Chenega

Chenega Employee Reviews

Working at the CDC, Atlanta, GA
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Specific work hours Monday to Friday (no weekend work)
Cons: Unable to have flexible work schedule and location
I enjoy my current contract job working for Chenega at the CDC. I have gained experience and better understanding of the workflows in government as it pertains to contracts and grants.
I have also gained – more... experience and knowledge of the configuration of an enterprise IT operations different from that of Hewlett Packard Company.

My typical day involves monitoring and takign service calls and responding to an assortment of reqeusts from end-users. I have been fortunate to manage seasoned agents on the phones adn they assist me with understanding the culture and nuiances of the environment at CDC.

The most difficult part of the job is being patient to introduce changes that bring efficiency and increase productivity while embracing a different culture.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interfacing with different IT groups who are also contractors. This broadens my horizon in making collaborations effective.

My management team has and continues to have trust and confidence in my results and deliverables at the CDC. – less
NSTR
NSTR (Former Employee), NSTRJune 16, 2015
This information is not for public use.This information is not for public use.This information is not for public use.This information is not for public use.This information is not for public use.This information is not for public use.This information is not for public use.This information is not for public use.
not a good company
Referral Clerk (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJune 8, 2015
Horrible pay and you get paid the 10th and 25th of the month. I work with miserable people that complain all day but did nothing to leave. I left the job after 7 months. Don't waste your time with applying for employment.
it paid the bills
Security (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMay 29, 2015
it's not the hardest place to work at, but it really feels like there is no place to advance here. it's fairly unorganized and day to day routines are up in the air
Horrible
Senior Electronic/Security Technician (Former Employee), vaApril 13, 2015
No Pay raises your stuck where you come in at they dont care how much experince you have they will hire people in with no experince at the same pay as people with years of experince
Great environment to grow and learn
Senior Cyber Analyst (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDApril 7, 2015
Chenega gave me a wonderful opportunity to develop my skills and capabilities while providing expert service to the client
Chenega is an excellent company.
Executive Assistant to Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
Chenega focuses on it's employees and is concerned about their well-being. Chenega maintains a standard of excellence.
Working nonstop will not only result in burnout
Arabic Language Instructor/Translator (Current Employee), Augusta GAFebruary 28, 2015
There's evidence that people who have fun at work are happier, healthier, motivated, and more productive than their stressed-out counterparts.
Room to grow.
Marketing Administrator (Current Employee), Lorton, VAFebruary 17, 2015
This is an awesome company to start at the bottom and move to the top. I love everything I do here, from answering the phones to attending all of the morale events.
yours
Special Police/Weapons Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 1, 2015
micro-managed , lots of favoritism
ask in person for a detail summary about Chenega. I worked for this company for five years
Good to me so far
Substitute Security Officer (Current Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 14, 2014
Better pay. More meaning full work than most security companies. Less hassle. Good people.
Easy job
Security Police Officer I (Current Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 11, 2014
Not a hard job but, is a very important one for the safety of the istallation personnel. Glad to do it.
Great flexibility
Training Analyst (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2014
Benefits are slowly dwindling, but the flexibility is great which makes up for a lot.
Relaxed place to work, but change is constantly taking place
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TxOctober 23, 2014
I have worked with Chenega for 1 year and 3 months. It is a very relaxed environment with great people. We had a change in our contract and we (my co-worker and I) were then changed to one of the SBU's. Unfortunately one of the cons to working with the contract I am on is constant change. We are constantly having to adjust our work strategies and the way we do things to keep the customer happy.
Worst company to work for... EVER!!!!
Technical (Former Employee), Springfield , VAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: non, would have to make one up.
Cons: everything you can think of it's here.
If your looking for growth and advancement from a prestigious company, don't waste your time here. Terrible upper management, company has taken over a govt contract already up to our 4th. Manager and it's – more... only been 14 months. Zero communication within the ranks. Corporate has no clue on what it is to run a contract. Health benefits is terrible and pay raises is non existing. This company is overly focused on the bottom line number and has no consideration for its employee. Currently waiting for the company to loose the contract so the following company to take over. But if your looking for a stress free happy go lucky type of environment, don't even waste your precious time or knowledge. Take this advice and run. – less
Not too bad, not too great.
Web Site Editor OSHA (Current Employee), Salt Lake City UtahOctober 1, 2014
As far as the work is concerned, it could all be telecommute. Benefits package is too expensive to afford. More than 1/3rd of monthly salary. Advancement seems possible. Management is fair.
Very poor management, no communication, and poor payroll practices
EMS (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: good equipment (what's there)
Cons: poor management, they ask for too much for too little
Worst company I've ever worked with my entire professional career. No sentiment for contractors, very difficult to communicate with management, poor leadership, and they expect people to sit on site for practically no pay which makes the contract undesirable to begin with.
Working with DIA in Crystal city
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), 2451 Crystal City Drive, Arlington Va 22207September 26, 2014
Pros: working with dia and learning about he different databases they use daily
Cons: no contact with chenega
I arrive at work around 5:30 daily and check emails for any work that needs to be done. Around 9 every day my supervisor arrives and goes the to the morning brief and returns with any work we may have for the day when it is due. I currently working with 8 Chenega analyst in Crystal city.
Do Not Stay If There Is No Solid Contract in Place
Business Administrator II (Former Employee), VASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: it was a good company to work for
Cons: no benefits, no employee morale, management cannot keep information confidential.
Due to the fact that we have been surviving off of a bridge contract for the last two years, it has been difficult to thoroughly enjoy this company as I have in the past. Management has become cut throat. If they can save themselves (and their salary), they will cut 5 other people to compensate for it. In the past it was a great company. Now? Not so much.
same gsme different company
Guard II (Former Employee), PittsburghJuly 13, 2014
Pros: its a job and as far as security pays ok
Cons: prepare to work jacked up hours and betreated as a subhuman
Just likeevery other govt contract security company.Basicly do whatever they can to squeeze every penny and it usually comes out of the employee. Put physical fitness standards on employees immediately – more... after taking over contract then give 30 days to pass or your fired. CDC in Pittsburgh lost half the guard staff. Some had been there for years. I guess loyalty means nothing. Anyway don't expect much from these folks. Cutt throat like the rest. – less

1 2 3 4

About Chenega

Chenega prides itself on providing industry leading market driven compensation, a comprehensive benefits program that is tuned – Read more

Chenega Salaries