The warehouse operator / driver is responsible for local vehicle operations involving the movement of products as well as supporting warehouse operations by performing warehouse duties that include receiving, processing, storing and material distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate company owned and leased trucks to facilitate shipping and receiving
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety
- Assist in shipping and receiving, reviewing associated paperwork for accuracy, staging
shipments, unloading and loading trucks
- Operate forklift, hand trucks and material grinding equipment in a safe and efficient
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Perform facilities maintenance duties as required.
- Maintain neat and orderly warehouse and work area at all times, including sweeping
and cleaning of work area.
- Adhere to safety procedures and proper use of safety equipment.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one or more years of experience as a truck driver and warehouse operator; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Must regularly lift and / or move materials, boxes, pallets, etc.