Cheddar's Casual Cafe

Cheddar's Casual Cafe Employee Reviews

Hostess (Former Employee), Spring, TXApril 12, 2015
Cheddar's Casual Cafe is overall a good place to work. You will definitely be busy the whole time, hardly ever slow. One really good thing is they work with your schedule.
Cheddar's Casual Cafe
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Sanford, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the pay rate for my position and discounts on food.
Cons: no breaks
Working at Cheddar's Casual Café was a good experience. It was a very high volume restaurant and a different type of restaurant environment. The guest were always cheerful and nice. A typical day at work was very fast paced and the co-workers there were very easy to get along with. The managers were always there to help out in any way they possible could and understanding. The hardest part of my job was cleaning at the end of each shift due to having to wait for all guest to leave the establishment and all of the cooks to be don with there utensils, The most enjoyable part of working at Cheddar's was working with very outgoing co-workers who worked together to get each task done.
Busy, yet fun place to work
Host (Current Employee), Austin, TexasFebruary 6, 2015
Once I get to work I see what servers are on the clock and then I mark their sections open on the board at the host stand that contains the table numbers and section numbers. Once people enter the restaurant I greet them and then seat them, while giving them menu's and silverware. The management is very nice and understanding and can help work around your busy schedule.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Very easy job to do, great staff to get along with, pretty much just like any other serving job. Management takes the job very seriously. Hardest part of the job is waiting for your turn in the rotation.
fun work place inconsistent managers
Server (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 14, 2015
the place was fun and the money was OK despite the low prices. But managers often chose favorites and were inconsistent when setting policies especially with tardiness and no shows.
Room to advance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 9, 2015
I have learned a lot while at Cheddars, I started as a server and have advanced quickly to a assistant general manager. The hardest part of my job is people calling out, or not showing up for work. It is hard to find hard workers with a strong ethic in today's world. I have worked hard to get where I am and expect the same out of others. My owners are very hands on with the company which is nice being with a franchise
Good money but not worth the stress
Server (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: employee meals, fun co-workers
Cons: stressful, management could be better
This is a good job if you need the money, but it is likely that you will get screwed over at some point or another. No matter when your availability is, you will be scheduled when they want you.
Upbeat and fun environment
Restaurant and Cocktail Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: fun, fast-paced, and discounted meals
Cons: advancement, compensation and micromanagement
For the most part, days were fun, upbeat and filled with quality and good times. Everything was made from scratch which was good and priced very cheap. I learned to work better in a team and that hard work does not go unnoticed. The management was great for the most part, yet some managers could have used some help. My coworkers were great in the aspect of taking care of their duties and also in helping others when needed. The hardest part about working there was the fact that there was no advancement to bartender and that some of the managers didn't know how to micromanage. I mostly enjoyed working as one of the team leaders which I did for the most part. The great, scratch made,cheap food and drinks definitely brought in customers which made it desirable to work at with all the business.
productive and fun work place
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 15, 2014
fun place ok tip drama fill severs. good food, 50% food. good location
productive and fun work place
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 15, 2014
fun place ok tip drama fill severs. good food, 50% food. good location
Ups and downs
Server (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 9, 2014
Fun, bonded staff. Catty Management. No structure. Multiple overturn of management.
Great Company
Server/Hostess/Busser (Former Employee), Camden, DEDecember 9, 2014
Great teamwork atmosphere. I really felt like I was included and valued.
Very Produvtive, Fun Place to work
Waiter/Server (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKNovember 24, 2014
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: not getting your break when you are a double
A typical day at Cheddar's is like being surround by other people who enjoy serving others with joy and comfort, I learned from working there good manners, great customer services skills, and how to enjoy what you love most, the management was ok they were a little unorganized though, the hardest part of the job is the frustration from too much body heat and being stressed out from not enough walk space in and out, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and being able to serve your customers with the respect you now they deserve.
A great workplace to grow in your career.
Culinary Manager/Service Manager/ (Current Employee), Little Rock, West Monroe,Tyler, LongviewNovember 17, 2014
Pros: food programs/full benefits
Cons: very long work weeks.
I travel extensively with Cheddars when service is lacking a other stores. I get along great with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the 60 plus hours I typically work a week.
Enjoyable Co-workers
Server (Current Employee), London, KYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: worked with school schedule
Cons: short breaks, understaffed, high-stress
On a typical day we had a constant flow of customers. Often times we would be understaffed and as a result, the kitchen would be overwhelmed and servers had to take on extra jobs. The management rarely scheduled enough people to operate smoothly, and played favorites. Co-workers were pleasant for the most part and made a stressful job more manageable. The most difficult part of this job was coping with the anger or displeasure of customers who weren't pleased with issues beyond your control such as the quality of the food, or the time it took the kitchen to produce it.
Fun workplace with competative pay.
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee), McDonough, GAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: half off meals and competative pay
Cons: no official breaks or health benefits
My typical day at work included arriving ten minutes early to work. I would wait in the office or in the back dock until my shift started. After punching in, I would immediately start washing dishes left from the previous shift. I learned to wash certain dishes in a form that would take less time. Management with the dishwashers was excelent. Our concerns and questions would be answered properly. Management helped us work as effecient as possible. Some of my co-workers were very hard workers who made working at Cheddar's an enjoyable experiance. The hardest part of the job included the late night shifts when large parties would come, and we would have to stay longer until they left for us to clean the dishes from the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the delicious food we recieved half off.
Typical American Restaurant: Fast-Paced and Busy Shifts
Server (Former Employee), Bedford, TexasOctober 18, 2014
Pros: half off meals
Cons: no breaks, no additional benefits, long hours on your feet and unreliable income.
The usual day as a shift lead, was to arrive an hour before opening and (with the help of two other shift-leads) prepare the restaurant for the morning crew and customers. This would include minor food preparation, the making of non-fountain beverages, the setup for the Expo (aka Quality Assurance) window. And other basic opening duties. Additionally Shift Leads were held accountable for running side work and were held responsible if other employees failed to carry out assigned roles.

