Cherokee Health Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Stressful environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJune 21, 2016
Even if you were a hard worker, it didn't matter. You were just a number. It was very stressful environment.
There was no chance for growth or advancement.
Accomplished and fulfilled a job with heart and soul
Certified Application Counselor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 2, 2015
The importance of assisting and enrolled patients in the areas of Indigent Care , the Marketplace and Medicaid TNcare has been such a thrilled success for me as a Certified Application Counselor.
Seeing peoples faces and relieved for getting health Insurance makes me feel that I done my job with a sincere heart and mind.
Pros
Assisting and enrolling patients in several health programs
Cons
Healthcare website not working properly.
Very easy job drawing labs.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, TNMay 5, 2015
Typical days were not busy. I would have maybe 8 labs to draw.I had very nice co-workers and always had fun with them. I liked it when we were busy slow days were long.
Pros
Not hard work
Cons
Heathcare
An integrated healthcare system focused on the behavioral and medical well being of those that don't have insurance or at or below the poverty level.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville,TennesseeSeptember 24, 2014
A typical day at work is to coordinate operational flow in the medical arena; assisting staff, providers, and patients as needed.
Wonderful place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJuly 1, 2014
I loved working at Cherokee and I miss it so much! It was the best place I have ever worked. My coworkers and employers were wonderful, supportive and helpful.
Pros
holidays, coworkers, trainings. positive atmosphere
Has a great mission, but the employees are just numbers and are viewed as dispensable. I would not recommend this company to any health professional.
Healthcare professional (Current Employee) –  East TennesseeMay 5, 2014
The mission of integrated care is fantastic. However,the management has the attitude that the employee is lucky to be apart of this company and have the Mon-Fri dayshift schedule. With this attitude, the employee is seen just as a number and replaceable. The employees have no voice in this company. If you don't like it,either lump it or leave. In 7 years, the owner/COO never spoke to me,even when coming into the department. In 7 years, I never once observed the management admitting to being wrong on any occasion.

There is definitely no family feel to this company. The family feel can come from the individual departments, but not overall. As a matter of fact, the most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients and doing it alongside coworkers that I considered like family. I believe the downfall of this company will be its lack of appreciation and motivation of its employees. Employees' opinions and feedback are not wanted, much less valued. Management does not perform yearly evaluations to provide motivation,incentive,or constructive criticism to the employee. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
schedule, helping patients
Cons
poor management
Enjoyable Workplace
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville,TNApril 4, 2014
I enjoy my job and co-workers.The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting my patients and giving them the adequate care needed.
Great place to start
LPN- Regional Clinical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 29, 2013
I love the mission statement for Cherokee. They are dedicated to working and helping the less fortunate patients without insurance. They help provide services that these patients may not otherwise have access.
A very stressful job...Too much backstabbing from fellow employees
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 28, 2013
Non stop work, from the time the day begins to the end of the day. The Doctors and Nurses here are very good, but the office employees are terriable.
I was an interpreter, with a great clientel to attend
Receptionist/ Translator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNMay 3, 2013
I would enter personal information into the data base, make appointments for patients, as well as recieve co-payments and verify medical insurance. I would interpret for hispanic patients for their medical and mental health appointments, as well as helping them to recieve the services they were looking for else where if necessary (for example DHS for medical insurance or Dentists).
Pros
1 hour lunch, payed hollidays
Cons
high cost for medical insurance, and the lack of accomadation when my daughter's surgery was coming up
A great place to work
Research Analyst, Research and Analysis Department (Current Employee) –  Talbott, TNDecember 16, 2012
Wonderful administration
Good work environment
Exceptional training environment
Learned programming skills
Worked with quality professionals
Rewarding place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJuly 7, 2012
The experience I have gained through working with CHS has provided valuable stepping stones to my future. My day consists of anwering phones and dealing with patient issues. I am able to resovle many of their problems efficiently and directly. My co-workers are very warm and friendly and always willing to help wherever needed.
Good company overall.
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Talbott, TNApril 6, 2012
The IT department was small with little room for advancement. They were good people and I really learned and grow there. My co worker were friendly and hardworkig. we had 500 people to support that there were only 5 of us. We were busy but did not seem to be overworked.
Pros
good health care beifits.
Cons
no room for advancement.
A wonderful company whose "heart is in the right place".
Therapist (Former Employee) –  5th Street in Morristown, TNDecember 14, 2011
I sometimes wonder why I ever left that company because there were so many things about it that were appealing to me. I got to work with SPMI patients, we had regular treatment team meetings to discuss problems, we had therapist supervision, but all of that changed to a more "business" atmosphere when new management came in.
Pros
company paid for continuing education, immediate supervisors, doctors, were fantastic to work with
Cons
long drive to work, new management was "nit-picky" and annoying
Ever changing
Knoxville, Tennessee (Former Employee) –  Regional Vice-PresidentNovember 8, 2011
Very hard to keep up with the expectations changes day today.
Pros
no weekend work.
Cons
provider turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cherokee Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8