Cheeseman Transport Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Cheeseman is a great company to work for and to have a career
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 17, 2017
Cheeseman offers competitive pay with steady work. I enjoy the family focused atmosphere that Cheeseman offers. My co-workers are all professional and pleasant to work with. If I had a complaint with Cheeseman the only thing I can think of is that it is not suitable for a person with a young family who wants to provide yet be home daily with the loved ones to enjoy the precious moments that are too short. Unfortunately, Cheeseman is based out of Ohio and in the Southeast there are few local positions that pay enough to support a family in today's economy. I enjoy working with Cheeseman but it is not what I am seeking at this point in my life.
Pros
Great Pay, Great people, Great customers.
Cons
Not for someone who has a young family.The benefits are also not suitable.
Best Job I have ever had
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ft. Recovery, OHMarch 26, 2017
Only trucking company I know where you can spend your weekends at home consistently. Best pay in the industry. Dispatch works with you to make life on the eoad as easy as possible. I love working here.
Pros
Great Equipment, Pay, Hometime
Keep Looking
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHAugust 16, 2016
If you want to work 60 hours a week and not be compensated for it then this is your place, You can't decipher how you get paid and management is the worst. I would not recommend this job to anyone, you can get a job anywhere for 15 bucks an hour and make more so good luck.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
management and pay
Dock worker/yard dog in training
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHJanuary 1, 2016
Great place to work great management family oriented a lot of room for people to move up in the company. I'm a dock worker training to be a yard dog then once turn 21 start training to become a truck driver, everyone knows you by your name. The owner still gets out there and hauls some loads. Real nice guy best company I've ever worked for good benefits. I've been here for 4 month my dad has been a driver there for 13 years. The dock is very cold in the winter and hot in the summer so it's not for everone
Pros
Family oriented, management and alot more
Bad place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  duncanJune 30, 2015
Once a decent place but not any more. Don't be fooled by their pay and hometime. Management is crazy bad. Duncan dispatch is downright terrible. High turnover.
Pros
equipment
Cons
everything else
They are a real different company that I ever worked with before
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHOctober 3, 2014
Dispatchers are knowledgeable and easy to work with.Overall all positions of management are easily approachable.
Pros
allowing me to expand my work with other types of trailers.
Cons
Maintenance manager is lacking a bit, may be overwhelmed.With a fleet of Pro-Star trucks due to Max-Force engine problems
Fun Workplace
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHApril 24, 2014
the week began with me picking up a load in East Windsor Ct and driving it to Ohio and the pick up one down there and bring it back
Pros
Brand new truck
Cons
hamering down forklifts
enjoyable place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Loramie, OHFebruary 25, 2014
delivering loads ontime, learning how to plan routes with hazmat material, management was good,
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
having to drive into new york city
A very small terminal
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  OHNovember 22, 2012
i work hard for this company the company very in oh i ENJOY DRIVING TRUCKS THE JOB WOULD BE EASIER IF THEY HAD BETTER MANAGEMENT.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheeseman Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9