Chemeketa Community College Employee Reviews

good place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 25, 2017
Any job at Chemeketa is not only a learning experience, but can be fun too. The most enjoyable part of this job was the satisfaction I got out of my students' success. I made life-long friends through the Federal Work Study Program jobs that I did, and I helped people succeed.
tuttor
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 13, 2017
I helped students get a more understanding of their homework. I helped them learn grammar rules and how to pronounce word. The hardest part is being patient.
productive workplace with many opportunities for growth
Paramedic Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 11, 2017
A wonderful place to work for many years. Stressful and busy but very rewarding also. I retired after 24 years of employment.
I typically worked 9 - 11 hours, and then almost always took home papers to grade, which meant at least two more hours of work in the evening.
I learned a great deal about interpersonal communications, differences in culture, values and expectations. Success in the field of emergency services requires a strong sense of teamwork, honesty, ethics, and a sense of humor. Being humble and a belief in a higher power are valuable assets in this career. All of those qualities were reinforced during my career at Chemeketa. The hardest - and most rewarding part of the job was helping the students to be successful.
Pros
good benefits, generally good leadership, support for personal growth.
Cons
not enough staff for the workload.
I like
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 10, 2017
I think that it's a great place to work. Fast paced never gets boring and you get to work with the public. I love it a lot! Plus you get tips and free schooling.
Working in Corrections
Student Service Specialist/ Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 19, 2017
Working in the Corrections Education department can pose challenges you will not find in the rest of the college. Working with men who are still in prison or have been recently released can pose a type of stress not generally found in the college atmosphere. The program I worked for at the college was a third party program so there were 4 separate agencies that were working together to achieve the goal of assisting these men. At times the stress created from the agencies not seeing eye-to-eye were difficult. The BEST thing about this job is the positive change that I have been able to affect in the lives of these men. Assisting them in creating positive change, getting back into the lives of their families/children, it is the best.
Pros
the positive affect on people's lives.
Cons
stress
Great place to start for first time employees
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 25, 2017
It was a nice experience to learn something new and to meet new people. Just like anywhere you work at, there are great people to work with and not so great, but over all, it was a good environment to start learning a new trade and to get your talents improved.
Pros
It's a good place to get refrences.
Cons
There are no health and dental benifits.
Baseball Strength and Conditioning
Baseball strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 18, 2017
Typically I would meet the team at the field around 12pm we would go through our warm ups and abilities, once the players were warmed up, we would split off into 2 groups. I would take one group to the weight room and go through our daily position specific workouts.After the first group was done, which was usually pitchers only, the position players would come in and we would go through their workouts and then after an hour we would meet back up with the team for the remainder of practice. During games, I would help out the pitchers in the bullpen to ensure each pitcher was ready to go into the game when called upon. The hardest part was dealing with inclement weather in Oregon and Washington. It was difficult to keep players warm to avoid injury. The most enjoyable part of the the job was the respect earned from the players.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Cold weather
Friendly place to work
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 22, 2017
Working at the Yamhill campus library as a student was a highlight of my experience at the school. The library staff were amazing and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with fellow students. I'll miss you Chemeketa! I belong!!!
Great start...
Office Assistant i & ii (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 28, 2017
It's a good place to start if you have never worked before. For working at Chemeketa, I received credits for school. Not sure if they're still doing that offer, but worth looking into.
Pros
They work around your schedule
Cons
no real job advancements there
Great place to work.
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 29, 2017
High job satisfaction for those that wish to help others. Not the best pay or security for entry-level, but may be different for middle and upper-levels.
Pros
Equitable and diverse
Cons
Regimentated

Want to know more about Chemeketa Community College?

Ask a question
Diverse
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 23, 2017
A lot of diversity in the workplace, fun people to work with. CCC does a good job with employee functions to build morale and team building. Managers appear under qualified and nobody monitors them and keeps them in check.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Pay is low
Awesome College-Chemeketa
Tutor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 2, 2017
Chemeketa is a great place to study and work. I love the work environment as well as the student environment as well. Overall, Chemeketa is a great college.
Pros
It has great professors
Cons
The cafeteria
Fun to help ASL Students
Mentor Oregon (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 24, 2017
Great place to work in Tutor center where I can help ASL students who struggle with Sign language after classes. It is very enjoyable part of the job, I learned to be patience, communicate, and works well with any students
Pros
friendly place, nice co-workers, time schedule fleixable
Cons
no full time job for students
Working in and educational environment very rewarding
Lab Technician & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 13, 2017
Working as a lab technician on the repair of all electronic equipment on campus, and then teaching students on cooperative work experience, challenging, but rewarding. Having the opportunity to then teach students at night classes in an electronics lab, also very rewarding.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Low pay
Awesome place for a job.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 3, 2017
Chemeketa has a lot of great jobs on campus. Once you get one it is easy to learn about your job. Chemeketa has a lot of benefits to working there. Such as free food at times and working with student schedules.
Good Learning Experience and General Labor Knowledge
Facilities Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 9, 2017
Working for Chemeketa Community College was a great learning experience when it comes to general labor and becoming a maintenance technician. I learned new skills regarding grounds maintenance, carpentry skills, building maintenance, etc.
setting up lighting and sound booth
Auditorium Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 21, 2016
setting up for events, stage assemble and disassemble, proper lighting techniques, great co-workers, hardest part at times was lighting on the catwalks. met new and outgoing people
Pros
always meting new people
Cons
down times not so good
working with students was great
Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 8, 2016
Rewarding in that you can make a difference in people lives.Co-workers are friendly and helpful.The hardest part of working there is putting up with the politics.
its a college
Student (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 17, 2016
typical college with all the usual programs of study. the teachers are great and very understanding just dont expect to do well if you skip a lot of classes
Positive work envionment
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  GreenhouseApril 15, 2016
A typical day consists of weeding, watering plants and helping the greenhouse staff with projects.
I lean about the different plants I water and what weeds need to be pulled.
For me the most enjoyable part of volunteering at the greenhouse is that I know that I'm helping out a friend with the work that needs to be done.