Cheddar's Casual Café Employee Reviews

Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 16, 2017
This restaurant was an excellent place to work for. I enjoyed management and all of my coworkers. The atmosphere in this restaurant was absolutely amazing.
fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 16, 2017
friendly and helpful staff. great management, flexible hours, fast paced, competitive pay. great food, friendly customers, fair tips, elaborate training
poor management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 11, 2017
This was my first job. Although learning much about myself and working a job, i also witnessed poor management skills. There was almost none or barely any strict rules. Servers sharked tables from each other and customer clientle was rather unpleasant due to cheap prices.
Pros
lots of tables and always busy
Cons
bad tips/clientle
Fun place to work, stressful
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 11, 2017
Co workers were fun to work with, management is stressful at times. Lots of changes requiring more work for little reward. Overstaffed at times. Didn't always get tables
MANAGEMENT sucks at some location
Server (Former Employee) –  West Melbourne, FLOctober 11, 2017
I liked the free food but that was about it besides the money. I would have 120 when I walked out after my shift. Back of house work was the worst and I will never work in food again.
nice and enjoyable
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 10, 2017
great place to work
great food and drinks
friendly environment
the hardest part was to make sure all tables are happy it just depends on hows many you have
Pros
food half price
Cons
stressful and rude customers
A very bad job to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 9, 2017
Cheadar's Casual Café was one of the worst jobs I have ever had. it was a very unprofessional place to work for. Servers was forced to split tips with the bartenders, host ,SA's, Food runners and more. It would be nights where servers would f=do all of the above jobs but still would be forced to pay out.
loved my staff and employees
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, INOctober 9, 2017
Enjoyed working their, but very back stabbing. No rewards for hard work. New owners want machines not people that care. They only care about numbers.
Friendly workplace.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 7, 2017
This was a family. Everyone here treated one another with respect. The ones who didn't respect the family didn't last long. The managers were like the older brothers and sisters, just because you didn't know what they were doing didn't mean they meant harm.
Pros
Family friendly.
Cons
Pay
Fun Place and Great Pay
Server (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 4, 2017
As a Server at Cheddar’s Cafe, I made great money and received wonderful tips. The job Culture was fun and everyone lent a helping hand. I accrued regulars and looked forward to going to work.
Pros
Pay and People
Cons
Shifts
my summary
Cook (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 4, 2017
bad place to work would not recommend due to lack of organization, and management are very unprofessional, a very high turn over rate.
but the food is good.
Adequate
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 29, 2017
I personally did not have the best experience because of management and other employees. It may be different elsewhere but my location was not an ideal situation.
busy
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 29, 2017
so busy. fun if you like fast paced jobs. but theres a lot of team work needed to get the job done. good people, employees, and environment. would do again
Seriously
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 28, 2017
I left because the manager, when she thought I had left, started laughing and making fun of the fact that my aunt had a stroke, causing me to leave early. Making it all about herself.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The manager named bb
Good
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 27, 2017
Love working there friendly environment love working with the people I work with the job is not hard or stressful I get plenty of hours the work place is safe I love the product the sale and serve I love going to work the pay is great I don't plan on leaving they make u feel welcome and it's a team effort Everytime I am there
Pros
Food
Cons
Don't work to hard
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 23, 2017
This job will keep you on your toes and have you working with a sense of urgency. The work environment is very competitive and rewarding. There are several positions and advancement is always available to those who work hard to get to that point.
Was Amazing place for my first serving job
SERVER/FLOOR WALKER(HOURLY MANAGER) (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 21, 2017
One of the most tight nit group of people you could ask for. The culture there was just like a family. Management was involved and knew what was going on every step of the shift. All the wait staff were on the same page and didn't hesitate to help one another.
Fun
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 21, 2017
The atmosphere was great, and fun to work in. Nothing beats a dinner rush. The adrenaline the feeling of letting muscle memory take over. I would love to get a job similar.
Customer service
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 21, 2017
As a waitress you must give excellent customer service. Always be on top of the ball so you do not forget anyone, and always think positively. You can be given anywhere from 2 to 7 tables to manage. I really learned the importance of time management here. Always be gracious to whoever you are serving, and never give them a bad impression of you or the restaurant. You want people to enjoy their time relaxing and eating.

Management had to be organized so that there were enough servers for all the tables available, food was being made and brought out with efficiency and skill.

The work was fast passed, you had to know the menu inside and out and be able to give recommendations. Time management was imperative.
Pros
half priced lunches
Cons
odd eating times and schedules
Productive and laid back work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I loved working at Cheddars. The managers were amazing and so were they employees. We all leaded helping hands at all times. It was a very laid back work place. It was at times and busy at others.
Pros
The Company its self