CHEDDARS Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2015
I have been an employee there for almost three years, they are basically my family, I have learned so much from working there it teaches you so much about patience and how to handle different types of situations in the restaurant industry in a daily basis
Pros
Gains great customer service experience, patience, self control, hospitality experience
Cons
Cant control when the cooks makes a mistake, have to take every responsibility with your table
I enjoyed working with the general public
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 8, 2012
A typical day of work included preparing recipes and cooking for the public, I learned how to be a better cook and multitask, management was accommodating and supportive, my coworkers were supportive, the hardest part of the job was the long hours, and the most enjoyable part of the job was it was a family atmosphere.
Pros
managament was accomodating and supportive
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
very busy place.
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 11, 2012
A typical day at work for me was to get there about 30 minutes early, maybe eat, then i would get my work area cleaned and stock up on supplys. I learned to work with other better than before. If there was a problem that i had with another co-worker they would talk to them. The hardest part of the job was not getting behind when it started to get busy.
Pros
discount on food.
Cons
only get a break if you work morning and evening shift.
Low pay for long hours
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 17, 2013
A lack of clear policies and enforcement of rules makes it difficult to provide guests with above average service, you can make good money here if you are tenacious and able to handle high volumes of stress. Although it is fun to work with people who are easy going and passive, it doesn't run a good business in the end.
Pros
cash every shift, discounts on food.
Cons
no uniforms provided, strict dress code, poor equipment.
Great place, but be willing to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 10, 2015
Overall it was simple life for hostess, you need to remain positive and have tough skin. Co-workers can sometimes be brats but for the most part its acceptable. Hardest part was the pain on my feet the first few days, and sometimes it would get hot up front, and your schedule is never really set. However the food was great, and my managers were amazing
Pros
half off for food
Cons
hardly any breaks
Cheddars was a casual and a strong working environment that I enjoyed every day!
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 16, 2014
I usually helped opening the restaurant, set everything up for the day, did running side-work as I took care of my guests, I had a lot of my guests come in and see more than once quite often and I called them my regulars. I always offered to close to earn extra cash and help out, I'm always working, never slacking around. I enjoy staying busy.
Fun work place, awesome food
Server / Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 10, 2015
I absolutely loved being employed at Cheddars in Columbus, Ga. A typical day at work was easy going, day time or night time shifts. The management was awesome, they're easy to get a long with but even put their job first. My co-workers were awesome! My co-workers at Cheddars were the most helpful, and easiest human beings to bond and get alone with.
The money you make is very good....
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 9, 2015
the money is really good based on tips, however, it is very fast paced and you must be able to deal with difficult people. You must know how to remain calm because you will be put under a lot of pressure while working. if you can multitask and handle working there, you can make easy money
Pros
your employee meals are 50% off
Cons
a very fast paced environment
eh. okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Never a steady schedule, ask for more hours within your avaiability, and you are told to expand your availability, even though you cannot. There seems to be constant fighting, and gossip between the other employees, so much so that it seems everyone knows everything about everyone.
Pros
discounts
Cons
never a steady schedule, constant fighting/gossip between other employees
Great Work environment, Great service, I've loved working here.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2014
I have obtained great experience from working as a hostess at cheddars. My mandatory duties required me to run tables, roll silverware, take to-go orders, bus tables, clean windows and highchairs; generally make sure customers are content and the establishment is clean.
Pros
positive managment
Cons
unacceptable wage
Great Co-Workers and Customers
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Waco,TxMay 28, 2014
A typical day would consist of greeting customers with a smile and providing excellent service by bringing out their food with condiments. Also maintaining a clean and safe dining environment. Serving drinks upon request and just having fun with co-workers and management to have a fun environment.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Very busy and fun and exciting
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2013
We had 16 waiters on the floor daily. We all helped each other. I really enjoyed helping others especially the guest. I loved meeting new people every day. Our managers were very nice and helpful and understanding. I miss them all.
Pros
the food was great and we exercised our employee daily.
Cons
sometimes stressful if guest food is unsatisfactory
ok job that had great people to work with and okay management.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXNovember 26, 2014
I would normally make continuous rounds through the restaurant and clean tables when applicable. There were several managers that were slow to respond when a situation arose. Only a few were good at their jobs. The co- workers were good at their jobs. The most enjoyable part were the other workers.
fun work place
LEAD BARTENDER/ SERVER (Former Employee) –  jacksonville ncAugust 7, 2015
I was the lead bartender and i have learned how to interact with people and learn many different ways of garnishing and making drinks. I got alone with all co-workers but did not like when the customers were dissatisfied. I love meeting new faces at the bar and making my customers happy.
Pros
learning new style of mixing drinks
Wonderful family atmosphere
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 25, 2015
Very diverse group of people come all around to visit because of the different choices we sell. Managers are very well liked and pleased by everyone because they work together and have each other back. All of the coworkers get along and are willing to help each other whenever they need to without asking.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  jonesboro,arJanuary 3, 2013
The management team at cheddars are some of the best people to work for. I handled all clerical duties like schedules, letters, faxes etc. I learned alot about the business and was introduced to payroll and its functions. The hardest part of the job were the hours. The most enjoyable part was the people
Pros
food
Cons
hours
Overall, a great job.
Server (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 22, 2014
I had a great time working at Cheddar. I loved meeting new customers daily and i loved my coworkers and managers. Everything was great. The hardest part of my job was dealing with very rude customers in those moment, I was under the protection of my helpful and caring managers.
Pros
great working enviorment
Cons
very fast paced
I bused tables, rolled Silverware, cleaned floors, and cleaned tables.
Busser (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 5, 2016
I've been trying to get more hours at Cheedars and was getting a lot of empty approvals. Apparently they've done this to others as well and saying the same thing. So I've decided to look for other jobs. I've been working for Cheedars for three months and I have got nowhere.
Dysfunctional Family
Server (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 27, 2014
When starting at Cheddar's, it was very hard to acclimate because the new servers are treated as the bottom of the ladder. As experience is gained and relations built, this becomes a fun place to work and the environment becomes that of a family. Favorites were shown but everybody was treated fairly.
Not an easy kitchen but it will make you better.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2015
I spent Four years with this company and when I left because I was moving out of state I had tears in my eyes. We were a family in that kitchen. Management is quick to move you up the line if you show initiative and show you want to work.
Pros
fun work enviroment, occsianal family meal