CHEP

CHEP Employer Reviews

Lots of opportunities to grow and learn
Third Shift Supervisor of Plant Operations (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2014
1. Lots of growing and placement opportunities
2. challenging enough to make you learn
3. Pleanty of overtime available
4. Great people to work for.
Leaders in Pallet Leasing
Sales Manager - National Accounts (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCApril 15, 2014
CHEP is a dynamic company that has seen phenomenal growth since its launch in 1990. The rapid growth has also been much of the challenge for the business as asset control has been an ongoing issue to deal with.

Constant change in Senior Leadership has also been a challenge. Most executives come in with the right ideas, but shareholder returns end up – more... dictating the direction of the company rather than customer solutions.

CHEP has secured a place in the US and World Wide Grocery Supply Chain, but competition is constantly nipping at their heels. To date, CHEP has not given much heed to the competition, but the longer it remains, the more challenging it will become for the CHEP business model to succeed. A more agile management structure will be needed and a current central control has taken away the flexibility and responsiveness that secured CHEP's initial success. – less
Ok place to start
Planning Account Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: organized company
Cons: over worked and underpaid
Stay away from Logistics and you will be fine. I learned a lot on systems. Management needs to be more engaged with employees and create a work life balance.
Wonderful colleagues and management
European Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee), Weybridge, ENGMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good management, room for progression
Cons: a bit of a boring product to get used to, the real con was that i had to move countries and leave this job
9 to 5 job with a lunch break
I learned about pallets! and that France closes all month of August!
Wonderful management always ready to listen
Friendly co-workers
Learning the details of the product took a little time
All in all it was a wonderful office, location and people
Productive place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Griffin GaMarch 13, 2014
When i came to work my job was to load and unload materials off and onto trailers.Load certain materials onto assembly lines
and assemble products on assembly lines as needed. The management was great to work around. My co-workers were the best. The hardest part of the job was working overtime. The best thing about this job was over-time.
ok place too work. Fast pace at times.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Lima, OHFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: alot of hours.
Cons: working for labor ready (staffing)
Load and unloading trucks. Made sure that the production lines has their product for the shift.
It was a revolving door
PLANT QUALITY AND OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Constant change and people leaving left a lot of things in a state of up in the air. Need long term people for long term growth.
Great place before moving HQ to Atlanta
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of growth opportunities
Opportunities in Operations and other customer support services, but Finance and Accounting jobs are limited.
A rather typical company
SAP Finance, Logistics, Sales & STOs (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2013
Pros: for me - local to home - no week long or longer trips out-of-town!
Cons: none come to mind.
The Latin American contingent were all very focused and professional to work with. Some of the domestic 'silos' were a little difficult to deal with at first, although they had some valid reasons for being so. All-in-all, the project was going well, but was seriously over budget (getting to be typical in SAP projects), and had to cut back earlier than – more... originally planned. – less
SAP Analyst / ID Developer Consultant (Former Employee), ORLANDODecember 12, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere, great work ethic on behalf of the people there.
Cons: long drive from tampa :~)
I am NOT one of those that will take time to review unless it is warranted. I had a WONDERFUL opportunity to work for CHEP, Orlando. My interaction with the people at CHEP was truly amazing. They were kind and wonderful to work with. I felt like I was part of a team, and the company culture clearly promotes that concept.
Former employee
Finance (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GADecember 9, 2013
Compensation packages are very competitive, however the organization has poor track record of managing supply chain and operation costs so as a result they periodically do overhead cost reductions ( labor) to offset. Its a common practice there. They account for time to refill positions as cost benefit to meet fiscal year budget requirements. In addition, – more... being an company with overseas Executives, they tend to make executive decisions without concern for subsidiaries. Its impossible for blanket decisions to be made from "Australia" and expect it to 100% applicable in Chep USA, Chep Asia, Chep Africa at the same time. More localized executives is required.
I would not recommend this place as a long term career option. As a short term option most definitely. – less
The most enjoyable part of this job was calling on the customers and finding new opportunities to deliver value.
