Cheddar's Casual Café Employee Reviews

Giving guests a time they'll remember at our resturant.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FL 33781January 6, 2017
Smile at all times and have a positive attitude. Be willing to help others and interact with family's. Work fast and make sure to keep a calm collective state of mind. Find other work to do always be productive. I learned how to work with lots of different people. I learned how to communicate better. The management was very respectful and took care of any problem. My co- workers were excellent everyone helped each other out. There wasn't really a hard part but if I had to choose a more difficult part it would be when we would have to be put on a wait time. The most enjoyable part was greeting guests and seating them because they were always friendly.
Pros
tips, free meal if you worked a double
Cons
no benefits
It feels good serving guests a homemade meal
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day consists of working close with your team, in the trenches, giving the guest the best product, together.

I learned what culture truly means, how to create it, how long it takes to build, and how quickly the wrong staff can ruin it.

The hardest part of said job would be the long hours it took to get the job done completely and correctly. Although they have communicated new work life balance policies, the lack of support on an under-staffing issue makes those null and void.

The most enjoyable part of said job would be the family like feeling you have within the four walls.
Pros
Free meals. Flexible uniform standards, Culture
Cons
Long hours, minimal corperate visits, payroll
Busy and diverse restaurant to work at
Server/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 26, 2016
I enjoy speaking to people and taking care of everyones needs when they come to eat at cheddars. Although it's not my desired career path, I have excelled at this company and moved up within 3 months of being employed there and continued to grow with Cheddars over the past two years.
Pros
Meeting new people, trying new food
Cons
No benefits
Rapidly Growing Company in a High Energy Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 26, 2016
I LOVED working for cheddars. It's a fast, on your feet job. I was promoted from server and bartender to management within 6 months. LOTS of room for growth and many different locations opening. There was only one issue as a manager. The hours. Which wasn't a problem before I had a baby but you can imagine after 14-16 hour day it can take its toll. I know they ARE working on that though.
Pros
Environment, management, high energy
Cons
work/life balance
The Cheddar's Workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 9, 2016
The start of the typical Cheddars day involved but not limited to, making numerous gallons of pre-made cocktail mixers, prepping salads and deserts for to go customer pick ups, fully stocking the bar with all items needed. Cheddars is a very high volume fast pace work environment therefore the ability to work nonstop for hours at a time was key. Cheddars is where I learned the ability and experience to work non stop while staying focused and on track. Management understood the volume of the business and did their best to help make the workday easier when possible. My co-workers were all very professional and helped to make the workday flow smoothly. The hardest part of this job was the lack of staffing we would have on occasion yet the most enjoyable part was being able to stay busy and constantly having a full plate of responsibilities.
Too much gossip from employees AND management...
Togo specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 29, 2016
A typical day at work-
* BUSY, SOMETIMES FRUSTRATING.
What you learned-
* I learned that you dont go to work to make friends. Always focus on yourself and your duties. And last, Never get into other peoples gossip because its not worth it for one and for two not to let other peoples opinions offend you because you will have negative nancy ANY job that you are at!
Management-
*The management at Cheddar's were very judgmental. And worse then the employees when it came to gossiping...
My co-workers-
*The co-workers there seemed to all get along very well... but there were a select few that were the rumor starters!
Pros
Free lunch or dinner if you worked a double on the weekends only!
Cons
THE GOSSIP AND DRAMA!!
Upbeat environment and casual dining
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at Cheddar's included taking orders, cleaning the restaurant and kitchen, making salads, and ensuring all orders leave the kitchen exactly as the guest ordered. After working here I learned that team work is important but you cannot depend on everyone. The management at Cheddar's were always cheerful and ready to lend a hand where they were needed. My co-workers were helpful and friendly. The hardest part of this job was under staffing, most nights we were struggling to keep up but we always worked hard to maintain quality service to all guests. The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to have positive relationships with every employee.
very upbeat fun place to work at.
Server (Former Employee) –  Avon, INDecember 12, 2016
I was a server. I waited tables and interpreted for the latino crowd.
Management was very supportive for me.
Most coworkers were very helpful.
Long hours of standing and walking and running food and drinks.
Making the guests happy with good food.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad tips
It's a restaurant. A sub-par restaurant.
Busser/Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2016
The work was very physically demanding as a busser and mentally demanding as a hostess. The workers do have a family mentality and look out for each other (at least between bussers and hosts and waiters) but management tending to be unforgiving. The hardest part was the lack of breaks. Sometimes I would have to go to the bathroom just to get off my feet for five minutes. And I wasn't paid minimum wage - the difference was supposed to be "made up" from tip shares, wherein I got a percentage of the wait staff's tips.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
No breaks unless you have a double shift, physically demanding, being kept past my shift almost everyday
Cheddar's Employment
Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work included opening the restaurant, assisting cook with food preparation, greeting tables and meeting their needs as they dine in, closing out checks, and closing the restaurant. I learned a lot about how to please customers best, which made my job satisfaction the most enjoyable aspect of Cheddar's. The hardest part was the management. They did not keep positions filled so we were constantly running out of necessities like silverware and glasses. However, it was an overall great learning experience in the work force.
Pros
Discounted Food
Monotonous
Dish Technician (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 9, 2016
Typical day at work consists of having to go in the afternoon and catch up where previous employees were and maintain a aesthetic atmosphere. Learned about speed and consistency. Management seems to not care too much for employees claiming that we are easily replaceable. Some of the co-workers make my job easier, but there are some that definitely make it harder. the hardest part of the job is dealing with co-workers who are unmotivated and do an abysmal job. the most enjoyable part of the job is when I actually have good team members who put the same effort out as I do.
Pros
The job is easy
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Good and bad
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 20, 2016
Overall good company alot of work for what they pay servers are constantly changing. Benefits are a joke. Lots of hours available. For the most parts the mangers are good. You have to fight for raises.
Pros
Cook staff
Cons
Servers
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 31, 2016
Overall Cheddars is a wonderful place to work especially as a beginning serving job. The sections are small and there are enough servers there that as long as everyone is working the shift is a breeze. They have a habit of making the same individuals close every single night for months so beware if you want to close down the restaurant one night, chances are it will not be the last.

