CHEDDARS

CHEDDARS Employer Reviews

I love cheddars
Hostess (Former Employee), harker heightsJuly 23, 2014
I Loved it there id work there again but i need a set schedule, and a set pay. I needed more stability than tips. It was my first job and i loved it be prepared to stand the whole day.
Great pay but stressful
Busser (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: stress
Very stressful environment. Great talking to different people every day in the call center environment, but stress from customers hindered my enjoyment.
Dysfunctional Family
Server (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJune 27, 2014
When starting at Cheddar's, it was very hard to acclimate because the new servers are treated as the bottom of the ladder. As experience is gained and relations built, this becomes a fun place to work and the environment becomes that of a family. Favorites were shown but everybody was treated fairly.
Cheddars was a casual and a strong working environment that I enjoyed every day!
Server (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJune 16, 2014
I usually helped opening the restaurant, set everything up for the day, did running side-work as I took care of my guests, I had a lot of my guests come in and see more than once quite often and I called them my regulars. I always offered to close to earn extra cash and help out, I'm always working, never slacking around. I enjoy staying busy.
A productive and fun workplace with cheddars
Server (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2014
A typical day at cheddars for me would be going in with about a hour of down time until or dinner rush kicks in. I've learned how to deal with upset customers, and I've also learned to be patient. All of my manger an co-workers for the most part are pretty chill and down to earth people. The hardest part of the job would be the lunch rush , where you – more... have like six tables an every tables is full, and majority of your customers are asking you for something they need. The most enjoyable is seeing everybody smile – less
A Job that will teach everything that could be wrong with a Company
Busser (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 13, 2014
Pros: working with other employees
Cons: zero breaks. horrible management that starts with the general manner.
Management is horrible. Doesn't care about the employees. You are replaceable in their eyes. General Manager went out of the way to ensure you don't earn money. The General Manager actually said if tipshare is high, that is a reason to bring on more employees to lower how much tipshare employees are earning, not whether or not the job was being completed. – more... General Manager will not address issues you have, and will ignore anything that is negative. Will insult you to your face and in front of the rest of the staff. Scheduled requests don't matter. Management goes out of the way to ensure you don't average the 35 hours a week needed for a vacation. – less
Fun fast paced work enviroment
Waiter (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: very consistent work
Cons: long hours, always on your feet
• Developed the ability to think outside of the box when customer orders were brought out wrong.
• Exemplary customer service skills led to a continuing increase in sales and satisfied customers.
productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 2, 2014
Pros: half off lunches.
Cons: no breaks, only if i work a double.
just like a lot of restaurants; you serve everyone who sits down, and make them leave with a smile on their face. iv learned that we all have to work together to get anything done, and i cant get mad at the cooks, because they are working very hard in the back. Management, is okay, its not the best, but they just need to learn a little more about the – more... restaurant. the hardest part of my job was all the disrespect going on with all my co-workers. i loved my job, because i got to see everyone's face when they tasted our amazing food. i love when our guest leaves happy. – less
love the freedom
Server (Current Employee), Norman, OKMay 28, 2014
I absolutely love this job and environment. Management is amazing , I just want better pay, insurance and nights and weekends as well as holiday.
Great Co-Workers and Customers
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Waco,TxMay 28, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
A typical day would consist of greeting customers with a smile and providing excellent service by bringing out their food with condiments. Also maintaining a clean and safe dining environment. Serving drinks upon request and just having fun with co-workers and management to have a fun environment.
Good people /bad manangement
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 25, 2014
Pros: the food
Cons: bad management
Everything about the work place was fine still needed work because it was new. When I first started we were like a family except for the GM they had at the time. He had bad mamangement and didn't know how to talk to people. I would have stayed if he wasn't there
The perfect place to grow as an employee and as a person
Waiter (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMay 16, 2014
Pros: half off on the a meal for each day you worked
Cons: you can only get half off for just one shift and only 30 mins before or after your shift
Cheddars is a place that holds great customer service and great food for a very low price. As an ex Employee of this particular location, I've had really good times and very trying times, whether from A customer, fellow employee, or a manager. No matter the opponent its the perfect place to build character and strengthen your work ethic. Overall I'd – more... say they have a great team and a hard working staff. Do I think they have a few flaws? Yes. What business or workplace doesn't? – less
Hostest
Hostess (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 7, 2014
Meeting and greeting people all day. The atmosphere was amazing and busy.
fun energetic work place
Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 17, 2014
high volume place lots of workers to oversee lots of guest to satisfy love develoving strong leaders love making guest happy
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 14, 2014
Cheddars is a fun, kind and friendly work place. Cheddars is a good restaurant. Nice atmosphere and good food. Not exceptional but reasonably good and a large portion size compared to the price.
shift leader at a fast pase enviroment
waitress/ shift leader (Former Employee), Columbia moMarch 12, 2014
Cheddar was one of the best companys i have ever worked for, I left so i can take on a full time at home career and needed to get established.
Great Environment
Culinary Assistant (Current Employee), McAllen, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Although I just moved back home from graduating from college they quickly gave me a great opportunity. Although this is only a stepping stone until I find a career this job has a friendly environment but also a place that makes you work hard.
Fun environment with the servers.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: fifty percent off food
Cons: management did not have set rules or policies.
My work days were easy and smooth. Had a 3-4 table section and enjoyed the weekends because business picked up.
Laid back work environment
Hostess (Current Employee), Cypress, TXDecember 30, 2013
Friendly co-workers, nice management, always on feet.
I enjoyed the constant interaction with guests.
A very busy workplace
Host/Food runner Busser (Former Employee), Charlotte ncDecember 4, 2013
Pros: 10% off meals
Cons: unpredictable work schedule.
i operated the front of house. I made sure that all servers had equal amounts of tables and seated them according to restaurant volume. I also cleaned tables rolled silverware and organized restaurant to make it appealing for customers.

1 2 3 4

About CHEDDARS

Cheddar's is dedicated to serving quality products while treating our people, vendors and partners with absolute integrity. We – Read more