National Accounts Sales Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2013
Pros: home office
Cons: sales leadership
Sales management is lacking in this organization as are career opportunities for advancement.
Great Place to work ,
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 12, 2013
I worked there 12 years , Very good place to work , Great people
Great Leadership at Americas
Director of IT, Americas (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2013
Pros: unified leadership, common understadning of customer #1
Cons: all those great leaders are no longer running the org
Leadership accountabilities
Communication from top to bottom
Collective and shared goals
all in as 1Team
Fast pace
Pallet Repair (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: they were having managment issues
Hard work, something my body had to get use to. Lifting 80 pound pallets for 8 hours, hammering nails were they are needed on both sides of the pallets, throwing the very bad pallets to get rerepaired, witha goal of 500 pallets a day per two man team. A very good learning experience because it was something that I've never done before. The most hardest – more... part about the job was the body aches at the end of the day. – less
Professional, Teaches you to be highly adaptable, Offers many opportunties to grow with-in the company
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2012
Pros: wonderful co-workers, great benefits, many social work related activities to bring us closer etc
Cons: high stress environments - but worth it!
This is by far the best company I've had the pleasure of working for. I have nothing but positive feelings towards CHEP and my former CHEP family. I had to leave due to personal issues following my mother's death. I would be more than honored to rejoin this company.
Worst place to provide for your family
Repairman (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: ok pay while you're on your probation period
Cons: not safe, too much contamination, not enough pay
This job is a rip off. They expect you to build or rebuild 65 lb pallets for .37 each and if it isnt done the way the qc wants it they flip it off the line. Come on really? Not for .37.If I had a second chance I wouldn't dare try this company. The belt line breaks every other day. The maintenance men are disrespectful and couldn't fix anything if their – more... job depended on it. I can honosetly say you will regret working here. Theres rats, roaches, and all types of creatures. One time they sent a pallet down with a nest of black widow spiders and oh yea by the way you don't get benefits til a year later... To sum it all up, this isn't a great place for you to turn your life around unless this is your last resort. – less
Productive, Team Player, Self Starter, easy to get along with
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 6, 2012
Pros: free dinner, great work environment, etc.
Cons: no cons, the pros outweigh the cons
A typical day at work consist of handling customer inquiries, answering phones, billing out invoices, etc. Everyday at work is a learning experience, you can never know to much. I do have management skills, every so often we would get new hires so, I would train & supervise them until they felt comfortable enough to be on their own. I got along great – more... with my co-workers. Sometimes the stress level could be a little high but, most times, it was laid back. I enjoyed & loved my co-workers. I looked forward to going to work everyday. I would bring in cheesecake for the fellas, etc. It was an enjoyable place to work, I have no complaints for or from my co-workers or supervisors. – less
Coordinator Operations & SAP Key user
Coordinator Operations & SAP Key user (Former Employee), La Garenne-Colombes-FranceApril 22, 2014
Everyday, I was in charge of :
- The Management and workflow analysis (SAP & BW) : Production Order Confirmation, Create and correct production order template on SAP, creation deliveries and shipment, physical inventory reconciliation, followed stock in transit, closing plants on SAP, export and analyse spreadsheet from SAP...
- The Administrative control, – more... daily, weekly and monthly KPI reports :Tracking, Deliveries status reports, weekly report activities, plants evaluation...
- Training the warehouse's staff on SAP
I learn how to use SAP and EXCEL, how to do process and explain them.
The hardest part of the job was to be, very reactive and solve problems very fast.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn more and more everyday because problems were different. – less
it is productive and very funny, we work as a team.
foreman (Current Employee), Boksburg, GPMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free tea (tea bags & sugar)
Cons: long hours
i learn about production in the work area as it was the first time in life working in production company.the management is very good because we have a management meeting every Monday and a safety meeting everyday, me and my co-workers have a very good working relationship, we work as a team and we understand the working environment very well. there – more... is no hardest part of my job just because i enjoy doing my work, the most enjoyable part is that l work under a production company where l see the process of production everyday. – less

About CHEP

Brambles hopes customers will call on  CHEP to help them schlep goods through the supply chain. Brambles' primary subsidiary is CHEP, – Read more