CHEDDARS Employee Reviews

Management was good.
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TennesseeJanuary 13, 2015
Management was really the only thing that kept me at cheddars for so long.
Pros
management
Cons
no breaks
Great atmosphere and enjoyed working there.
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day starts by me coming in and preparing the product for the day. I interacted with co-workers on a daily basis. Overall great place to work.
learned about why teamwork is so important.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Going to work every day at Cheddars was hard work and long hours, but the financial outcome was beneficial. If you worked hard and wanted to be there to make the money, you got along with your fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the job is that working with a lot of unique and different kind of people, that worked different ways than you. Team work in a restaurant is crucial, and when you don't have that team it can get very difficult. I worked at the Cheddars here in Newport News, as well as, the one down in Brandon, Florida. The difference between the two places was the consistency of the everyday work flow and teamwork. You were able to see a dramatic change on how a restaurant is really supposed to run.
It was a great place to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 6, 2015
it was very fast pace. always on your feet. your constantly moving. have to have great customer service skills. have to be able to take on 3 tables of customers at one time.
Cheedars overall
server (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 5, 2015
Great place to wor meeting new people fast past environment. on weekends you have to have a great attitude weekdays its usually slow espiaclly not around lunch time. But overall i really enjoyed woring for this company. The management wasnt as great but i hung in there
Pros
1/2 lunch
Cons
healthcare, raises
owner was very rude
Busboy (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 3, 2015
the owner made it very uncomfortable to work, leading to several people quitting in the span of less than a month.
Just a place to get on my feet
Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2014
this was the first job i found in Dallas,
i just excepted the first thing i could get to take care of my family, looking for something with more advancement
Ok
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 12, 2014
Wasn't too bad but people there aren't too fun to work with. Pay was good but the hours were so short and sporadic that it was hard to earn a lot.
ok job that had great people to work with and okay management.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXNovember 26, 2014
I would normally make continuous rounds through the restaurant and clean tables when applicable. There were several managers that were slow to respond when a situation arose. Only a few were good at their jobs. The co- workers were good at their jobs. The most enjoyable part were the other workers.
Great Work environment, Great service, I've loved working here.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2014
I have obtained great experience from working as a hostess at cheddars. My mandatory duties required me to run tables, roll silverware, take to-go orders, bus tables, clean windows and highchairs; generally make sure customers are content and the establishment is clean.
Pros
positive managment
Cons
unacceptable wage
chaos
Server / Hostess (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2014
nothing was ever organized, the managers were always talking smack about the company. They did not file my 2 weeks right. I tried to return to work for the company to make some extra cash and it did not go over well.
i like the people
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 28, 2014
Cheddars is a very busy restaurant. The people are very nice but the money is not there.
Inefficient Workplace and Hostile Environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 6, 2014
Management is behind on current business trends. Employees are unhappy and restaurant runs very inefficiently.
Overall, a great job.
Server (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 22, 2014
I had a great time working at Cheddar. I loved meeting new customers daily and i loved my coworkers and managers. Everything was great. The hardest part of my job was dealing with very rude customers in those moment, I was under the protection of my helpful and caring managers.
Pros
great working enviorment
Cons
very fast paced
I love cheddars
Hostess (Former Employee) –  harker heightsJuly 23, 2014
I Loved it there id work there again but i need a set schedule, and a set pay. I needed more stability than tips. It was my first job and i loved it be prepared to stand the whole day.
Great pay but stressful
Busser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 15, 2014
Very stressful environment. Great talking to different people every day in the call center environment, but stress from customers hindered my enjoyment.
Pros
pay
Cons
stress
Wornderful Atmosphere
Busser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis InJuly 14, 2014
I had fun at work the atmosphere and different people i met.
Bosses were easy tio talk to and were very understanding.
It was so many different ethnicity and personality's i loved meeting new people and my co workers
Pros
50% discount on foods
Cons
not being able to eat inside the restraunt on break
Dysfunctional Family
Server (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 27, 2014
When starting at Cheddar's, it was very hard to acclimate because the new servers are treated as the bottom of the ladder. As experience is gained and relations built, this becomes a fun place to work and the environment becomes that of a family. Favorites were shown but everybody was treated fairly.
Cheddars was a casual and a strong working environment that I enjoyed every day!
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 16, 2014
I usually helped opening the restaurant, set everything up for the day, did running side-work as I took care of my guests, I had a lot of my guests come in and see more than once quite often and I called them my regulars. I always offered to close to earn extra cash and help out, I'm always working, never slacking around. I enjoy staying busy.
A productive and fun workplace with cheddars
Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2014
A typical day at cheddars for me would be going in with about a hour of down time until or dinner rush kicks in. I've learned how to deal with upset customers, and I've also learned to be patient. All of my manger an co-workers for the most part are pretty chill and down to earth people. The hardest part of the job would be the lunch rush , where you have like six tables an every tables is full, and majority of your customers are asking you for something they need. The most enjoyable is seeing everybody smile