Office Location: Fountain Valley, CA
About the Job and Company:
We are a fun-loving group of young professionals that work hard. If you have a good sense of humor and want to be in a warm, humble, creative, hands-on learning environment, this is the internship for you. If you are looking for an uptight, corporate Ad Agency feel this is not the right place. We are an Ad Agency with many big clients, but we a small company. This will be beneficial to you because you will be more likely to be involved in an ad campaign and for-see the beginning to the end of the process. This experience is extremely important if you are considering a paid marketing job in the future.
The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, and posses an understanding of basic media relations skills, an ability to interact professionally with clients, and good judgment. A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary. The public relations intern will be mentored by a professional media buyer and planner as well as a TV show producer who will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Interns will work between 15-25 hours a week during instruction or if they have a part-time job and 40 hours during Summer. This is an UNPAID internship but is a great platform for anyone who wants to build a great resume, gain hands-on experience and make connections. At the end of this 3 months, if you work hard, you will either receive:
1/ A great reference letter
2/ A job offer
3/ We will also let you know of any openings and opportunities from or media partners and clients.
We want to spend time to get to know you, work with you on a few projects and see if you are trustable, reliable and be able to represent our company well if you do become a team-member.
The biggest issue is trust for us and we like to see that through actions and time first. We are a small growing company with big clients and we don't want to take any risks or loose our credit with them. If you would like to either learn, gain experience and make new connections, this is the place for you.
- Should know or want to learn about production, basic camera filming, and video editing.
- Should be well-rounded and eager to try new things
- Should work well with others
- Drafts basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials as directed.
- Carries out special and media event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by the public relations specialist or counselor.
- Attends and participates in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations, traffic meetings and brainstorming sessions as directed.
- Assists with the development and updating of media lists and other databases, including client, marketing, prospect and administrative databases. Other tasks include database creation, data entry and update additions and corrections. The intern will provide data output in the form of letters, fax lists, data lists and other reports as requested by account staff.
- Assists with the distribution of client information/materials or the firm’s marketing materials. Also ensures completeness and accuracy of information and assists with the management of destination lists, and coordination of fax, mailing or broadcast fax activities. In addition, conducts appropriate follow up when necessary.
- Assists with the management of outside vendors to successfully complete outside work, including, but not limited to printing of materials, renting of audio/visual equipment, photography, graphic arts services or supplying needed products.
- Assists with administrative duties including fax processing, sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned.
- Assists with the management of newspaper and periodical inventories for easy access.
- Supports the firm’s efforts by drafting new client releases and performing research activities.
- Assists firm staff with other client, business development and firm management projects as
Please email us your resume and cover letter along with a professional picture.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Chereen Media is a Marketing and Advertising Agency that provides its customers with professional marketing, advertising, and video...