Chenega Employee Reviews

Workplace was great Company lacking a little
Medical Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMJanuary 9, 2016
I have worked at the same location for 4 1/2 years...all but one year with Chenega. The experience was wonderful and the people I have worked with are amazing! Being a contract employee was very hard at times because we get no raises by Chenega and do not really know from year to year if we have a job. The management were very nice people but were bound to the contract they bid. I left for a more permanent position and more pay.
Pros
great location to work
Cons
didn't like the benenfits and not being permanent
Excellent Company - Nerve Racking Employment
HQ Facility Assessment Engineering Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJDecember 4, 2015
Chenega is an excellent company to work for, offering a very competitive compensation package as well as a very flexible work schedule. The only draw back is that its contractual, meaning at the end of every contract year, you have to wonder if they will renew.
Unproffesional and unorganized
REFERRAL MANAGEMENT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJune 13, 2016
Received multiple documents for other employees during my hire process, can't get an email back from h/r and supervisory staff, mistake after mistake on my paychecks and taxes for my states, wouldnt get paid out on time for pay days, it is like the blind leading the blind because you are sent powerpoints and have to figure things out on your own after that, outdated powerpoints would be sent me for training, my new hire documents were lost twice, $4.02 An hour is taken if the terrible benefits are needed and if they arent you are forced to put that money into a 401a account instead of being paid out into your paychecks.
Pros
NOT A SINGLE THING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Great company to work for.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJNovember 13, 2015
As a contract worker, enjoyed working in teams with with freedom to be creative in meeting goals with regular meetings to track progress and stay on course and solve problems quickly as they arise.
Pros
Good health insurance and 401k programs.
Contractor for
Linux Systems Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 26, 2015
Hired for a government position in the Bureau of Reclamation.
No inter-action with company. If I had a HR question staff was always there.
Pros
Good benefits
its a great job
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 31, 2016
I stay busy all day and I loved my job from the first day but I stay busy with very little help from others. My coworkers are mostly military and we they are always changing to other work stations so once you get one trained they change to some other place. I have learned many things while working here. All new programs and how to take care of many problems. I make several cd's and copies of charts and electronic records.
Great people and experience.
Corporate Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 23, 2016
Co-workers and management were great to work with. I enjoyed our weekly briefing meetings. We would have quarterly company social meetings to foster teamwork. That was fun.

I enjoyed the experience working at Chenega.
Pros
Free coffee and occasional donuts.
Cons
I wish the healthcare yearly primary deductions could have been less before the co-pay kicked in.
Security Guard
Security Guard (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Various, NYJune 29, 2016
Locations: Bronx, Brooklyn, Hicksville, Jamaica, Long Island City, NY. Floater position, part time. Excellent pay for unarmed guard, no chance of a raise under the company's current contract.
Pros
Pay, vacation time for part timers, free uniforms.
Cons
Boring work, additional duties as receptionist which vary between offices. Very cheap 100% polyester uniforms.
Prouctive work for great clients
Configuration Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 27, 2016
Detailed documentation gathering required and great insights provided by customer technical resources. Coordination among team members of upmost importance to insure a complete and accurate database,
Productive fun place to work.
Service Desk / Operations Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2016
During my time at Chenega I was given the opportunity to take a course in ITIL and work on designing dashboards for their OPHER department. This department handles agents and toxins entering the United States.
Excellent pick of personnel to work with.
Intelligence Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJune 1, 2016
No micro management. Instructions are given on what is needed and the individual is left to accomplish task without anyone hovering above.
Can't believe they were paying me to do something I enjoy!
Pros
Excellent Program Manager to work for.
Cons
None that I noticed
it a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2016
Well it a jobs, you work it and you go home after the shift. I've learn that do your job and don't expect anything after that. Management is is somewhat respectable, co-worker just at anything other job depend the people.The hardest part waiting for the paycheck, best part getting the paycheck.
Pros
lot of time on your hand
Cons
lot of time on your hand
Worst company to work for... EVER!!!!
Technical (Former Employee) –  Springfield , VAOctober 17, 2014
If your looking for growth and advancement from a prestigious company, don't waste your time here. Terrible upper management, company has taken over a govt contract already up to our 4th. Manager and it's only been 14 months. Zero communication within the ranks. Corporate has no clue on what it is to run a contract. Health benefits is terrible and pay raises is non existing. This company is overly focused on the bottom line number and has no consideration for its employee. Currently waiting for the company to loose the contract so the following company to take over. But if your looking for a stress free happy go lucky type of environment, don't even waste your precious time or knowledge. Take this advice and run.
Pros
Non, would have to make one up.
Cons
Everything you can think of it's here.
The team is more like a family
Dispatcher and Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 22, 2016
The pay is really good. Great benefits and with great leadership it's an awesome place to work. Reasonable hours and a great team of people that you could ever encounter.
JOINT TRAINING MANAGER DEFENSE LANGUAGE INSTITUTE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2016
Chenega Applied Solutions is a great company and I would work with them again if I have the chance. Only reason I'm leaving is that the military contract we work under is expiring in Nov 2016.
Pros
Atomosphere, people, leadership
Cons
NONE
Good work enviroment
Environmental Technical Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 14, 2016
Great group of employees, team work, time off, good leadership. However slow or low advancement due opening slots and employees staying for long period of time
Pros
Pay
Good Hard working team
SR SharePoint Developer - Time Solution (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
In Early, work until task is done, head home to my busy life.
Great place to work.
Will work there again.
Good location and Free Parking.
Free lunch sometimes.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Lots of work
management not available to return phone calls
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMApril 12, 2016
I was hired as a "Medical Clerk", duties stating a medical office environment, making appointments, interaction with providers etc., After being hired I discovered that I would be working in a outpatient records area...filing, scanning, shredding.
That lasted one day!
HR is great, however my first line manager has never returned a phone call!
Excellent Company
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2016
The company is small enough to allow life balance flexibility unlike big businesses. Management is engaged with the progress of each employee. They are a Federal Contractor so position are intact as long as they have a contract.
Productive and fun workplace with Chenega
Armed Security Guard PL 1 Facility (Former Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COMay 28, 2014
This was my first experience outside the military. A typical day at work was 10 to 12 hours on your feet, expected work day, but challenging at times with customers.The management was minimum which required you to know you job. My co-worker came from many different background consisting of military and non-military. The hardest part of the job was the one week advance notice of your shift work times. Other challenges where working outdoors in the extreme cold or extreme heat with standard work gear. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and knowing you are the first line of defense for others protection.
Pros
keep security clearance.
Cons
weather, salary for your responsibilities and hours spent at work.

2.8