CHEDDARS

CHEDDARS Employee Reviews

Wonderful family atmosphere
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 25, 2015
Very diverse group of people come all around to visit because of the different choices we sell. Managers are very well liked and pleased by everyone because they work together and have each other back. All of the coworkers get along and are willing to help each other whenever they need to without asking.
It was okay
Server (Former Employee), Camden, DEApril 1, 2015
It wasn't very busy that much so i never really made any money. The kitchen was slow and never got my food out on time. Wasn't a big fan of working there.
Productive and busy workplace
General Employee (Former Employee), London, KYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: half off lunch prices
Cons: short and unknowing times of breaks
A typical work day would consist of cleaning tables, spills, and floors as customers finished eating and left the restaurant. Here I was able to learn simple maintenance and cleaning regulations of over all guidelines. Management was very strict, possibly due to the fact it was a newer place. Loved my co-workers, very hard working a passionate people. Hardest part of the job was at the end of each day, the closing busser had to go back through the entire restaurant and re-clean each table. Most enjoyable part was using teamwork on bigger grouped tables.
Not an easy kitchen but it will make you better.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), St Petersburg Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: fun work enviroment, occsianal family meal
I spent Four years with this company and when I left because I was moving out of state I had tears in my eyes. We were a family in that kitchen. Management is quick to move you up the line if you show initiative and show you want to work.
The money you make is very good....
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), McAllen, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: your employee meals are 50% off
Cons: a very fast paced environment
the money is really good based on tips, however, it is very fast paced and you must be able to deal with difficult people. You must know how to remain calm because you will be put under a lot of pressure while working. if you can multitask and handle working there, you can make easy money
Entry Level Manager
Manager (Former Employee), El Paso TEXASJanuary 24, 2015
I worked with a great team at Cheddars and at the time is was family owned still. There were very longs days but I enjoyed the interaction with all the customer that had great experiences with their visit.
It was good in college
Front of house service, (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Decent money for a college kid...Did not really like working there but it was a job
always a good time
Waiter/Server (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: no breaks
love this place should have never left and wouldn't have if it weren't for better employment opportunity.
miss this place very much has a great staff and always enjoyed coming into work. I always wanted to be there.
learned most o my waitressing skills because of this place!
productive and fun work place.
Bus boy/ waiter (Former Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: fast pace envirorment
Cons: i really can not tell u anything bad about this job.
Objective of being a busboy/waiter is to maintain store cleanliness, also to deliver
beverages at a fast pace also deliver orders at a fast pace. Also being proficient at taking
orders and cleaning duties; which includes cleaning tables, floors, mopping,sweeping,
cleaning bathrooms. Also making sure that the kitchen is clean.also greeting customers and
keeping customers happy at all times.
Very fast pace and great people
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: discounts on great food
Cons: small breaks, work schedule
I would say this would be my favorite place to tell any young person who wants something in cooking start here its fun you learn new things all the time and you learn how to interact with people awesome environment.
Management was good.
Host/Server (Former Employee), Smyrna, TennesseeJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: no breaks
Management was really the only thing that kept me at cheddars for so long.
Great atmosphere and enjoyed working there.
Fry Cook (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day starts by me coming in and preparing the product for the day. I interacted with co-workers on a daily basis. Overall great place to work.
learned about why teamwork is so important.
Waitress (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Going to work every day at Cheddars was hard work and long hours, but the financial outcome was beneficial. If you worked hard and wanted to be there to make the money, you got along with your fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the job is that working with a lot of unique and different kind of people, that worked different ways than you. Team work in a restaurant is crucial, and when you don't have that team it can get very difficult. I worked at the Cheddars here in Newport News, as well as, the one down in Brandon, Florida. The difference between the two places was the consistency of the everyday work flow and teamwork. You were able to see a dramatic change on how a restaurant is really supposed to run.
It was a great place to work
SERVER (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 6, 2015
it was very fast pace. always on your feet. your constantly moving. have to have great customer service skills. have to be able to take on 3 tables of customers at one time.
Cheedars overall
server (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: 1/2 lunch
Cons: healthcare, raises
Great place to wor meeting new people fast past environment. on weekends you have to have a great attitude weekdays its usually slow espiaclly not around lunch time. But overall i really enjoyed woring for this company. The management wasnt as great but i hung in there
owner was very rude
Busboy (Current Employee), Wellington, FLJanuary 3, 2015
the owner made it very uncomfortable to work, leading to several people quitting in the span of less than a month.
Just a place to get on my feet
Server (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2014
this was the first job i found in Dallas,
i just excepted the first thing i could get to take care of my family, looking for something with more advancement
Ok
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, MODecember 12, 2014
Wasn't too bad but people there aren't too fun to work with. Pay was good but the hours were so short and sporadic that it was hard to earn a lot.
ok job that had great people to work with and okay management.
Busser (Former Employee), Bedford, TXNovember 26, 2014
I would normally make continuous rounds through the restaurant and clean tables when applicable. There were several managers that were slow to respond when a situation arose. Only a few were good at their jobs. The co- workers were good at their jobs. The most enjoyable part were the other workers.
Great Work environment, Great service, I've loved working here.
Hostess (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: positive managment
Cons: unacceptable wage
I have obtained great experience from working as a hostess at cheddars. My mandatory duties required me to run tables, roll silverware, take to-go orders, bus tables, clean windows and highchairs; generally make sure customers are content and the establishment is clean.

1 2 3 4 5

About CHEDDARS

Cheddar's is dedicated to serving quality products while treating our people, vendors and partners with absolute integrity. We – Read more

CHEDDARS Salaries