Chegg Employee Reviews in United States

Steady schedule and full time. Diverse group as well.
Student Advocate/ Clerical (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 26, 2016
There was four application processes as a temporary position which was interesting. Working in telecommunications for the first time was an eye opening experience. I was able to get promoted to chat and do instant messaging full time with a small pay increase. An early set schedule as well which was beneficial financially.
Pros
Set schedule, steady raises.
Cons
Temporary position and looking at a computer screen for 8 hours straight.
Interactive and fun job experience.
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  OnlineAugust 15, 2016
I learned more about how to work with and teach people who may be having difficulties with certain subject matter. This job has really helped me to hone my problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Can work any time and well developed system
Tutor for undergraduate/high school classes (Current Employee) –  OnlineJune 6, 2016
The system requires students to post a question on the board, and the first tutor to respond earns the chance to answer his question.
Chegg
Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2016
- Typical work day: load/unload deliveries, sort, pick/pack
- Management/Co-workers: enjoyable place to work with fun environment, management was always there to help employees
- Hardest part of the job: Getting into a routine, but once routine was figured out, everything was good.
- Most enjoyable part of the job: Working in a fun environment
Good Place To Work
Senior Software Engineer, Tools (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 19, 2016
Great Culture
Good Work life balance
Supporting Managers
Free Food
Average Technical work, depend upon the team
Overall it's good company to work For.
Its decent
Stager/Picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2016
Didnt really care for the environment. First day was ok, but after a while of silence and no one talking, it became really bad.
everyone was friendly, my supervisor was one of the best. he really took time to explain everything and was always there to help or just to talk to.
picker/ stock (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, Ky.August 6, 2015
CHEGG is a nice place to work, friendly, but hardly anyone gets hired permanently. They said it was because it is seasonal and they only needed a few full time people because during off season, there are only the leaders and two or three supervisors. they didn't get 40 hrs. a week then, not enough work.
Pros
i found it to be an easy job, not hard to do, just a lot of fast walking.
Cons
it is only seasonal, not full time.
Ok
Warehouse Team Lead (Former Employee) –  KYOctober 19, 2015
I was a team leader here a chegg, very good place to work. Only thing bad was when schools wasn't in session the work would slow down extremely a lot. After all it were a good place to work peaceful and quiet.
walk up to 10 miles a shift restock books and pull orders
picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 7, 2015
walk up to 10 miles a shift restock books and pull orders work long hours walking for the 10-12 hour shift was no order no management
Pros
got a chech
Very good learning experience
shipper (Former Employee) –  Shepardsville KYAugust 26, 2015
The job was not hard, but more boring. I was not mentally challenged. I did not have a bad experience, but knowing that it was only a temporary position I felt a lack of motivation. I would have also preferred a cooler climate.
Great Company and Friendly Employees
Operations Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheperdsville, KYSeptember 10, 2013
My day would start off projecting how many orders will have to be shipped out and how much product is coming in. Once that is decided, then I would need to place employees accordingly to where I would need them to meet the deadlines of the shipments. My co-workers were great, they knew what had to be done and always knew they had to do whatever it took to get the job done. The biggest thing I have learned while working at Chegg is that "never ask anyone to do anything that you aren't willing to do yourself". I enjoyed going to work everyday, it was an atmosphere where everyone was happy to be there.
Free lunches sometimes
shipper (Current Employee) –  shephardsville,kyApril 3, 2012
I have worked for this company on and off for a year, they have lay-offs until the peak season returns. I liked working here at first, but then after i had worked there for awhile. I began to notice that they hire untrained leads and alot of employees that have drug issues, including the supervisors and leads. They advance people that do not deserve it and that are not trained to do the job that they are supposed to do.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad supervisors, drugs on the property
Very first start up
Technical Writer/ Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 13, 2012
Learned a lot of very valuable lessons working for Chegg, including the work ethic for start up communities, the importance of creativity and voicing your opinions.

My coworkers became family and so work, though stressful in certain periods, was more like a second home.
Pros
free lunches, awesome benefits, great culture
Cons
management style, lack of communication
Not a good place to work.
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2013
Not wanting to be there.
I have not learned anything at Chegg. I walked in on my first day and knew how to do most of the jobs do to previous warehouse work.
Unprofessional and favoritism. Leads, Supervisors, and management will talk down to you and, get a attitude with you.
My co-workers are the only perks to the job.
Hardest part of the is the stress of the job and upper positions.
Warehouse job
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 18, 2015
receiving books and inspecting them
learned how to use different machines
hardest part: standing on your feet for long shifts
enjoyable: payrate
Pros
break times, payrate
Cons
how long the shifts were, standing on your feet for that long
Great Culture and Values
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 28, 2012
This is a great company to work for with a great product. Everyone works well together as management doesn't just hire smart people but people that fit the culture. Work is pretty flexible; however, as most start ups you work a lot!
Pros
fre lunches, 100% paid for employee health insurance
Productive and Fun Place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 16, 2014
Everyday is a learning experience. Especially in the field of Human resources. There are a wide range of full time and temporary employee issues that all need to be handled in a unique way. This job had afforded me the opportunity to learn and grow within my field.
Great Placem Fun to work, Flexible
Backend Engineer (Senior Java Contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 18, 2014
Great place to work, enjoyed, balanced and flexible, enjoyed working here
Pros
great placem fun to work, flexible
Cons
great placem fun to work, flexible
Warehouse Associate / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYOctober 3, 2014
Great place to work. Fun friendly work environment the biggest problem is you come in as a temp and you may or may not get hired after you work 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
I did everything
Floater (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYNovember 16, 2013
I'd go in and one day i could be picking books, the next i could be shipping books, and the next or same i could be shelving or relocating books.
Pros
i got paid good
Cons
they didn't understand many things w/ medical conditions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chegg. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8