Cheddar's Casual Café Employee Reviews

A good part time job
Hostess and Togo (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Cheddars is a great job for college students. I love my co-workers and managers but need a better job now that I graduated college. They are flexible with school schedules and even with second jobs schedules.
Productive and fun workplace
HOST (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 13, 2017
a typical day at work was hosting duties such as answering phones and seating guests to their tables. Its a restaurant where we can make friends .
Its an okay place to work, there are things to improve upon.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXJanuary 12, 2017
During the work day I sat people at tables, picked up the phone as it rang in the front, drew up waiter charts and cut slips, cleaned menus, swept the floor, cleaned the rest room, and washed the front door windows. Working at Cheddar's helped me learn to do work tasks efficiently and it gave me experience on how to work with customers and give them the best experience possible while dining at the restaurant. Most of my co-workers were generally nice and helped me to learn how the restaurant functioned quickly. The managers were always on top of things that happened with customers but when there were problems with employees they ignored them and would not do anything to help resolve the problems. The hardest part of the job was to make sure everything in the front was organized at all times. Having it organized in the front means having no customers waiting on the hostess to be sat, if there is a wait list then you have to make sure to have accurate wait times and to sit the right people in the right order, having the floor charts up to date at all times, keeping the host stand neat and clean, and always making sure the managers know the status of the front of the restaurant. The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly getting a free drink at the beginning of my shift.
Cheddar's Employment
Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work included opening the restaurant, assisting cook with food preparation, greeting tables and meeting their needs as they dine in, closing out checks, and closing the restaurant. I learned a lot about how to please customers best, which made my job satisfaction the most enjoyable aspect of Cheddar's. The hardest part was the management. They did not keep positions filled so we were constantly running out of necessities like silverware and glasses. However, it was an overall great learning experience in the work force.
Pros
Discounted Food
Semi Decent
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 10, 2017
It was great for the meantime, but after working there I noticed that there was one of the workers that would roll the dirty silverware and then place them in the front of the restaurant so the hosts can grab them (thinking they were clean) to give to the customers to eat with. GROSS!
The servers would go to the host stand to see who is seated next. Even though the manager had told them not to go to the host stand, because it would be too many people in the front and the customers wouldn't be tended to. (as usual the serves did it anyways)
I had to tell my family and friends not to go there anymore.
Overall it was easy. Clean the bathrooms and tables, make sure to wipe down the menus. Simple stuff like that.
I feel they need to hire some new cleaner servers though.
Pros
delicious food
Cons
cleanliness, lack of understanding
Fast paced busy enviroment
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Fast paced. Always something to do. Family atmosphere employees care for one another. Lots of satisfaction serving hundreds a day.
good expirence
Server (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Work was fulfilling and busy. Worked hard and had a good time while working with employees. Management could be better by taking care of its employees and offering a higher wage
Giving guests a time they'll remember at our resturant.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FL 33781January 6, 2017
Smile at all times and have a positive attitude. Be willing to help others and interact with family's. Work fast and make sure to keep a calm collective state of mind. Find other work to do always be productive. I learned how to work with lots of different people. I learned how to communicate better. The management was very respectful and took care of any problem. My co- workers were excellent everyone helped each other out. There wasn't really a hard part but if I had to choose a more difficult part it would be when we would have to be put on a wait time. The most enjoyable part was greeting guests and seating them because they were always friendly.
Pros
tips, free meal if you worked a double
Cons
no benefits
Great Work place
Culinary Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I love my work environment that I help create at Cheddars. My team and I goes above a great experience for our guests and beyond to creat
It feels good serving guests a homemade meal
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day consists of working close with your team, in the trenches, giving the guest the best product, together.

I learned what culture truly means, how to create it, how long it takes to build, and how quickly the wrong staff can ruin it.

The hardest part of said job would be the long hours it took to get the job done completely and correctly. Although they have communicated new work life balance policies, the lack of support on an under-staffing issue makes those null and void.

The most enjoyable part of said job would be the family like feeling you have within the four walls.
Pros
Free meals. Flexible uniform standards, Culture
Cons
Long hours, minimal corperate visits, payroll
Busy
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Cheddar's is a very busy place at night, especially on weekends. If you are a good server, you will get good tables and good tips. Just remember, some people NEVER tip, no matter how great their service.
Okay place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Typical day at work was very busy
Learned how to effectively wait tables
Management was okay
Co workers were not always the friendliest
Having to keep up with the rush
Tips were pretty
Cons
Short breaks, Long nights, Late closing
eh
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJanuary 2, 2017
This was a good job for a beginning server. wasn't too hard, was always busy, food wasn't too expensive so expect cheap clientele. Volume of guest however, allowed one to make nice money.
Pros
always busy
Cons
cheap food cheap people
Upbeat environment and casual dining
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at Cheddar's included taking orders, cleaning the restaurant and kitchen, making salads, and ensuring all orders leave the kitchen exactly as the guest ordered. After working here I learned that team work is important but you cannot depend on everyone. The management at Cheddar's were always cheerful and ready to lend a hand where they were needed. My co-workers were helpful and friendly. The hardest part of this job was under staffing, most nights we were struggling to keep up but we always worked hard to maintain quality service to all guests. The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to have positive relationships with every employee.
Casual and affordable dining!
Server (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Cheddar's because we were busy all the time, so I always had something to keep me occupied. The staff was great to work with, there was never a dull moment.
This was a fun but difficult job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 29, 2016
I opened this restaurant so I was one of the original staff. Opening a restaurant is a daunting task and it was one of the hardest things I think I've done. The restaurant was packed from open to close and because of the area it was located in, it didn't stop all day for the first six months. Once the newness wore off, it became a easier manageable job. I only worked part time and I started as a server and finished as a bartender.
fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TX 76903December 29, 2016
Cheddars is a very busy restaurant. There were times i would get in the weeds and other servers would jump to help me by taking out food or helping refill drinks
Too much gossip from employees AND management...
Togo specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 29, 2016
A typical day at work-
* BUSY, SOMETIMES FRUSTRATING.
What you learned-
* I learned that you dont go to work to make friends. Always focus on yourself and your duties. And last, Never get into other peoples gossip because its not worth it for one and for two not to let other peoples opinions offend you because you will have negative nancy ANY job that you are at!
Management-
*The management at Cheddar's were very judgmental. And worse then the employees when it came to gossiping...
My co-workers-
*The co-workers there seemed to all get along very well... but there were a select few that were the rumor starters!
Pros
Free lunch or dinner if you worked a double on the weekends only!
Cons
THE GOSSIP AND DRAMA!!
Cheddar
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brandywine, MDDecember 27, 2016
The hardest part of my job is the customers as it is in any restaurant job. I learned a lot about the different working of a restaurant.
They were a okay company to work for.
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 26, 2016
Some managers did their job but, others did not. The overall work of the business was not worth the stress level they put on you. They back kitchen was very unclean and unsanitary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheddar's Casual Café. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9