Cheddar's Casual Café Employee Reviews

Very busy and never staffed properly. 31 severs to 5 cooks
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 19, 2016
Out of 20 years of working in food service this place is one of top 3 worst jobs I have ever had. Management is very poor and not supportive of necessary and basic functions to best serve guests,thier primary concern is why do they have to help when they should be able to hide in the office? That same moral is pass down to all other employees.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
To many to list
fun place to work with alot of different people to meet daily
Waiter/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 19, 2016
I actually loved working there. I was able to pick my own schedule almost. I enjoy meeting the different types of people. I was also able to pick my own salary based on my own performance in customer service.
Pros
putting a value on myself
Cons
too many young people worked there
Cooking experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Learned a lot there great group of guys we would cook together have and make great money to do it. Having people asking for you to come out to there table because you just so happen to make the best steak in the world for them and they want to thank you is a great feeling
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Under pay
Rapidly Growing Company in a High Energy Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 26, 2016
I LOVED working for cheddars. It's a fast, on your feet job. I was promoted from server and bartender to management within 6 months. LOTS of room for growth and many different locations opening. There was only one issue as a manager. The hours. Which wasn't a problem before I had a baby but you can imagine after 14-16 hour day it can take its toll. I know they ARE working on that though.
Pros
Environment, management, high energy
Cons
work/life balance
I love serving but..
Server (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2016
There is no garuntee that you will make money because of the guest culture. Guests who recieved poor service prior believe that its okay to come back, and NOT tip the server that provides them with the exceptional service they should've recieved the first time.I love the employees and managament is finally trying, as its been a revolving door.
a good place to start out, but not to make a career
Server (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNDecember 13, 2016
management was great and so were most of the people who worked there, however their turn over rate is about two weeks. Employees are constantly coming and going.
Pros
its really easy to drop and pick up a shift
Cons
you have to have the right personality to make money as a server
Fun and productive
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Its a rush and crazy but work as a team get things done in heart beat good service never fails awesome people to work with and working there is awesome been there for 2 yrs and 3 months its busy friday - thursdays but thats money coming gotta pick up if want money
Pros
Discount on food
Very busy there was very little down time. I like that.
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 24, 2017
I love the company, and the employees are wonderful. I am just wanting out of food service. It is a very exsausting job at the end of the day, and I am looking for a steady pay check.
Pros
Half off on most food.
Cons
constanty running for hours. Gets really tireing.
hardest part of the job
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 9, 2016
horrible managers, constantly harassing people with no consequences no stability they almost always schedule you out of your availability, this is a horrible company to work for if I knew then what I knew now I would've never worked there
Pros
good tips
Cons
you will work every weekend
Typical Work Day at Cheddars was Productive
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 21, 2016
My typical work day was multitasking different assignments such as: setting up the dish machine, prepping shrimp such as peeling and deveining,. I would also help set up the fry station and back-up station. upon doing the fry station I would make batter, cook tortillas, cut onions for onion rings and make flour. when prepping for back-up I would bag pasta in individual bags weighing them at a certain weight. All of the tasks I listed that I learned I was able to learn on my downtime as a dishwasher. my managers were easy to work with, and worked around my schedule. One thing I didn't like who didn't have good work ethics. I enjoyed learning new things and growing my skills and given the opportunity to advance within the company.
Pros
free lunches, adjustable work schedulei
Cons
i wish i wouldve had more benfits such as: health insurance, paid vacation, and breaks.
very upbeat fun place to work at.
Server (Former Employee) –  Avon, INDecember 12, 2016
I was a server. I waited tables and interpreted for the latino crowd.
Management was very supportive for me.
Most coworkers were very helpful.
Long hours of standing and walking and running food and drinks.
Making the guests happy with good food.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad tips
Positive Atmosphere
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 13, 2016
Although the Restaurant is not corporate is still maintains the feel of a corporate environment without the tedious micromanagement. The staff and management is friendly and even though it is sometimes stressful I'm happy to have been apart of the team.
Great employer
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 13, 2016
Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen was a great job for me to work on my communication skills with customers and work in a fast-paced environment. Working with an abundance of different individuals shows me different viewpoints of business inside the restaurant industry
fresh products, great staff and location
Server (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 9, 2017
cheddars in spring is in a great location. The quality of the products exceed the prices, great deals and good amount of food for your money. the food is always fresh and the staff is always welcoming
Pros
free lunch, great tips
Cons
Most times fun work place
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 23, 2017
Real hands on job. Stay busy constantly with no lunch break. You may at times have to preform more than one task at a time. Due to not enough staff and you may leave wet.
Pros
Sometimes fun place to work
Cons
No free luncj and no lunch break
Good productive work place
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2016
I really liked working this job, this was a very good job for all kinds of people cause they treat you like a family instead of just boring work everybody knows everyone.
Pros
Work how many hours you want
Cons
Only if you work a doubke you get a free meal.
Very great food and a resonable price
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 29, 2017
If you love to work, you will love cheddars! It keep you busy and on your toes with the constant turnovers. I hardest part of this job was leaving it when I decided to move back to New Orleans.
Pros
Employees and family discount
Cons
N/A
Decent establishment
Busboy/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Tridelphia West VirginiaJanuary 30, 2017
I think my overall reviews are very accurate to the experience. I didn't like the pay the short breaks but sometimes the tips were good. I truly believe the time I spent at Cheddar was a learning experience.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Short breaks
Lots or server and manager turnovers
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Went thru 3 manager changes and they couldn't keep servers. Made lots of good friends here though. Cheap food and drinks. Workplace was super stressful and no one tries to help anyone there. Not even the managers.
Hard Work Little Pay
Server (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 1, 2016
The menus items were cheap so tipping was hard to come by, i only had 2 $100 tips days, management didn't care if you made enough tips or not on our computers we had a system to where you could put your tips in and if it wasn't enough to cover the day a manager had to come and sign in saying that it was OK to leave, if you had that message pop up you were told to put in a higher amount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheddar's Casual Café. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9