Assignment position is in a multi-discipline Project Management Team (PMT) that provides general Engineering and Construction oversight support during the Front End Engineering & Design (FEED) and EPC phases of a base load natural gas liquefaction/LNG export plant Project.
The assignment period includes tasks and activities for front end works, engineering, procurement support and assistance, design, construction, startup and commissioning, and plant operations after handover.
Understanding of all facets of LNG transportation, storage and processing including health, safety, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. In-depth knowledge of plant maintenace philosophies and design, operation and maintenance of equipment and systems within the terminal. Knowledge of FERC, USCG, DOT and OSHA regulations.
· During FEED and detailed Engineering, provide controls and design recommendations as the Owner’s lead Rotating Equipment Engineer. Participation in progressing the engineering design and monitoring the Contractor and subcontractors for adherence to LNG codes, ASME, API and other standards and project design basis, that provides safe, reliable, optimized constructability, and cost effectiveness to build, operate and maintain.
· Provide technical guidance for rotating equipment and packaged units (such as large compressor units and gas turbines) qualifications, selection, procurement, design, shop testing witnessing and acceptance (including string tests), equipment handling, site installations, commissioning and start up planning.
· Participate in all aspects of machinery selection, procurement, through detailed engineering and in to the field.
· Interface with other project discipline engineers and designers.
· Develop engineering specifications and provide guidance and quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness.
· Review and comment on the P&ID’s, PFD’s, other design drawings and project specifications for acceptability and compliance with the Project requirements and provide optimization suggestions as required. Participate in Process Hazard Analysis, HAZOPS and other formal hazard assessment groups.
· Attend factory acceptance tests of rotating equipment and unit packages prior to shipment to the project site.
· At the Construction Site, provide controls to the safe work of the Contractor and subcontractors, adherence to approved designs, project specifications, schedule and budget that comply with safety and environmental regulations/procedures, and other statutory requirements. Provide engineering expertise, guidance, and perform inspections of piping and equipment installations for compliance to design and installation standards, specifications, welding specifications, and non-destructive testing of pressure vessels, tanks and piping.
· Keep Project Manager informed of any technical, schedule or cost impacts due to civil works and any impacts to other project tasks & activities.
· Monitor plant and equipment performance during commissioning and startup by reviewing production and controls data by exception and identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement.
· During Construction, lead the Management of Change process for all rotating equipment modifications, review and approve changes through the change order process and verify that documents and drawings are up to date.
· During the construction phase of the project, monitor and direct the activities of millwright inspectors, review their work for thoroughness and accuracy.
· Participate, assess and complete site surveys to assess rotating equipment performance, reliability and any operational issues.
1. Education and Certifications: A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is required and Professional Engineering License, in good standing with at least one state, is preferred.
2. Experience: At least 15 years of experience as a Rotating Equipment Engineer with a process plant EPC background within the oil and gas industry. Preferred experience in LNG projects.
a. Thorough knowledge of design codes for the equipment and auxiliaries, including their control systems.
b. Must be articulate and have effective organizational skills.
c. Computer literate with typical office packages, simulation applications and basic computer literacy.
d. A high level of safety awareness and knowledge of applicable LNG regulations is required.
e. Excellent knowledge of the design, operation and maintenance of equipment and systems within the facility is required.
f. Knowledge of plant maintenance philosophies and working experience of plant maintenance systems is also required
g. Must be articulate and have effective management and organizational skills.
h. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.