Management is great! The customers are a mix between amazing and awful (but that's every serving job) They are willing to work with you if you are willing to work with them.
Pros
You can usually always find 40 hours
Cons
The benifits are iffy and you can only get 1/2 off on weekdays an hour before close
Cheddaar's Review
Culinary Assistant/Supervisor, Server (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Decent company to work for, there are possible opportunities for advancement. Management can be better but great co-workers to work with.
Fun and fast-paced work environment
Prep-cook/expediter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 8, 2016
This was a fun job. I learned how to move,read,and communicate quick and effectively. Working at Cheddar's, I definitely felt a sense of teamwork and management did well listening to its crew. The hardest part of this job was keeping up sometimes, at rushes and special occasions, it did tend to get a little tense.
Pros
Free meals when a double was worked and 50% off any other time
Cons
Almost no breaks at all, just to use the restroom
Fun Work Environment
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 29, 2016
Fast-paced but fun environment to work in. The management was very encouraging and always pushed us to become better servers. The servers worked very well as a team which helped to make our jobs easier overall. The hardest part of the job would be the constant uncertainty of how much money you would make. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the bonds and friendships made there.
Pros
The bonds made with the management and servers.
Cons
Uncertain pay
Fun environment and enjoyable relations with customers.
Server (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 4, 2016
Great place for flexibility. Management could use some work being on the same page about issues with product or customer relation.

A typical work day starts with getting checked in by a manager making sure you are ready to work. Then when customers start coming in, introducing myself to them and starting them with drinks and appetizers, then checking on them after a few minutes and getting their order and getting it started. if there is a problem with the meal then i apologize for the mistake and get it fixed as soon as possible.

I learned how to provide customer service in a timely manner.

Most of the co-workers are great and a few have a foul personality but its best just to ignore them and do the job to the best of your ability.

Relatively easy work just long hours and short breaks.

The most enjoyable part is the customers and the experience that i can give them along with making their stomach full and happy.
Pros
Discounted meals.
Cons
Long hours, Health care.
Good place to work for young adults
Busser (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2016
Working in the restaurant industry is a completely unique experience compared to anything else out there. I learned how to keep a restaurant neat and tidy. The waitstaff always looked down on the bussers as second-class employees, which became frustrating at times and created workplace tension. The managers were very straightforward but also very unappreciative of hard work.
Pros
Pays pretty well
Cons
No breaks, unappreciative management
Great team and flexible hours
Server/Bartender/Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 29, 2017
Great work environment with a hard working and dedicated team. Cheddar's as a whole is dedicated to giving their guest a memorable experience. Not only is the scratch food wonderful but the staff is great to be around.
Pros
Meal benefits and Great team.
Cons
Stressful at times and fast pace.
Work that smile and keep your chin up
Sever/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 24, 2016
As stated in my summary, if you wish to maintain consistent pay (tips) and keep one's frustration lowered, work your smile and keep that chin up. Rhetoric situations come up in any job as we all know. Just watch for those if interested in a JOB and not a career. Also beware of the 2 faced ones amongst the crew, easily because they're just that. So just keep it real and do you. Shin on.
Pros
friendly environment, etc..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheddar's Casual Café. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9