Cheddar's Casual Cafe Employee Reviews

very poor work place
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 4, 2016
management can not conduct a very workable work space..the company has no appreciation for their employees and shows a lot of favoritism...
A very nice enviorment
HOST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 1, 2016
I clock in and speak with my manager then go and make sure all my supplies for the day is stocked. There is always new rules to learn each day in order for the job to run more smoothly. My manager and co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is to make sure every waiter has time to work their tables.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
short breaks
Cheddar's
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I could not stand this place, people were not trained right, everyone always gave an attitude when needed help, fight's, stolen food, I stopped working here, it is not a place where you would want to eat, the management was cruel and always did rude stuff behind everyones back.
Fun work environment
Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2016
Every work day comes with difficulties, but it also comes with rewards. Working at Cheddar's means being comfortable with a fast paced environment and working well as part of a team. You're never alone when you're on the job, your fellow coworkers and management team are always willing to help when you need it the most.
Pros
good money
Cons
late hours
High volume, fast paced Restaurant Management position
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2016
Very fast paced work environment, constantly adapting to ensure the shift runs smoothly. You stay busy from the moment you arrive, until the moment you leave. Great stepping stone into other management positions.
Pros
Industry competitive salary, benefits, paid vacations, 401k
Cons
no work life balance, long hours, irregular schedule
Balance between workplace and others.
Server (Current Employee) –  TuscaloosaJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day on the job, would consists of meeting the needs of each and every guest and having a relaxed environment with others in the business.
Very busy and fun restaurant
server (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 5, 2016
a day at work was always the same for me. I learned how to serve people well because this was actually my first serving job and i really enjoyed it. The managers were not strict but they also wanted work to be done. Co-workers were fun, sociable, and very outspoken and fun to work with. The hardest part of this job was to run food out to the customers because we had to carry trays on the shoulder and also carry tray holders, but the most enjoyable part about this job was talking to guests and experiencing new things.
Great environment for fast pace workers
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VADecember 11, 2015
Working at Cheddar's is a difficult task if used to slow paced jobs. I learned to pick up the pace on my first day working there, and I quickly got a handle on how I worked.
Pros
Great breaks
Cons
Managers don't understand that their employee's have a personal life
2nd shift cook at cheddars casual cafe
2nd shift cook (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 20, 2015
i really liked cooking an working for cheddars an my co workers were great to work with that made time fly by chedders is a good place to work if a person likes cooking an preparing food for they public i like cooking so this made this job great for me my hours were great didnt have problem with being on time never missed a day at work
Pros
they provided good healthcare coverage an benefits also
Cons
there wasnt time enough to take breaks
Fast Paced Restaurant Environment
Server, Bartender, Trainer and Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 10, 2015
I open the bar pretty much every day of the week. This includes making batched of our signature drinks for the day, cutting fruit, and getting the bar clean and organized so our guests have the best experience possible when they come in. I also work on special projects and am encouraged to think of ways I can improve our work environment. My co-workers are all pretty awesome and very team minded.
easy going managers and great coworkers
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYNovember 9, 2015
great place to work, they make you feel like home and treat you right. helps you learn life and common skills. fun working place always busy and never a null moment. helps you meet others like yourself.
GREAT WORKPLACE
Server (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 27, 2015
ENJOYED WORKING AT CHEDDARS HOWEVER THE MONEY WAS LESS THAN I NEEDED. ALSO THE GM WAS NOT PLEASANT TO WORK WITH. ALSO EMPLOYEES THERE WERE TEAM ORIENTED ON FIRST SHIFT AND NIGHT SHIFT WAS COMPLETELY CHAOTIC.
Cons
GENERAL MANAGER WAS ALWAYS MAD
bad job
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 23, 2015
this job was the worst job i ever had lack of management. needed more workers to apply. Wouldn't let you off on the time you needed to be because of lack of workers
Pros
everything else
Cons
no breaks
Restaurant
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 22, 2015
I believe in what they do and what they promote. I left mainly because I didn't want to continue working 60 or 70 hours a week.
Could be fun, but high-pressure at times.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 21, 2015
As a host, the amount of responsibilities I had were fairly low compared to the servers or BOH employees, but as the first person a guest will encounter, there is a lot of pressure to be friendly and positive at all times.

The restaurant in my area was popular and would become very crowded and busy on weekends in particular. The floor chart was a sheet of laminate paper on which we used grease pencils to mark down table assignments. In addition, we did not have headsets which made communication difficult and inconvenient for such a large establishment. This would never fail to create several blunders and mistakes when seating guests and in turn made a lot of people upset, guests and servers alike.

Aside from the outdated methods we had to work with, the employees and management were usually nice and fun to be around. Although the hours were short and the pay was low, it was enough to scrape by and go out for drinks once in a while with my co-workers.

The worst part about Cheddar's were the rude customers, but I guess that's a given in the food service industry. There could also be some conflict with the servers if for example they were about to get off before closing and a large party came in and they were the only other server working at that time. Another host or myself would have no choice but to seat their section which made them angry at us.

If you have issues being surrounded by a lot of people or dealing with confrontation from guests and other employees, this may not be the job for you. Best for a high school or college student looking to make some
  more... extra spending money.  less
Pros
Fun, young staff, upbeat environment, fair managers, 50% off meals while on breaks
Cons
Few hours, low pay, loud/chaotic surroundings, rude customers
Sit-down dining experience with reasonable prices
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 21, 2015
Cheddar's was my first job when I moved to Savannah, GA.
It was just being built in Pooler, GA and I was training as the restaurant was still being built.
I learned an extensive menu filled with unique food and drink items.
The management at Cheddar's were always very helpful and they made sure all employees worked in an efficient and orderly manner.
The restaurant would often be very busy since the prices are surprisingly low for such large amounts of food!
I worked with an amazing group of servers and I also had the privilage of training new ones.
I changed residences and sadly, I had to leave Cheddar's for a closer work location.
If you're ever in Pooler, swing in to Cheddar's. You'll be happy you did!
Decent job
Culinary Assistant/Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNOctober 20, 2015
Pros and Cons in every aspect of the job including some good managers and some not so good. There were some great colleagues and some not so great. Most days were busy and fast paced, but the busier the better! Very stressful job if you are affected by what people say in a personal manner.
Productive Workplace and fun working with others.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHOctober 14, 2015
Fun working with an getting to know others.
Very supportive management.
Easy to be moved up in a company, if your a great worker.
Good place to work overall
Server (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYOctober 11, 2015
The management could use some work, doesn't respect servers. Good place to make money because theyre constantly busy on the weekends.
My favorite workplace with loving environment.
Hostess/To-Go Server (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 10, 2015
As soon as you come to work you are greeted by your coworkers and we always compliment each other. There are hugs exchanged, but after you clock in it becomes focused. I learned so much about customer service and working in a fast-paced environment. The hardest part of my job is probably keeping up with ToGo orders on very busy nights, however I rarely make mistakes. The best part of my job is that I always enjoy coming in, I never dread it.
Pros
Co-worker family, management, money
Cons
Busy atmosphere can be stressful.