Chemtura Employee Reviews

Structured and safe work environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJSeptember 1, 2016
Morning starts with a safety meeting. Next a Near Miss review meeting. Then to a production meeting. Chemtura has a lot of good safety programs in place. Hard to stay on top of production with all of the meetings during the day.
Pros
Good employees (workforce)
Cons
A lot of meetings
Awful!!!
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 10, 2016
Not a very good place to work. Hr controls the whole plant, can't trust anyone , they will stab you in the back in a heart beat.
Pros
NONE
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Lack of resources with low moral.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 15, 2015
Typical day is composed of managing priorities for the 3-4 positions you are expected to cover. Had the opportunity to deal directly with Fortune 500 customers.

Good group of dedicated hourly employees. Management is lost on a clear short and long term strategy for the business segments and in many cases management lacks integrity.
Pros
Competitive Health Care benefits
Cons
Resourced below bare minimum needs
Always working
Chemical Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Adrian MIJune 17, 2015
Was a good place to work before they lost there patent. Money was good, no life outside of work. Plant is now closing.
Working here meant being in a tyvek suit all day in corrosive product a full face mask and pretty much covered head to toe on the dry side of the plant.
Pros
Wages
Chemtura
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 7, 2015
Good people. Focused on improving reliability and asset management. Organized training for employees. Prepare for HAZOP reveiws
Nice Place to Work
Process Excellence Leader (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARFebruary 28, 2015
As the Process Excellence Leader I helped install Lean Six Sigma at this site. My work day consisted of either Kaizen events, Six Sigma project support and leadership, or installing Lean tools. Management was very supportive and the rural culture was friendly. My coworkers had to be sold on Lean Six Sigma but they worked hard at it. The challenge was the initial culture change but it was enjoyable to work with people who considered the change. The salary was fine. My only reason for leaving was corporate bankruptcy and management change which jettisoned Lean Six Sigma. It was truly a great work environment but be prepared for a rural lifestyle. The promotions were limited on site and would require relocation. I also cannot recommend the new management.
Pros
people, work environment, challenging.
Cons
promotion, locality, stability
Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Served as primary interface between IT and Customers (Internal employees). Provided necessary support and
leadership to ensure that Chemtura Customer Support assisted all systems (Biolabs, GLCC, Crompton) with minimal impact to business. Assisted with implementation of LanDesk, Vault, Novell migration, Email migration and other implementations on ad-hoc basis. Assisted with administration of new hire and termination of user network accounts. Added contacts for each new hire and disabled contacts for each termination.
IT work
PC Tech, Senior Site Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, CTFebruary 20, 2015
.I had a great time with this company fantastic as far as people, management and C level executives. Company did go bankrupt.

Thanks
Dustin
Steady work pace with enjoyable co-workers
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARAugust 6, 2014
Hardest part of the job is having everyone on the same page and understanding.
Pros
co-workers, job experience, working with chemicals, benefits
Cons
location, lack of communication
Chemical Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIJuly 9, 2014
I enjoy the work greatly. You learn a lot and have opportunities to grow there.
Everyone is a plant...no room for advancement
Demand Manager - Distribution and Custom Brands (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 31, 2014
Smaller company, but good employees. Just not much room for career advancement
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
no personal growth
Good
Salesforce Consultant (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, CTMarch 19, 2014
Good to work with esteem company. Learned in detail about integration. My co-workers are supportive
Fun place to work
Electrical / Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  ARFebruary 9, 2014
I learned alot on job training and had a great boss he took time with all of techs and taught us alot
Pros
laid back
Cons
overtime and very hot in summer
Productive, Challenging, & good team work
CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES ENGINEER III (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, CTAugust 22, 2013
good work environment, project deadlines were a challenge, and I enjoyed learning something new.
Pros
training when required
Cons
outsourcing
Fast paced, but, dangerous
Packaging and Filling Machine Operator and Tender (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 30, 2013
The people and the management are great. I liked working there its just you had to be cautious because the chemicals we worked with contained acid.
Information Technology
Customer Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, CTApril 17, 2013
Full disclosure, they are outsourcing our whole department. Though there were some awesome people it seems that this department was plagued by years of bad leadership and bad decisions. Not everyone was was treated equally or held to the same expectations. I for one am glad to be finding an opportunity elsewhere.
Pros
great people, laid back atmosphere
Cons
poor it leadership, they are probably going to keep selling off
work with nice people
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJFebruary 18, 2013
OK place but they are not too quick to hire competent people. management is reluctant to make important decisions
I loved the hours
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  conyers, gaFebruary 4, 2013
I liked working here but once i became pregnant they wanted to demote me and eventually have me quit since i was a liability. other than that i loved working 2nd shift and love the pay and hours!!
Productive and fun workplace, with new faces often
Hire Dynamics (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 1, 2012
Atypical day at work is having a sting in the nose from the smell even with a face mask on. I learned that if it affects your health, pay the signs attention. The staff worked in a very professional manner at all times. The hardest part of the job was knowing I had to go back to plant #4 and twist,twist,twist, bottle caps even though I had blisters from the day before, just take a deep breath and get on with it. I must say the most enjoyable part of it was when the biscuit man came in with breakfast even though I would've eaten before work, I knew I could make the rest of the day as long as I could get a hot biscuit that seemed to cover the fumes connected on my stomach linning.
Pros
lunchbreaks, 8 hr. shift, weekends off, mostly
Cons
shortbreaks, strong nose burning smell, irritated skin from liquids