Checkers

Checkers Employer Reviews

Fun
Food Preparation (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2015
A typical day at work was challenging but in a fun way. I learned how to work with a well organized team in a timely manor to get the work done well. The management was superior as was my co-workers.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Hostess (Current Employee), Calistoga, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I learned how to efficiently cater to guest's needs as well as work with my co workers in an effective manor. Learning practical skills such as time management, managing multiple tasks and people skills.
A great learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GeorgiaFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: no breaks
I worked 10 hour shifts five sometimes six days a week. I learned how to have patience with people. I was a salary manager. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, teaching them the rights and the wrongs in food service.
Checkers is a good place to work if you don't have other choices
Expeditor, fryer and cashier (Former Employee), Palm Bay FLFebruary 10, 2015
It was a good place to work at, coworkers are very nice. I've learned to cook/ fry and doing cashier. cleaning and making sure getting the customer's order the right way is a must. I was pregnant when i was working and they didn't treat me well.
Productive and work hard.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short break.
Working at checkers is not easy job special fast food everyday I came I always working till I go home and working hard because the always short a person, but you know work like that make my body active a lot I don't be lazy.

1. What I like i learn a lot about this job make my body use to work hard I have a lot experience working on fast food.
2. What I don't like the don' t pay you what you work for.
Its ok job to work for
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: no benefits
Work was ok worked a lot and had lots a fun there when I was working there they promoted fast there as a shift manager. Was working there for 7 years because of loved the people I worked with
my first job was the best management team in the area
Crew Member (Former Employee), Landover, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long breaks
clean
work
prep
wash dishes
serve food
stocking am pm
working overtime if needed
sweep and mop clean up parking lot and inside walk area vacuum
most of all show respect to all guest and living guest
Daily operations
management (Current Employee), Hudson, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: i love the chalenges
Cons: no airconditioning
Check all numbers &reports. Make sure crew & work place are ready to WOW the guests. Manage crew on threw positions. Maintain cleanliness, supply levels. & guest interactions.
Team lead
Team Lead (Former Employee), Stone Mountain GaJanuary 28, 2015
Opened and closed restaurant and handled training of new hires. Responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to recipes and specifications. Worked quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Notified senior management of inventory levels and logged customer concerns. Delivered on company’s promise to serve delicious food while providing fast and friendly service.
Great for high school students
Team leader (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 28, 2015
The management at this job could have a been a little better. The job is ok for your first job but they need to up the pay. its great for for high school kids looking for a part tie job.
unorganized
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee), greenbelt mdJanuary 27, 2015
the environment was very unsanitary . the management was disrespectful and phony. the co-workers were rude .the hours interfered with my schooling and they were very inconsiderate .
working for checkers is okay
Fry Cook (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Checkers is an okay job to have only if the management is okay. a typical day would be fast-paced and fun. Some of the co-workers are easy to get along with.
Amazing place to be
crew memeber (Current Employee), stratford,NjJanuary 27, 2015
Working at checkers is a pleasant place to work because they environment and people are amazing.
Very Productive:crowded
Crew member (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Working at checkers was basically kind of easy and hard at the same time because as I said in my previous job you will see I said I was working at "sitel and checkers at the same time and my car broke down .Basically all I had to to do was stay at the window and wait on drive through and deal with rude costomers.
It was a very enjoyable job
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Edgewood, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: you had free meals on your breaks and beforeyou come and after you leave
Cons: their was no cons
A typical day was simple just had to show up and do your job
I learned everything from my manager who was very cool and my co-workers were the same
Their was no hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job was competing for the managers vision of being the managers go to employee
Checkers is a fast pace environment.
Shift manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: the area where i worked.
At work i would supervise my workers and make sure everything is in the right order. I learned how to manage labor, money, customers, workers, all at once. My coworkers was great because we all worked as a team.The hardest part was to make sure nobody was stealing from the registers and running my shift at the same time because any money that comes up missing it would be on me. What i enjoyed the most was that i got paid for all the hard work i did.
Fast and productive work place with nice co workers
Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work starts with me opening up the store and prepping food, equipment, and work area, also I am required to cook the food, clean the store, stock the store, and count the inventory.
It was very productive and fun because each day would always be different than the day before.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: some days weren't as good as others.
The most enjoyable part of my job was remembering what the regular customers wanted on their sandwiches.

As for the co-workers is how I was treated on some days that had me thinking what did I do to cause these problems to keep happening for when it came to a lot of the teenagers up to mid-30's in age. One of my managers didn't want to do anything about the time when there were heavy boxes of cooking oil bottles inside stacked up at the restroom door by a co-worker when I was changing my clothes to come home and of course this person denied it even though I knew who it was doing it. There is more but I don't want to get into a lot of it on here. Some of the management was good to me and understood what I sometimes was going through on not my so good days.

A typical day at work was to wash my hands, check on the board to see where I would be working at which was usually the sandwich making station and there were days I would step over to the fryer to cook the fries at the same time looking at the monitor to see how many and what size of fries the customers were ordering. Sometimes I would have to slide over to bag the orders to either give out to the drive-up customers and walk up orders.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the orders sometimes especially when some of my co-workers would forget to delete orders and that would confuse me wondering where we are sometimes at at the present time.

What I learned was can't always please the customers.
extremely busy above average pay
Senior Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2015
if your willing to put your nose to the grind-stone, this is a great place to work.
Learning enviorment
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: learning management skills
Cons: employee call outs
Working at Checkers gave me the opportunity to utilize my management skills. I moved up fairly fast into the management role and learned that it takes a lot of time management and you have to be prepared for any and everything.

1 2 3 4 5