Chemical Employee Reviews

Industry Leader
Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Great technology, great team. Unquestionably industry leader. Reps are empowered with extensive training and strong support from management.

- Fast Paced Environment
- Relationship driven sales
- Extensive Technical/ Sales Training
- State of the art Technology
- Deep Knowledge base
Could be better, Contractors not treated well
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIAugust 23, 2017
if you aren't a full time worker, this is not the place to be. A great deal of behind the scenes politics makes working here difficult. Not a great deal of trust in fellow employees
Military
Noncommissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 15, 2017
This position was in the military. There are some excellent supervisors in the organization, but they are few and far between. If an employee is looking for advancement; there is a "good old boys system".
Fun ~ exciting place to work ~ thing always poping
LEAD CONSULTANT HSE (Former Employee) –  Huffman, TXJune 6, 2017
Great ~ good ~ fun and enjoyable ~ time seem to fly by because of the way work was ~
Always knew I made a difference ~
And what I did matter and was important ~ to me ~ the planet & the people ~
Working with people who could never understand how important the earth really is ~
Making head way and getting people to understand why it was so important ~
Pros
Free lunches ~ trips ~ conferences ~ education
Cons
N/a
Opportunity to grow and learn every aspect about business in the Chemical industry.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
I had a wonderful work experience with Sirius Chemical. I was able to grow and learn so much. I worked from home and mastered independence and time management. I am an excellent problem solver. I had to work with accounts payable departments, accounts receivables, purchasing and our personnel in the warehouse on a daily basis. So, I was able to work together with other key employees to provide excellent customer service to our customers and assist our suppliers with any information they needed.
Pros
Independent, worked from home.
Cons
Always on call.
company no longer is business
Supply Sanitation Lead (Former Employee) –  NRH, Tx 76180December 11, 2016
N/A, company no longer in business, death of supervisor. Nothing else to add. My grandmother was a real estate agent with Fannie Mae/ Freddie Mac repossessed homes as her account, I cleaned and mowed homes for her.
Fast paced work environment focused on structured development.
(CBRN) and Explosives Defense Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIAugust 21, 2016
A day at work is spent usually doing pre maintenance on CBRN detection equipment and vehicles, as well as personnel accountability records. Over the years, I've learned countermeasures for Hazmat contaminations as well as other forms of contamination. Working under well knowledgeable instructors and supervisors, you get an idea of what real world situations are like due to their experience they bring to the table. Well motivated and enthusiastic coworkers makes the job even more worth doing. Saving lives had to have been the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Vast variety of skills learned; Knowledge of your job including the basics of other specialties
Cons
Long night/weeks spent away from family doing field training and exercises.
productive always busy
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXAugust 15, 2016
this company was great for me. it kept me busy either in the shop or out on locations. it was always something different. definitely a learning experience
Pros
had company truck
Cons
management always put me in a bind between working for father and son
High Operation Tempo
Nuclear Defense Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indian Head, MDJuly 28, 2016
Very high operation tempo but very great place to work. Have the chance to further your career by go to school and extending your certificate portfolio.
Pros
Well deserved time away from work when needed.
Cons
High operation tempo
The Military is a great opportunity
CBRN Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 12, 2016
The US Army is a great opportunity for any American. If you desire to serve your country while receiving comprehensive benefits and a fast-paced working environment where you will be constantly tested both physically and mentally, look no further.
Pros
Serving your country, great benefits, travel the world
Cons
Can be hard on families, high stress
productive,fun workplace,nice company
Chemical Blender/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 8, 2016
Busy,Learned a lot about the industrial chemical blending business,managment was very helpful,got along with my co-workers trained most of them,you had to pay very close attention to the job so you would not get hurt saferty was Number 1 priority,knowing I did a good job at the end of the day.
Pros
Good work environment, learned a lot
Cons
Can be Dangerous if not properly trained
What i Learned
BCRN Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 26, 2015
I am a results driven college graduate from the University of Arizona with a passion for sales, marketing, and event management.
Great Life Opportunities
CBRN NCO (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 6, 2015
Amazing life opportunities that provide you with all the tools you need to succeed in life. Great job advancement opportunities in preferred job skilled area. Amazing people to work with, different cultured team members and people eager to learn. The most enjoyable moment was the deployments. Being able to protect and defend our country in times of need. Amazing feeling.
Pros
Amazing life
Cons
Never Home
Good military structure with field training on the job
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2015
My schedule and typical day in this job is wake up at 0430 to conduct pt and room checks.After PT we would conduct personal hygiene and get ready for formation. Around 0900 we would form up for chow. After chow we would line up to get ready for our transport to our individual training environment. I would be at training from 1000
to 1530 from there we would go to chow then get ready for mail call. After mail call we would be released for personal time up untill 2100
that is the time for lights out. Wake up and do it again. I learned military structure as well as how to do my respected MOS. I learned to test different type of fuels as well as how to obtain a sample. My NCOS were very good NCOS they made sure we had everything we needed. Co-workers were good we helped each other out wherever the other one lacked. Hardest part of the job would be the field training and ruck march at the end of my training. My favorite part of this training would also have to be the field training and ruck march at the end.
Pros
Free housing, Free PT, Field training, Co-workers
Cons
Corrective action, very long formations
Productive and fun place to work
Nuclear Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 29, 2015
Being a Chemical Specialist is awesome and I enjoyed learning everything new. Its a great career field in the military the promotion is slow.
Dinamic and Challenging
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PROctober 26, 2015
As per Spare Parts Coordinator I found with the necessity to know about the equipment in production at detail. This is a new experience because you have to work with the equipment function and operator to understand clearly what parts do you need and how many frequently will you buy for maintenance the equipment running. This is not only to know also I have to create a documentation to each equipment for groping all parts per machine. This is the
Pros
Sometime the company gift snak for employer.
Child care
Nuclear Specialist (Sergeant) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2015
I love kids but the pay is terrible and it is not worth it. The staff is great and parents to but after work you are so tired from chasing kids around.
Nuclear (CBRN) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hooks, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Great environment
Good people
Stay positive and productive
Great leadership
Great classes
Everyone works well together
Reasonable pay
Overall a great place and environment to work in
OSCA / BJ Services was a good company to work for
Facility Operator / Filtration Operator (Former Employee) –  Broussard LaSeptember 4, 2015
Had great supervisors to work with. Enjoyed supervising over the shop and yard. Was very knowledgeable of my job the with a lot of experience over the years there. Oilfield industry slow down forced a career move to provide for my family.
Pros
Great job to perfrom, Loved the work and hours.
Cons
Oilfield industry very unpredictible
musician,fishing,exercise
Plant maintenance (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 17, 2015
unsafe.learn the importance of safety.management ok.co-workers unsafe. stay alive.learning other skills . like boilers. cooling towers wastewater.
Pros
close to home
Cons
safety