Chemical Employee Reviews

The Military is a great opportunity
CBRN Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 12, 2016
The US Army is a great opportunity for any American. If you desire to serve your country while receiving comprehensive benefits and a fast-paced working environment where you will be constantly tested both physically and mentally, look no further.
Pros
Serving your country, great benefits, travel the world
Cons
Can be hard on families, high stress
Fast paced work environment focused on structured development.
(CBRN) and Explosives Defense Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIAugust 21, 2016
A day at work is spent usually doing pre maintenance on CBRN detection equipment and vehicles, as well as personnel accountability records. Over the years, I've learned countermeasures for Hazmat contaminations as well as other forms of contamination. Working under well knowledgeable instructors and supervisors, you get an idea of what real world situations are like due to their experience they bring to the table. Well motivated and enthusiastic coworkers makes the job even more worth doing. Saving lives had to have been the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Vast variety of skills learned; Knowledge of your job including the basics of other specialties
Cons
Long night/weeks spent away from family doing field training and exercises.
productive always busy
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXAugust 15, 2016
this company was great for me. it kept me busy either in the shop or out on locations. it was always something different. definitely a learning experience
Pros
had company truck
Cons
management always put me in a bind between working for father and son
High Operation Tempo
Nuclear Defense Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indian Head, MDJuly 28, 2016
Very high operation tempo but very great place to work. Have the chance to further your career by go to school and extending your certificate portfolio.
Pros
Well deserved time away from work when needed.
Cons
High operation tempo
productive,fun workplace,nice company
Chemical Blender/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 8, 2016
Busy,Learned a lot about the industrial chemical blending business,managment was very helpful,got along with my co-workers trained most of them,you had to pay very close attention to the job so you would not get hurt saferty was Number 1 priority,knowing I did a good job at the end of the day.
Pros
Good work environment, learned a lot
Cons
Can be Dangerous if not properly trained
Great Life Opportunities
CBRN NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 6, 2015
Amazing life opportunities that provide you with all the tools you need to succeed in life. Great job advancement opportunities in preferred job skilled area. Amazing people to work with, different cultured team members and people eager to learn. The most enjoyable moment was the deployments. Being able to protect and defend our country in times of need. Amazing feeling.
Pros
Amazing life
Cons
Never Home
Great benefits and great pay
NUCLEAR (CBRN) DEFENSE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 30, 2015
The company moved you around from place to place very often however you were compensated for the expenses and got extra pay.
Pros
moved around a lot
Cons
great benefits and pay
Good military structure with field training on the job
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2015
My schedule and typical day in this job is wake up at 0430 to conduct pt and room checks.After PT we would conduct personal hygiene and get ready for formation. Around 0900 we would form up for chow. After chow we would line up to get ready for our transport to our individual training environment. I would be at training from 1000
to 1530 from there we would go to chow then get ready for mail call. After mail call we would be released for personal time up untill 2100
that is the time for lights out. Wake up and do it again. I learned military structure as well as how to do my respected MOS. I learned to test different type of fuels as well as how to obtain a sample. My NCOS were very good NCOS they made sure we had everything we needed. Co-workers were good we helped each other out wherever the other one lacked. Hardest part of the job would be the field training and ruck march at the end of my training. My favorite part of this training would also have to be the field training and ruck march at the end.
Pros
Free housing, Free PT, Field training, Co-workers
Cons
Corrective action, very long formations
Dinamic and Challenging
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PROctober 26, 2015
As per Spare Parts Coordinator I found with the necessity to know about the equipment in production at detail. This is a new experience because you have to work with the equipment function and operator to understand clearly what parts do you need and how many frequently will you buy for maintenance the equipment running. This is not only to know also I have to create a documentation to each equipment for groping all parts per machine. This is the
Pros
Sometime the company gift snak for employer.
What i Learned
BCRN Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 26, 2015
I am a results driven college graduate from the University of Arizona with a passion for sales, marketing, and event management.
OSCA / BJ Services was a good company to work for
Facility Operator / Filtration Operator (Former Employee) –  Broussard LaSeptember 4, 2015
Had great supervisors to work with. Enjoyed supervising over the shop and yard. Was very knowledgeable of my job the with a lot of experience over the years there. Oilfield industry slow down forced a career move to provide for my family.
Pros
Great job to perfrom, Loved the work and hours.
Cons
Oilfield industry very unpredictible
Productive and fun place to work
Nuclear Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 29, 2015
Being a Chemical Specialist is awesome and I enjoyed learning everything new. Its a great career field in the military the promotion is slow.
Great opportunity to get promoted with lifelong skills
Chemical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schweinfurt, Germany and Fort Drum, NYNovember 12, 2013
My day starts at 0600 for physical training until 0730. Breakfast from 0730 to 0900 when you report for daily activities. From then until 1130, you train and retrain on weapons, job related activities, work on a variety of military trucks. Everyday offers new training opportunities with some of it requiring travel and outdoor encampment. 1130 to 1300 is lunch and 1300 until you're released you conduct whatever missions are required. My co-workers come from all over the world so you get to know diversity very quick. The military is a very team friendly environment so one must overcome adversity to accomplish a common goal. The hardest part of the job would have to be watching the promotion list change monthly with points being so high in certain jobs, to include mine. The most enjoyable part is being outdoors and being able to fire all sorts of high powered weapons and explosives. Learning tactical techniques in all sorts of warfare is something you can't experience anywhere else.
Pros
Working outdoors and meeting new people. Learning life lessons you can take away to use later.
Cons
Physically demanding, susceptible to injury
Nuclear (CBRN) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hooks, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Great environment
Good people
Stay positive and productive
Great leadership
Great classes
Everyone works well together
Reasonable pay
Overall a great place and environment to work in
musician,fishing,exercise
Plant maintenance (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 17, 2015
unsafe.learn the importance of safety.management ok.co-workers unsafe. stay alive.learning other skills . like boilers. cooling towers wastewater.
Pros
close to home
Cons
safety
Excellent co workers, very professional environment
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga TNFebruary 11, 2015
Formation is usually early in the morning, we learn all types of CBRN recon and decon techniques. We have excellent management, always very professional, to include my co workers. The hardest part of my job has always been the very long and rough days, though it is also the most rewarding.
Postal Operations
Biological, Radiology, Nuclear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, ColoradoSeptember 30, 2013
A typical day at work would involve me picking up mail from the Post Office. Bring the mail back to the mail room and sorting it out based on last name. Then distributing it to soldiers. My soldiers would help me sort and distribute it throughout post. The most enjoyable part of my job was sorting the mail because i like to keep myself busy. The hardest part of the job would be finding individuals who were no longer assigned to the post and figuring out what address to send their mail to.
Pros
Being able to make someones day.
Cons
Communication, hours.
Child care
Nuclear Specialist (Sergeant) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2015
I love kids but the pay is terrible and it is not worth it. The staff is great and parents to but after work you are so tired from chasing kids around.
A workplace that's always growing
CBIR Extraction Team Leader/Squad leader (Former Employee) –  Indian Head, MDMay 9, 2012
A normal day consists of personnel accountability and training in preparation for any operations being conducted. Being patient is a big part about working here due to the fact that you train a lot but do not get much of a chance to put that training into a real world situation. But the people you work with make the job better because you build a camaraderie like no where else.
Pros
a great work place and experience.
Cons
lots of patience needed.
Productive and very physical
United States Army (Current Employee) –  Elberton, GAJuly 2, 2015
You meet new people in the military and making connections is very easy. Everyone at this company is family oriented so it is a great place to work.
Pros
free food
Cons
extended work days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemical. Our community is ready to answer.