Checkers Employee Reviews

i want a reliable and sable job where i can grow from and learn things out of the business
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillside, NYApril 25, 2017
i would really love to be apart of your team and get to know the business really well i want to be able to provide for my family and make enough to go to college and become a nurse and also learn from you guys
Pros
lunch and weekends off
Cons
healthcare
A little hectic but nothing was impossible.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 25, 2017
Going into work everyday was easy. You had managers who assisted you immediately. I learned how to handle hostile situations professionally. The most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with new people and giving customers a positive attitude. It just made everything better.
Pros
Free lunches, Employee of the month incentives
Cons
Short breaks
Its really a nice place to work at least for me. Everybody will eventually has their own opinion.
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 24, 2017
Their food always well prepared, always ready to be serve. They try their hardest to give the customers the best quality food possible. Everybody on the job know at least more than one position which facilitate everything.
Pros
U have an employee meals which is a discount you have when purchase your meal.
Cons
No healthcare, discount not free meal, No raise.
Nasty place
Fryer Cook (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJApril 23, 2017
· I was mainly a fryer at a fast food place commonly known as Checkers. My responsibilities contained more than frying up food for the customer, but also to make the sandwiches and keep the place clean. I learned how to fry food and cook hamburgers. Poorly managed and the workplace culture was extremely unprofessional. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers. Most enjoyable part was working with the co-employees.
Pros
Easy Job, Co-Employees
Cons
Fast-Paced, Rude Managers
Fast paced
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILApril 22, 2017
I loved working in a fast paced environment, it made your day go by faster. The summer nights it was also nice to have your worker's discount and get a nice cold slushy or ice cream cone.
Pros
50% discount Flexible hours
Cons
Small workplace
Productive and fun work place
Crew memeber (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIApril 22, 2017
The kitchen was always kept clean so was the dinning area. The employees were nice & respectful. The communication between the customers & the employees were respectful.
Pros
Great services, food is served out on time
Cons
N/A
Fun fast paced job with regular customers.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 21, 2017
The job was fast paced I loved being busy there was always plenty to do. However the hours were either to long or too short. After working there so long all of us did become like family but unfortunately that did cause issues. We helped each other out for the most part. The area was decent and the customers were too.
Pros
Half off food and smoke breaks
Cons
Sometimes management expected the impossible. Sometimes no breaks were given
High school job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 20, 2017
It is a great place to work at while you are in school. Do not expect to make a lot of money just expect to get by. Do not make this place your permanent home.
Working here is very intresting because of the people you enconter everyday
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  8100 nw 2nd ave miami flApril 20, 2017
Keep an open mind and a clear head. Keep a smile on your face and be kind with the customers. Remember to listen carefully with a smile. Make sure that your customer is happy.
Pros
That there is always another position to strive to be better at
It was a learning experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLApril 19, 2017
Customers were a little edgy at times. Equipment kept malfunctioning and the amount of time we had to take orders weren't acceptable. The environment was too tense at times because of the friction the customers caused.
Pros
The employees were friendly and easy to work with
Cons
20% discount
Did a massive hire with only 25-30 hours available for shifts
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 18, 2017
Learning experience for me, and I did learn a few things in regards to fast food which helps being a better customer/employee. I could not afford to keep working with little to no hours. The location was great and the staff
Something different
front-end associate of a fast-paced restaurant (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLApril 15, 2017
Working at Checkers was definitely an experience. Fast-paced and hectic on certain days. Although the management wasn't the greatest, it was worth the experience.
very unorganized and unclean
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNApril 15, 2017
the employees there are very disrespectful its the hardest place to work when you got people cursing you out. nobody trained me i had to learn on my own
Pros
free food
Cons
unknown schedule
staff very standoffish
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Selden, NYApril 7, 2017
I personally didn't have a very good experience. people weren't too friendly, just talked amongst themselves and weren't inviting at all felt secluded.
Fast food worker highly efficient at preparing food orders quickly while greeting all customers and manging the cash register accurately.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 6, 2017
Recognized by peers and management for going above and beyond normal job functions . Correctly received orders, processed payments and responded appropriately to guest .
Fun palce to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIApril 6, 2017
This was a fun place to work and I learned a lot from this company, but management wasn't that great. Overall I learned how to be a team player and leadership.
Fun workplace
Checkers | Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 6, 2017
I am a hard worker I love communicate with others and very out going and outspoken person I love to make others smile I am a very reliable person I am very loyal to my job and employees
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30 mins break
Very Live
SHIFT LEADER/ MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 5, 2017
Hardest part about this job is finding enough reliable people who want to work.
There are a lot of cool hardworking people who are there to make your job easier.
A typical day is very fast paced and lots of work to keep things flowing.
Fun workplave
Cook (Former Employee) –  Preparing the foodApril 2, 2017
I have learned a lot as working in different places learning new things is very interesting to me meeting new peoples is fun working at checkers was fun cooking and making burgers was very easy once I got the hang of it
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Very unstable workplace.
Crew Member/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 1, 2017
The typical day at checkers was very stressful and unstable. More often than not, workers were scheduled for hours they had already notified the company were unavailable for them. Most other workers, crew member and managers alike, were replaced very frequently. Crew members did not receive any benefits. On a positive note, I feel this job taught me the importance of working hard and making sure to do my best, regardless of what was happening around me.
Pros
Learning customer relations and learning to work under stress
Cons
Constant fluctuations in co-workers, unprofessional work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Checkers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7