Chen Medical Employee Reviews

Poor management
Front desk / receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 28, 2017
The company as a whole is amazing, however, the office I worked in was poorly managed and I felt discriminated against being t he only caucasian in the office as well as the oldest employee.
No structure at all
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLAugust 8, 2017
There is no structure in this place! Everything is constantly being changed around and you're expected to hold your head down and just do your job. The employee benefits are not all that great, your better off getting your own insurance. It would be cheaper and the benefits better. PTO time is ridiculous, no sick time and only 6 holidays a year. Thank you Chen for thinking of your employees and their families. HR doesn't exist and advancement is pretty much nonexistent. & they micromanage you to the second! Oh and one of their "corporate" buildings has 2 non working elevators where people constantly get stuck, it smells like fecal matter & was built like in 1904. No renovations to this day. Start investing in your people, that is the foundation of your company.
Cons
Micromanagement, Cheapskates!, Barely no PTO
Overall I have great experience working there.
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLApril 19, 2017
Some days are good than others. The hardest part of the job is the weight they put on employees to give more. The most enjoyable part of my job is I'm able to make 2 hrs per week if I have to take my kids or myself to the doctor. It's flexible.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
the pay it less than other company will pay for the same job.
Flexible Workplace
Talent Manager Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJanuary 24, 2017
They are in a current transition to become a bigger and better company. They started out as a mom and pop type business that transformed to a larger company.
Wonderful and family oriented atmosphere
CLINICAL RESEARCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Best job ever! The company is growing and employs the best. You are never just doing one thing; they make sure you are learning more than one facet of the job.
Patient
N/A (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLNovember 2, 2016
Though I am not a employee, the EMPLOYEES must realize that there paychecks come from there patient hmo, not by the grace of God.In tired of calling and getting the whatever attitude. When your dealing with elders,your dealing with sick elders. Not a piece of paper. In tired as well of calling for a follow-up of other issues as well. This has and is bringing stress and hardship on the family. Must be retrained on this. Commercials state one thing, but, real life is different. How would you feel if its your parent.
Pros
Good coffee
Cons
Unprofesional
Great Company!
FRONT DESK TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLOctober 6, 2016
Great Company! This place is really wonderful especially with the love care and treatment toward the elders. They have great servuce and activities for the patients & treat everyone like family!
Pros
Very Family Oriented
My First Job
Clinical Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2016
After graduating from my bachelors in engineering I was ready to take on the world. Unfortunately, this was not the place that was going to get me where I wanted to get to. Although the CEO was a great and brilliant man, the management team I worked with did not have a great dynamic, which in turn effected the output of the team.
Pros
Nice Office, Great CEO, Job Growth
Cons
Learned a lot about medicare and working with agents of diffrent providers
Member Support Specialist/New Patient Recruiting (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the patients. It was a rewarding position to be able to assist the elderly with getting all there healthcare needs in order.
I was given the opportunity to advance in promotional moves from Front Desk Registration/Scheduler to Referral Coordinator now to Front Desk Team Lead
Front Desk Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 26, 2016
On a typical day we maybe see over (150) patients on any given day, which is not including Hospital Discharge, walkins. I have learned in over the years to really listen, team player, giving 150% on a daily basis, going above and beyond is second nature, I LOVE what I do that is why I have stayed in this field for over (20+) years..
Pros
Jencare always has room for advancement and they encourage everyone
Cons
Not enough hours for me to work...
Great Place to Work, Great business focus
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2016
I don't think I have ever worked for a more conscientious company. There primary focus is to server others and it shows in their leadership. Highly recommend!
Wonderful place to work for.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMay 19, 2015
Ive never worked at a place where its comforting, relaxing, great atmosphere. Working with adults that's on the same level as you. Everyone is respectful of you and your work does not go by unrecognized. You and your work is appreciated.
Pros
Awesome place to work for
Cons
there arent any.
Good Company to work for
Helpdesk Support (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 2, 2015
This is a very great company to work for. The salary is good for one just starting out and the benefits are wonderful too. The company has grown tremendously over the past 4 years so job security is pretty much ok.
Na
Health Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 6, 2014
Chen Medical is a good company and care for their employees.
Don't value loyal and passionate employees
Patient Relations (Former Employee) –  Miami GardensNovember 14, 2013
Yes, the compensation structure has improved, however, their values have gone down the tubes. Chen once cared about their employees and you were able to go directly to the owners. Now that they've grown they don't want to deal with employee issues and have joined corporate America. The marketing team employees are so worried about the numbers now that there isn't any teamwork and they are cut throats and back stabbers that fear the loss of their jobs. I noticed that after I gave all I had and was extremely passionate and they got what they needed from me I was told either to quit or they would fire me.
Pros
Some of the staff are really good people
Cons
They use you drain you and dispose of you
Great company
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 15, 2013
This company paid well and was very employee friendly. I recommend this company without a doubt.
Good South America Coffee
Director, Quality Assurance and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2013
Managed quality assurance and compliance of the healthcare-chain as well as the development and QA of the HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) compliance software
Be advice of this 21 century mafia!
Bus Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Miami, Fl.March 18, 2013
I start working as a driver when they only had 4 buses and a dirty Toyota prius .we used to know each other until they turn into the monster corporation they have today, like communist after they win you heart they lose their values. Two years and a big fight to get my first and only race.
After submitting a big letter to my superior and revealing potential health hazards for the patients and drivers they frame me with a false accusation of stealing from the company without open a formal police investigation and keeping my superiors on the job.
They utilize me for long time making me work for years longer weekly two or three work shift of 8 to 10 hours without lunch breaks and sending me home after two or three ours the rest of the days in order to avoid paying overtime.
They will manipulate you time card at their conveniences after replacing the finger print system for a inaccurate manual supervisor one.
people there work like slaves on fear of been fired at all time.
My races were a joke working less hours every year. My health insurance was better finding my own and I ending getting high cholesterol and blood pressure for the lack of sleep and drastic diet changes.
I am glad I am out of there for good on a job that pay me double of the misery they were sharing after giving my blood to them for three years.
Find a better place if you don’t want to deal with this mafia. OSHA should close that place and you deserve better
Pros
good qualityed innocent people fearing to lose their jobs every day
Cons
florida base company with a lawyer from the family in the house
A good company to work for; it's a strong company therefore there is job security
X-Ray tech / Med Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aventura OfficeJuly 17, 2012
Hired as X-ray/ MA hours 8-5 M-f, worked permanetly at one of the several clinics in the N Miami area but covered other x ray and MA tech when on vacation ect. Duties were; X- ray, vital phleb, inj, perform glucometer and INR check,ekg, spirometry, keep pt's flow,call in Rx, call backs, close labs and ordered labs supplies, assist with minor bx. They have the greatest comp technolology, digital X-ray, easy to use computer progam (office is paperless).I worked at several of their clinics there offices are kept neat and clean.
Pros
up to date in the latest office technology
Cons
distance
Relax work environment
Biller (Former Employee) –  Miami LakesFebruary 22, 2012
Very nice staff. Everyone is a team player. Great experience.