Chemistry Employee Reviews in United States

Nice job and nice people
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 28, 2016
I would like to join this company again. Perfect work culture and environment. My manager always motivated me during my work there which I thing most valuable thing for me in that company.
Challenging environment with supportive staff who encouraged growth and development
AP Chemistry Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2016
Typical work day in a school environment with 2 hours of preparatory time scheduled into the day.

Developed curriculum and working knowledge of group management in a teaching setting.

The co-workers were absolutely phenomenal and a HUGE part of why I stayed to complete the year in teaching.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Long hours, difficult working environment
Working in the area of Medicinal Chemistry
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Technion-Israel Institute of TechnologyMay 17, 2016
My post-doctoral research work specifically involved under the title synthesis of novel class of aminoglycoside derivatives for the treatment of human genetic diseases
Loved it but not full-time
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 24, 2016
great department, varied hours teaching per semester, so not consistent pay, pay was not good, loved the college, i would have stayed if it was full-time
all the above jobs and functions were good
Assistant/Associate /Full Professor (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJanuary 27, 2016
Both schools in Malaysia were good. ABAC in Georgia is devoted to helping students and the time with the Student Government was very rewarding.
Pros
nice people
Cons
salaries and benefits a bit low
I was a student
Lab Experience (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IANovember 30, 2015
Learned more about lab safety and procedures while handling hazardous chemicals. The teacher had a few problems conveying meanings but the students worked together to create an understanding.
I like my carrier because i get some Experience in every job i get
Adjunct College Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx NYAugust 6, 2015
My study in the college of science has given me the ability to handle a wide variety of
Skills especially working in the lab. Which would best utilize my personal and profess
Ional skills and satisfy my desire to serve the community
school setting 9-12 grade
Physical Science Teacher/chemistyr teacher (Former Employee) –  lake havasu city, azAugust 4, 2015
Would have the day prepared in advanced by reviewing curriculum days prior and would plan a week ahead according to curriculum map. Would develop a lesson plan and would begin each day with bell work which would consist of objective, reviewing things learned from the day before and an overview of what would be learned on that day. Co-workers and management at the high school were pleasant to work with and very accommodating. The most enjoyable part of the day was building relationships with the students and the hardest part of the job was trying to manage family bills due to low pay and expensive health insurance.
Pros
fun environment, great people, enjoyable atomsophere
Cons
low pay, terrible insurance
Challenging
Medical Technologist I, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 14, 2015
High workload and low staffing. I learned that I can function most efficiently during 1st or 2nd shift positions. The most difficult part of the position would have been to keep up with a specimen load from a 600+ bed hospital with a very active ER and Level 1 trauma center as the only technologist in the chemistry department and no automated line for loading specimens.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Little to no breaks, difficult shift, difficult coworkers.
faculty professor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMarch 16, 2015
created a syllabus, instructed classroom and laboratory. Followed the recommended classroom syllabus. Created my own exam. Tutor for few days in the week.
Pros
i enjoyed the structure and independence given to me
Cons
not guaranteed position.

Want to know more about Chemistry?

Ask a question
Teacher
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 14, 2015
➢ On a daily basis, I teach chemistry, AP chemistry, and physics to over 100 students at Eastbrook High School
➢ In addition to my instructional duties, I am the physics club sponsor, science night sponsor, and eighth grade volleyball coach.
Love the atmosphere
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Working at Chemistry is like working with family. Everyone looks out for everyone and has each others best intentions in mind. The busines is such a fun atmosphere at all times. There's never a dull moment
Pros
amazing happy hour, great music
Cons
no breaks
Chemistry Lab Assistant
Chemistry Lab Assistant, Department (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Great and pleasant environment in the lab with the lab manager around. Very understanding lab manager and easy to talk to.
Taught Chemistry to students preparing for college
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 24, 2014
lesson plans, teach class, grade papers, prepare for experiments, create test and quizzes and administer them, maintain classroom decorum.
Pros
watching children progress into young adults.
Cons
amount of work required to take home with you.
Chemistry is not a company
Teacher (Former Employee) –  nowhereSeptember 23, 2014
The owner of this site need to check the site before mandating its user to fill in useless information
active and friendly environment
PhD Student & Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 13, 2014
I do study and research and I enjoy it a lot!!! We all student are friendly and sharing our findings and it is not just a work place and learning from research and papers, but also learning from others and enjoyment.
Challenging and fun
Lower secondary Science teacher (Former Employee) –  NepalgunjSeptember 5, 2014
Teaching chemistry is challenging with lots of chemical formulas.
Lovely place to work
Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ENGAugust 20, 2014
I am currently studying and it is a well nice place to go and work and study the best of it has lovely people.
Entry level
Senior Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Casie ProtankJune 27, 2014
I learned how to use wet chemistry techniques and AAS, CVAFS, FTIR, GFAAS, GC, ICP and
UV-Vis.
Pros
entry level
Cons
no benefits
An OK institute
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 24, 2014
I enjoy working in this institute. However, pharmaceutical/chemical/biological industry job opportunities around the institute are limited.