CHEDDARS

CHEDDARS Employer Reviews

fun energetic work place
Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 17, 2014
high volume place lots of workers to oversee lots of guest to satisfy love develoving strong leaders love making guest happy
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 14, 2014
Cheddars is a fun, kind and friendly work place. Cheddars is a good restaurant. Nice atmosphere and good food. Not exceptional but reasonably good and a large portion size compared to the price.
shift leader at a fast pase enviroment
waitress/ shift leader (Former Employee), Columbia moMarch 12, 2014
Cheddar was one of the best companys i have ever worked for, I left so i can take on a full time at home career and needed to get established.
Great Environment
Culinary Assistant (Current Employee), McAllen, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Although I just moved back home from graduating from college they quickly gave me a great opportunity. Although this is only a stepping stone until I find a career this job has a friendly environment but also a place that makes you work hard.
Fun environment with the servers.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: fifty percent off food
Cons: management did not have set rules or policies.
My work days were easy and smooth. Had a 3-4 table section and enjoyed the weekends because business picked up.
Laid back work environment
Hostess (Current Employee), Cypress, TXDecember 30, 2013
Friendly co-workers, nice management, always on feet.
I enjoyed the constant interaction with guests.
A very busy workplace
Host/Food runner Busser (Former Employee), Charlotte ncDecember 4, 2013
Pros: 10% off meals
Cons: unpredictable work schedule.
i operated the front of house. I made sure that all servers had equal amounts of tables and seated them according to restaurant volume. I also cleaned tables rolled silverware and organized restaurant to make it appealing for customers.
Works great with school schedules
Server (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2013
awesome place, earned my first living there, payed bills,and works great with school schedules
VERY BUSY AND FUN AND EXCITING
Waiter (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 13, 2013
Pros: the food was great and we exercised our employee daily.
Cons: sometimes stressful if guest food is unsatisfactory
WE HAD 16 WAITERS ON THE FLOOR DAILY. WE ALL HELPED EACH OTHER. I REALLY ENJOYED HELPING OTHERS ESPECIALLY THE GUEST. I LOVED MEETING NEW PEOPLE EVERY DAY. OUR MANAGERS WERE VERY NICE AND HELPFUL AND UNDERSTANDING. I MISS THEM ALL.
waitress
Wait staff (Former Employee), texasOctober 17, 2013
Your income can be very to much, you are mainly on tips. the hourly wage is 2.13. being able to interact with customers is always a highlight
Hard
Hostess (Former Employee), Newport News, VAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: tips
Cons: no benefits
People believe that a hostess has the easiest job. We don't we are the first thing people see and sometimes thats good sometimes not so good. Work life there was very stressful. I can handle stress easily but this was over whelming. Stress doesn't bother me until I worked here I worked 4 jobs I was in sports and I maintained an A average in school so – more... stress doesn't bother me, but here it became to much so I left.
I did not want to leave my co-workers they became my family. We all got along very well, and being the youngest hostess everyone helped me out and now that I am older I am happy they helped me because I would not have grown as well as I have without them.
Management was ok, not the best by no means. My general manager at the time was an angel he helped everyone out a lot unlike most managers. If you had a problem you went to him and he fixed in. – less
Fast paced
Fry Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee), Erie, PAOctober 9, 2013
Fast paced always busy, a lot of friendly people. They will let you advance in their restaurant if you ask.
newest job in my city with good managers
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Columbia, MOSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no healthcare
typical dy at work begins with clocking in and getting to work station. i learned how to properly wash dishes. my managers there was excellent and listened to any problems or issues that you had towards any other co workers or any issues you had at the job.co workers all worked great and was as a solid team effort.the hardest part of the job was the – more... end of the shift which took over an hour to complete to the likings of your managers. enjoyable part ws getting to know the people you worked around. – less
Negative,non professional
Server (Former Employee), flowood,msSeptember 22, 2013
Everything about this job was very negative, and being such a positive, bubbly person. i couldnt see myself working in this type of environment at all.
good work place
Server (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: ok
Cons: didn't value employee
I was pleased to work in the work place and get more expirernce in serving tables
Nice place
Server (Current Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 11, 2013
It was a great place to work...The managers could have managed the place better
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess & Waitress (Former Employee), Harker Heights, TexasAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free drinks, half off meals
Cons: short breaks, no health benefits
Everyday is almost just like every other day. The guests just makes it exciting. I like meeting new people including new co-workers. I learn to deal with different kinds of personality that surrounds me everyday at work. The managers are always there for me and fellow teammates. Managers are very well understanding, very helpful, they're always checking – more... on how we are doing and how our guests are doing, they always held group meetings when things needs to be said and done, they communicate well and work well under pressure or when we get full house. My co-workers are very helpful. ex, when I'm serving five tables and I'm behind; My co-workers would ask if I need help. The hardest part of the day is when I am serving a party of twenty and two extra tables of other guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is making my guests walk out with a big satisfaction and a full tummy. – less
Ok job
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 25, 2013
It was a cool place to work. The managers are a little hard on the employes.
fun work place
Restaurant Server (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 20, 2013
i am a hard worker looking for a better job. i was working as a server.
Great food with great servers.
Host (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2013
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: no breaks no free food
Long hours, but the schedule is flexible and they work with you. Learned to deal with costumers and improved communication skills. Managed where people sat and made sure the other host were doing what they were supposed to.

About CHEDDARS

Cheddar's is dedicated to serving quality products while treating our people, vendors and partners with absolute integrity. We – Read more