This was my first time working in a management type position (Shift Lead). With this position came additional responsibilities.

Management usually consisted of one to two managers on the clock at all times. Managers were reliable, helpful, and always listened to what one had to say. They were some of the best managers I've had the pleasure of working with.

Sadly, as is typical in most restaurants, employee turnover is rather high and employee standards are rather low. An alarming percent of employees were lazy, irresponsible and in some cases rude. On an average day a couple were usually stoned or hungover. Employees that worked hard and treated the job with more respect were given shift lead positions.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and unhelpful coworkers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being a shift lead. After the morning rush, all waiters returned home while shift leads remained on the clock until the night crew replacements. This meant working with the best employees for 2-3 hours while also getting larger table sections then normal. Thus, this was also when one would make the most money.
Typical restaurant job...
Server (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 30, 2014
Nothing special. Regular old serving job, but you don't have to roll silverware!
Standstill
Hostess (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: badly managed
This job though I liked my coworkers was a job I do not wish to ever go back to. Most of the managers except for two would find reasons to get onto the enter team. Everything from just a small scuff on a shoe to what we wore outside of work was up for judgement. After being made fun of and yelled at for what I wore outside of this job I finally got tired of it. They also did not really care if I was truly injured by an on the job injury and fired me shortly after I got the medical release from my doctor.
Fun place to work and eat
SERVER/EXPO/HOSTESS (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: 50% off, free drinks throughout the shift, working with great people.
Cons: all these rules and only a few were really followed, a lot of servers didn't keep up with their side work or do their job correctly
I started working at Cheddar's as a server. I had waited tables before so the only hard part was learning the new menu and all the ingredients. I was eventually trained in the kitchen as an expo. The expo keeps track of ticket times, in the bridge between the servers and the cooks, garnishes plates with steak knives, sauce, parsley, ect. I was hurt in a car accident and they let me host since I couldn't use one of my arms. The management was always there to help. Sometimes, they were a little hard to find when needed. They did genuinely care about their employees and their guests. We were family.

1 2 3 4