Chemical Bank Employee Reviews

Work place at Chemical Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day at work determined on what day of the month it was or what day of the week, usually very constant working pace. I learned lots about the different areas in the banking industry, along with learning how to control my own finances. The management in the Saginaw branches is very excellent and are very welcoming. The hardest part of the job was learning the many skills a teller needs at the beginning, but it got easier the longer I practiced them. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was my co-workers, they made coming to work an easy thing to do.
Loved the people i work with
Secondary Market Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIFebruary 5, 2018
I love the interaction with the loan officers. I am their go to person for their loans. Loved by most all I work with, except my new bosses :(

the first 3 years working there I was moving up in the company. My managers loved me, came to me for their projects, was looked up to and followed by the rest of my team.

The bank merged with another bank and even though it was Chemical Bank their Mortgage department was larger so we conformed to their practices. Completely changed the culture of what I did daily and the bank's mentality. My managers went from 20 feet from my office to 3hours from me. Went from respected and valued to just another guy on the team :(
Pros
great group of people to work with
Cons
management is 3hours away
Overall good compensation package
Closing Coordinator/Post Closing (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJanuary 30, 2018
Chemical Bank cares about it's employees and their benefit package was very good. They care about life/work balance and though we worked hard we also took time to have a little fun at work too with themed potlucks throughout the year.
Fun
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIJanuary 29, 2018
Chemical Bank was a summer gig for me but for anyone looking to work here full time, it is a great company with opportunities to grow in the field. I enjoyed my team.
Executive Admin Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 23, 2018
Great place to work. There are no typical days everyday is different when working with executives in a highly confidential environment and very challenging.
Friendly co-workers
Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Chemical Bank. the normal day is 9 to 5, with an hour lunch. Although stressful at times, I learned new software programs and enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Competetive and stressful place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MIJanuary 20, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and I still keep in touch with some of them. I would go above and beyond to help them and formed many friendships. In that way it was very rewarding, but they didn't pay enough for all the things you were responsible to do. You also had to donate so many hours per year of community service in order to get your 25 cent raise. When my son was in an accident and on life support, they told me I had to get back to work or lose my job. They did give me 1 week off unpaid.
Not a good place to work
Consumer Lending Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Since the new CEO took over the whole corporate culture has changed. over 120 people were laid off leaving those left behind with double or triple the workload. The pay is terrible and way below standards for similar positions at other financial institutions.
Not a good place
Full Time Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Kawkawlin, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Human resources are rude. People judge you. It's fun working in a bank but not with terrible people. I would not tell anyone to bank or work here. Just worry about themselves doesn't care about their employees.
n/a
Mortgage Loan Closer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 7, 2018
A typical day at Chemical Bank is to come and be the best worker you can be with what you have. Things may not always be fair, but you learn to handle all situations in a professional manner.
too big now
Teller (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MIDecember 28, 2017
before they had they're merger chemical bank was great to work for, but now that they have gained in size with a merger they have forgotten about the small towns and they're customers I wouldn't want to work for a company who turns they're back on the little people.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIDecember 14, 2017
Enjoyed my job, everyone worked as a team and very helpful. Had great benefits and to be able to take time off when needed was good too. My manager was great!

Hardest part was to be able to move up in position.
Pros
Enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
Cons
Hard to advance
Competitive, Friendly and Fun
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIDecember 10, 2017
Worked with a diverse group of employees who worked cohesively as a team. Interacted with personal, and business professionals daily. Company was goal-oriented, competitive and worked toward products and services geared to assist all clients with financial needs across the board.
Pros
Fast-paced work environment
Cons
N/a
it was nice and training was provided for the position
Teller (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 15, 2017
This company I only worked for a year nice banking industry . I only wish they had locations closer. we focused on the customers and products as well. I know they will be around another 100 years.
Love the people I worked with
Customer Care Representative - Tech III (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 13, 2017
The culture of Chemical Bank changed drastically with the most recent merger. Seemed to be more about the shareholders and less about the employees and customers.
Good
Teller (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 5, 2017
Good place to work. Not very much time off allowed. After your 40 hours of PTO is up, you get written up for any sick days you need, or any other emergencies.
Friendly, community oriented company
AML Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 5, 2017
All of the people I have encountered have been friendly. The business is very involved in community events. You can earn extra time off (paid) by engaging in many of the community events.
Pros
company puts 4% of your annual salary into a 401k program even if you do not contribute.
Cons
You must work for the company for 6 years to be fully vested in the 401k company paid funds.
Changing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 31, 2017
The Company is changing, somethings for the better somethings are getting worse. If you are looking for a company that is expanding rapidly, this is a company for you. There are a lot of Entry Level positions available.
what I learned
Dividend Research and Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
I was a data entry clerk it was interesting job- I learned a lot about the
company It was a long time ago and I always did clerical-team player and always helped
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
was not to fast on computer
Blah Blah Blah
Vice President - Loan Syndication (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
This is a waste of time. I worked here 25 years ago and the bank no longer exists. This is why indeed is such a failure. It tries to fit everyone into a box in a one size fits all mentality