Chegg Employee Reviews

Very flexible work hours
Chegg tutor (Current Employee) –  VirtualApril 27, 2017
Chegg is a fun place to work for; the pay is outstanding and we can work any hours we want to, which makes for great work/life balance. In addition, there are opportunities to make even more money for special tutoring assignments.
Great work for tutors
Advanced Physics and Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 27, 2017
Advanced Physics and Mathematics Tutor February 2015 – January 2016
Chegg Inc., Santa Clara, CA
 Communicated physics and math concepts to hundreds of high school and colleges students.
 Prepared oral and written lessons along with tutoring schedules for tutees.
 Developed teaching videos and presentations.
Great place to work and have fun.
Java J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 20, 2017
Pros
1) Scope of company means you can do many things - lots of opportunity to learn new skills, if you're willing to relocate and learn.
2) Interesting work and a variety of people and cultures
3) Good benefits
4) Cutting-edge technology
Cons
1) Direction at the top of the company is poor. Not much confidence in the top execs.
2) Too much focus on cost-side of the equation, a result of poor revenues for many quarters.
3) Shoemakers children with technology for employees - i.e., 4-year cycle for laptop replacement, not a lot of interval.
Advice to Management
1) Apply reasonable rules for co-location - if you support a global team, does it matter where you work?
2) Minimize the cost-cutting, especially of good people. At some point it has to stop. It's a terrible morale hit.
This place just sucked
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYApril 17, 2017
If you wanted to be treated as a robot, look no further! Leads would yell at you if you wasn't doing your job right at all. It was temporary positions
Pros
Cons
Leads was terrible
Could be better
Director, Business Operations and Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 9, 2017
Chegg has issues at its upper level of management, with executives that don't get along.

Favoritism and nepotism are also quite commonplace. There are talented people at the more junior levels, but things break down in upper management.
Pros
Free lunches
warehouse environment
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 8, 2017
If you feel at home picking, packing and sorting, this place is for you. relatively friendly work environment lots of community spirit. otherwise you workday will be completely miserable
Great place for a side job
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMarch 15, 2017
You get a chance to work with college students with different backgrounds and levels. Great place to work on customer relations and active listening skills.
Pros
set your own hours, pay is decent for a side job
Cons
some days work is slow
Engaging Opportunty
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 10, 2017
As an easy opportunity to make money, going into Chegg as a student research assistant for short periods of time was very pleasing. The people I worked with were very nice.
Very easy work
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 1, 2017
They are a good job to have.. the work is very easy not always constant but it's a good job.. productive at times and they have good management
Chegg Greatness
Business Analyst, Career Services (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 30, 2017
If you want to work at the place with the best people Chegg is the place for you. The culture is top of the Valley and keeps the people closer, even cross functionally. Even through the ups and downs with the company everyone gets along and hiring quality people who will get along is the highest priority. There may be sexier places to work or more cutting edge technology but no place solves more important problems, student needs, and does it with more passion than Chegg.
Pros
Free lunch, great people, important mission.
Cons
Ladder
Work from home on your computer
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 22, 2017
The tutoring has been rather interesting for me as a tutor. When you start off it is rather cutthroat trying to land clients. However, after you get a few clients you will more than likely get repeat clientele. I've been working with one particular student for a little over a year now and helping her learn in the majority of her classes.

This has required me to learn things that may not necessarily have been in my current college experience and to expand my net of knowledge beyond my degree. Overall, it has been useful, though at times a bit stressful.

I usually work 5-7 hours a week (which is not enough) with a moderate to high stress level. I have not had much interaction with the management, but I do always get paid on time.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Stress and clients who require tutoring in subjects you don't tutor
Great Company
Regional Director, Enrollment Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2017
Great company with great benefits, but since it's a public company everything is about the shareholders (as expected). Loved my time here and wish I could've worked here forever
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Autonomy
Cons
Lots of cooks in kitchen on leadership team
convenient
Tutor (Current Employee) –  onlineJanuary 11, 2017
It is a waiting job. As a tutor, you need to wait for a student to demand you tutoring service, unfortunately, students are not demanding of tutors in specific areas.
good job
finance professional (Current Employee) –  work from homeDecember 17, 2016
good work life balance as work from home
great opportunity to make money
lots to learn from this job

totally related to project solving of students in USA
in relation to finance and economics
Pros
good work
Cons
tutor job
Work from home when you want
Tutor (Current Employee) –  homeDecember 3, 2016
It's easy going, you choose when to take tutoring opportunities and only log on when you want to. There are no hour requirements.
Fun environment
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2016
Daily meetings
Fun and young people in upper level positions
Very stressful sales quota demands
Learned how to become a successful salesman
Pros
Fun, young, progressive
Cons
Job security
Dry work
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 15, 2016
Your typical warehouse job, very bland work. They do feed you, but some times they expect more work than is physically possible.
Interactive and fun job experience.
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  OnlineAugust 15, 2016
I learned more about how to work with and teach people who may be having difficulties with certain subject matter. This job has really helped me to hone my problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Too much favoritism
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 5, 2016
Employees at the Shepherdsville location were not treated fairly, speaking for myself and how I saw others treated. Management was not professional at most times, demonstrated picks and made others feel inadequate. Down talking and belittling to temps. The job itself was very satisfying but hard to deal with the bigotry. Complains should have been looked into more by head of company to determine exactly who needed to be replaced. lost a lot of excellent workers due to unprofessionalism.
Pros
fast paced and rewarding
Cons
management too fical
productive but wont be able to find fixed salary
Managed Network Expert (Current Employee) –  work from homeJune 28, 2016
working in Chegg India private limited is really nice but the hard part is mine is work from home basis in this there wont be any particular salary how much solutions we provide will make our payment, sometime there wont be any assignment we have to wait for long this is the reason i want to look another job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chegg. Our community is ready to answer.