Learn, prosper, have fun, and be part of a successful and growing business at Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. We’re Hiring a Learning Solutions Program Developer in Tampa Fl!
Why work at Checkers & Rally’s? Because we do things like nobody else! From our food to our over the top attitude, we’re unlike any other burger joint on the planet. We’re big, bold and loaded with flavor and fun. We work hard, train smart and empower our employee’s to be the best. When you get down to it, we’re a pretty awesome place to work!
The Learning Solutions Program Developer is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of training materials and programs. This position provides consultation on the training content development, instructional, reference, and performance support materials for Checker’s /Rally’s People and Operating Systems. This position develops and delivers an on-line and blended learning environment while assisting with Team Member and Management Training initiatives, and national meeting workshops, . This position participates on cross-functional teams in the design, development, testing and execution of training to improve or expand the Checkers/Rally’s People and Operating Systems.
1. Designs, develops, and manages content for training in support of Operations and People Systems initiatives. Specific types of activities include:
- Executing the training design and field ready process to ensure training (content, delivery and measurements) is on-point, relevant to the learner, accurate, and accessible.
- Designing training and performance support tools within learning content management environment for delivery across multiple channels of the business (company and franchise restaurants).
- Evaluating levels of training execution, effectiveness and performance impact utilizing a combination of quantitative and qualitative measures and collection methods.
- Providing recommendations for continuous improvement based on evaluation data, field feedback, personal observation, and external best practices.
- Partnering with field and restaurant support center cross-functional colleagues through the design, field ready process, launch, and evaluation of training initiatives.
- Working with internal personnel and external translation vendors to provide Spanish-language versions of training (as appropriate).
2. Provides instructional design and performance improvement guidance for cross-functional initiatives and other projects as assigned.
3. Designs, develops and modifies training in a wide range of mediums (instructor guides, exercises, work instructions, procedures, job aides, web-based, e-learning, assessments, simulations, etc.) that target transfer of skills, knowledge and behaviors aligned with the culture, brand and operational environment.
4. Supervises or collaborates with other team members to facilitate material, including creative design, desk-top publishing, outside vendor support, translation and material inventory set-up, distribution, and management.
5. Forecasts budget requirements (annually and update by period) for review/approval by Director of Training and Talent Development. Manages and adjusts priorities to remain within budget as required.
6. Develops, maintains, and manages field communication strategy to provide optimal exposure and utilization of training, references, and performance support materials.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to engage, manage and motivate others and establish rapport.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with all levels within the organization, and with guests, franchisees, and suppliers.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities, meet demanding deadlines, adjust to sudden changes in workflow, and maintain high quality standards.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to think independently, take corrective action, and to resolve inquiries and requests for information.
- Strong instructional and reference design skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, Guests and the general public.
- Ability to maintain all job-related information in a confidential and private manner.
- Excellent project management skills including organizing, planning, budgeting, and prioritizing work load.
- Intellectual versatility, system thinking, and visioning skills – focusing on effective simplicity.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow- up skills.
- Solid understanding of business concepts and cycles.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and cross-functional/brand teams.
- Undergraduate degree with significant course work and/or certification in adult education, instructional design, instructional technology, technical writing and interpersonal/organizational communication.
- At least 2 years of Instructional Design and Instructional Technology experience required.
- Experience in Instructional design/delivery which leverages multiple delivery approaches, including the use of technology-driven, web based platforms for training delivery, evaluation, and administration. Experience working with e-learning authoring software (Captivate, Dreamweaver etc..), storyboarding, and learning content management systems.
- Project management skills, instructional technology experience and alternative instructional experience
- Retail management (QSR industry preferred – other industry experience considered) and project management experience required.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Learn, prosper, have fun, and be part of a successful and growing business at Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. We’re Hiring a...