CHEDDARS

CHEDDARS Employee Reviews

cheddars
Hostess (Former Employee), Lubbock, TxJune 30, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: the pay
Cheddars is a friendly restaurant I liked the customers we would get, coworkers were fun, the management was not very good.
Attiude is everything and smiles go for miles!
General Manager (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 30, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: work / Life ballance
Fast paced environment with lots of traffic I gained a true understanding of what it means to care about people. I had a great time turning guests into friends.
Great place to work and meet people!
Manager (Current Employee), Forsyth IlJune 29, 2015
A day in management consists of overseeing roughly 40 workers daily. Food safety and sanitation practices are implemented and followed thoroughly in addition to taking care of guest concerns. The most difficult part of the job is making sure that every single employee is doing there job. What I enjoy most is the development process for each potential star that is hired. When we train employees in the proper way, it allows for guest to receive an unforgettable experience which is what maters most.
A learning experience
Cook (Former Employee), Flowood, MS.June 17, 2015
This was my first job as a cook. The most important thing I learned was to always be attentive and have a plan a and b. Also being able to pick up the slack when we are short handed was a valuable lesson along with being able to keep a cool head under pressure
Great place, but be willing to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: half off for food
Cons: hardly any breaks
Overall it was simple life for hostess, you need to remain positive and have tough skin. Co-workers can sometimes be brats but for the most part its acceptable. Hardest part was the pain on my feet the first few days, and sometimes it would get hot up front, and your schedule is never really set. However the food was great, and my managers were amazing
Productive, fast paced, pushing you to do better.
Busser/Dishwasher/Host (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 6, 2015
It was a great place to work. I learned to speak less and work more productively. They pushed me to be better, faster, more productive..not just as an employee but as a person,
Loved working in a very fast paced location
General Manager/ Manager (Former Employee), McAllen / Corpus ChristiJune 6, 2015
Pros: Scratch Kitchen
Cons: long hours
At Cheddars I really enjoyed the people the I worked with. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I did feel appreciated. My work days at Cheddars was always new, that is what makes the restaurant business very appealing to me. What I learned while at Cheddars is how to " chop wood " basically everything has a route cause and the way to fix any issue is to find it and solve it.

I found the most difficult thing about working at Cheddars was the long days at work. I would usually put in about 60 hours a week and there was times that it would get burnt out. But with in saying that the most enjoyable part for me was seeing a guest leave happy and return for more.
Fun place to work for a hard worker.
Bartender and Server (Former Employee), Webster, TXMay 31, 2015
Great place to work, food was cheap and served in large quantities. The atmosphere was unique and captured the attention and helped to provide a memorable dinning experience .
Wonderful family atmosphere
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 25, 2015
Very diverse group of people come all around to visit because of the different choices we sell. Managers are very well liked and pleased by everyone because they work together and have each other back. All of the coworkers get along and are willing to help each other whenever they need to without asking.
It was okay
Server (Former Employee), Camden, DEApril 1, 2015
It wasn't very busy that much so i never really made any money. The kitchen was slow and never got my food out on time. Wasn't a big fan of working there.
Productive and busy workplace
General Employee (Former Employee), London, KYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: half off lunch prices
Cons: short and unknowing times of breaks
A typical work day would consist of cleaning tables, spills, and floors as customers finished eating and left the restaurant. Here I was able to learn simple maintenance and cleaning regulations of over all guidelines. Management was very strict, possibly due to the fact it was a newer place. Loved my co-workers, very hard working a passionate people. Hardest part of the job was at the end of each day, the closing busser had to go back through the entire restaurant and re-clean each table. Most enjoyable part was using teamwork on bigger grouped tables.
Not an easy kitchen but it will make you better.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), St Petersburg Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: fun work enviroment, occsianal family meal
I spent Four years with this company and when I left because I was moving out of state I had tears in my eyes. We were a family in that kitchen. Management is quick to move you up the line if you show initiative and show you want to work.
The money you make is very good....
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), McAllen, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: your employee meals are 50% off
Cons: a very fast paced environment
the money is really good based on tips, however, it is very fast paced and you must be able to deal with difficult people. You must know how to remain calm because you will be put under a lot of pressure while working. if you can multitask and handle working there, you can make easy money
Entry Level Manager
Manager (Former Employee), El Paso TEXASJanuary 24, 2015
I worked with a great team at Cheddars and at the time is was family owned still. There were very longs days but I enjoyed the interaction with all the customer that had great experiences with their visit.
It was good in college
Front of house service, (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Decent money for a college kid...Did not really like working there but it was a job
always a good time
Waiter/Server (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: no breaks
love this place should have never left and wouldn't have if it weren't for better employment opportunity.
miss this place very much has a great staff and always enjoyed coming into work. I always wanted to be there.
learned most o my waitressing skills because of this place!
productive and fun work place.
Bus boy/ waiter (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: fast pace envirorment
Cons: i really can not tell u anything bad about this job.
Objective of being a busboy/waiter is to maintain store cleanliness, also to deliver
beverages at a fast pace also deliver orders at a fast pace. Also being proficient at taking
orders and cleaning duties; which includes cleaning tables, floors, mopping,sweeping,
cleaning bathrooms. Also making sure that the kitchen is clean.also greeting customers and
keeping customers happy at all times.
Very fast pace and great people
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: discounts on great food
Cons: small breaks, work schedule
I would say this would be my favorite place to tell any young person who wants something in cooking start here its fun you learn new things all the time and you learn how to interact with people awesome environment.
Management was good.
Host/Server (Former Employee), Smyrna, TennesseeJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: no breaks
Management was really the only thing that kept me at cheddars for so long.
Great atmosphere and enjoyed working there.
Fry Cook (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day starts by me coming in and preparing the product for the day. I interacted with co-workers on a daily basis. Overall great place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About CHEDDARS

Cheddar's is dedicated to serving quality products while treating our people, vendors and partners with absolute integrity. We – Read more

CHEDDARS Salaries