CHEP Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and dedicated workplace
Planning Coordinator - Special Products (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2016
CHEP has a large and dedicated workforce that works as a dedicated team to meet the needs of its customers. The culture is hard working and friendly. There are many opportunities for growth in varied fields of interest. Mobility in the company is available both with careers and geographic placement. They demand a full 8+ hour day in all roles and that customers are responded to on all requests by the end of each day. Co-workers are very helpful and willing to cover for others when vacations and the like arise.
Pros
Quality benefits, Company matching shares
Cons
Long work days, Emergency issues pop up last minute
Productive team enviroment with an independent work area
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 23, 2015
Start with a daily team meeting to keep employees aware of any changes, accomplishments, potential adversities, and our numbers for the day. Stretch before we walk on to the dock, and inspect our work areas to ensure safety. build pallets all day with one break and one lunch. The hardest part of the job was dealing with idle time, We wasted roughly an hour a day waiting on our pallets to continue productivity.
Pros
Company safety lunches, compensation incentive
Cons
Warehouse temperature, broken equipment
it was a good work environment
Machine/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCNovember 23, 2015
they gave me the opportunity to learn and acquire new skills, about job safety in the work place, certified me on a forklift, and gave me valuable work experience in a safe maintained work environment
Pros
good work hours, good benefits
Cons
no oportunities for advancement or long term carreer
Management and upward mobility dont exist
Analyst, Ryder (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 5, 2016
The management here was from previous places where they brought most of their people with them. People like myself who came from other places were treated very different. The associates that management brought had the greatest opportunity for advancement and the only ones who did advance.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Favortism
Innovative company with great potential bad leadership
Logistics (Former Employee) –  OrlandoApril 2, 2015
I learned a lot and made great money. However this company sets unrealistic goals to meet each year and you are stressed to meet them without any true guidance. Leadership in the logistics department is horrible and constantly changing, and this isn’t good because this is department is what makes or breaks the company.
They hire fresh kids straight out of college who is still wet behind the ears and have no real life experience, so the managers are constantly baby sitting.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
No Work Life balance
Former employee
Finance (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 9, 2013
Compensation packages are very competitive, however the organization has poor track record of managing supply chain and operation costs so as a result they periodically do overhead cost reductions ( labor) to offset. Its a common practice there. They account for time to refill positions as cost benefit to meet fiscal year budget requirements. In addition, being an company with overseas Executives, they tend to make executive decisions without concern for subsidiaries. Its impossible for blanket decisions to be made from "Australia" and expect it to 100% applicable in Chep USA, Chep Asia, Chep Africa at the same time. More localized executives is required.
I would not recommend this place as a long term career option. As a short term option most definitely.
Fast pace and a new challenge everyday
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2016
The reality does not match the brochure or catch slogans. I know, big surprise right? Some leaders in CHEP take it to a new level.
Pros
The people I worked with day to day.
Cons
When you have nothing nice to say, I choose to say nothing.
flexible work
labor (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAMay 2, 2016
job is good to hold you off to find something. but the hard work comes with small pay. management is good. workers are awesome. overall a good place to work
Worst place to provide for your family
Repairman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2012
This job is a rip off. They expect you to build or rebuild 65 lb pallets for .37 each and if it isnt done the way the qc wants it they flip it off the line. Come on really? Not for .37.If I had a second chance I wouldn't dare try this company. The belt line breaks every other day. The maintenance men are disrespectful and couldn't fix anything if their job depended on it. I can honosetly say you will regret working here. Theres rats, roaches, and all types of creatures. One time they sent a pallet down with a nest of black widow spiders and oh yea by the way you don't get benefits til a year later... To sum it all up, this isn't a great place for you to turn your life around unless this is your last resort.
Pros
ok pay while you're on your probation period
Cons
not safe, too much contamination, not enough pay
Productive Environment
Machine Operator/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 7, 2016
Constant moving, I really don't have a review at the moment.
It's busy work and hard work. I don't have a review at this time.

Want to know more about CHEP?

Ask a question
Great satisfaction
Community Education Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 5, 2015
Great team to work with, the management was great. I loved the job, I loved working with and for the community. Each day I was able to meet someone new and give them information that they didn't have. The most enjoyable part was giving people knowledge so they could make better decisions about their health care.
Pros
Educating the community
Cons
Contract position
Fast Paced
Manager Sales & Operations Planning North America (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Fast paced. Great environment with a lot of opportunity. Has learned plenty while give the ability to grow professionally.
Professional, Teaches you to be highly adaptable, Offers many opportunties to grow with-in the company
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2012
This is by far the best company I've had the pleasure of working for. I have nothing but positive feelings towards CHEP and my former CHEP family. I had to leave due to personal issues following my mother's death. I would be more than honored to rejoin this company.
Pros
wonderful co-workers, great benefits, many social work related activities to bring us closer etc
Cons
high stress environments - but worth it!
work with good people who work hard
Pallet builder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MENovember 16, 2015
Employees are cool people but management has to get it together to many people are telling you different things and there is not upper level communication
Great people and teams
Sr Director Supply Chain Solutions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2015
Having been able to engage cross functionally in a global role, I was able to work with all aspects of the organization in projects, solutions and day to day.

One of the best groups of individuals one could ever want to work with...
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
CHEP was a great place to work with a very diverse environment that was committed to excellence in both company goals as well developing its' people. There was a lot of areas for professional growth and the ability to see where each person contributed to the overall organizational goals.
this company has brought me to the next level
Regional Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 23, 2015
This company is growing like crazy, I feel valued on a day to day basis,and am constantly rewarded for my hard work and dedication
Pros
per dium
Cons
contract basis with clients
Great place to work at
GLOBAL DATA CENTER LEAD (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2015
CHEP was a good company, Culture was great in the Dept I worked in. also the co-workers I had were good people to work with the synergy was great. I have missed working at CHEP if opportunity presents itself I would work there again
Stable place to work
Asset Productivity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2015
• Developed multiple databases, reports and metrics in key areas, which improved the management and performance.
• Worked with neighboring department ad-hoc requests to develop reports/databases, improving vision of our department’s accessibility and ease to work with.
• Improved Asset Productivity reporting accuracy and processing time through Access Automation.
• Designed a standard methodology to evaluate stock take losses. Obtained favorable resolution of General Mills audit - $900K. Model has since been used as the base data for pre-audit reviews to reduce/eliminate reporting issues prior to audits.
• Monitored and reporting on system data integrity.
Pros
stable place to work
Cons
department eventually was shut down
Supply Chain Solutions Organization
Field Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2014
Outstanding company and great work life balance. Each day is very rewarding thru mitigating issues and coaching policies and procedures to both new and existing employees. I've learned a great deal and taught as much on Supply Chain Management. My co-workers are the best and they too enjoy the company. No hard parts of the job and I find developing others as my most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a