Cherokee Nation Businesses

Cherokee Nation Businesses Employee Reviews

Contractors not included
Hydrologic Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaMay 16, 2015
Pros: Paid time off, medical benefits are great
Cons: I don't know the staff well
Cherokee Nation seems like a fantastic company and group to work with, but being contracted through them leaves you with no real connection to their staff, offices or work functions.
Productive work environment
Financial/Project Management, Port (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: percent match on 401K
Cherokee Nation Businesses care about their employees. A typical day would be 7:30 - 4:30. 40 hours are the required hours, however if you fall short and don't have the time to make it up before the end of the pay period you will have to use your PTO. If you have the time to do extra hours you can do so and not use your PTS. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, they have a great group of people working in the company.
Small business
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasFebruary 9, 2015
Small business who tends to partner with Booze Allen Halmiton. Not a bad place to work for. Seems hard to break into management. They have only been active for a few years and have not figured out how to grow from within.
Intense Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: wages and bonuses
Cons: operational associates treated poorly
The job security is great and so is the pay. Management needs some training.
Structured and friendly environment
Intern - Public Relations (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: lunch, co-workers
Cons: hourly, no benefits
A typical day includes going into our online media site called VOCUS to start my daily tracking of Cherokee Nation Businesses. It's my job to make sure all of the articles either press released or earned is in our system. Later in the day, I work on the same idea but with CNB's newspapers. I also help with setting up events. I learned how to organize my time better. My co-workers always kept me positive and motivated about my work activities. The hardest part at first was getting used to new environment. The most enjoyable would be chatting with co-workers about a particular project and helping with an event
Productive and Fun
Safety Coordinator I (Current Employee), Catoosa, OKMay 8, 2014
Ensures that the safety policies and procedures are followed throughout assigned CNE properties, provides interpretations and expertise to management on nationally recognized fire and safety codes, conducts monthly safety inspections and written audit reports, prepares and submits written reports of all findings with risk for accidents or injuries, daily or as necessary, reviews and investigates all employee accidents to determine the actual cause and ensures that action is taken to prevent similar accidents
Fun place to work but no chance for advancement
Safety Coordinator II (Current Employee), Catoosa, OKMarch 25, 2014
Too political in nature, if you are not related to a tribal council member or have every worked at Wal-Mart, you will not go anywhere with this company.
Great company to work for
Information Security Administrator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2014
While working for Cherokee Nation, I learned so much. I went from cleaning the corporate offices to working in them.
Work hard, play harder
Auditor - Audit Services (Current Employee), Catoosa, OKApril 20, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, highly family oriented
Cons: political environment
Everyone is incredibly helpful, we work together on projects. This is a teaching environment, management and staff work close and management wants everyone to succeed in their goals. This department strives to promote from within.
nonprofit parent company for all Cherokee Nation
Staff Auditor (Former Employee), Lakewood Colorado, United StatesDecember 21, 2012
Pros: creating jobs for the citizens of cherokee in oklahoma and other states
a company wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation and serves as a holding company for all the Cherokee Nation's for-profit entities.
have a company in the aerospace and defense, information technology, security and safety, the environment, development, health care and other industries.
All CNB good profits reinvested into job creation or social services for the citizens of the tribe.
A company that has lost focus of its values
Auditor II (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2012
Pros: work in a casino environment
Cons: terrible management, poor attitudes of employees, badly designed audit department
The internal audit group spends all of its time micromanaging and browbeating their employees. I have never had such a soul crushing job. I can not stress enough to look for employment elsewhere.
Good starter job
Staff Auditor (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2012
Pros: cheap benefits
Cons: micro management, political
The was a great starter job but unfortunately they loved to micromanage the staff and point out what you do wrong instead of positive affirmation.
Hard rock
TOURNAMENT AND PROMOTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
The preferential hiring process that CNE employs often puts less capable job candidates in important positions. Communication between departments is terrible, and expect zero problem resolution. As a manager I was often told to decrease the quality of work environment in order to pre certain employees to quit. Benefits for the company are great, maybe the best around. Expect a stressful work environment with little advancement opportunities.
good place to work
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Catoosa, OKMay 12, 2012
good place to work if you are a Cherokee

will post more info another time
Great atmosphere
INTERNAL AUDITOR III (Current Employee), Catoosa, OKApril 18, 2012
Pros: everything
Wonderful place to work. Great opportunities in many different industries.
Asset Administrator (Former Employee), Catoosa, OKApril 4, 2012
Pros: benefits, bonuses, great work environment
I moved up quickly to the Asset Administrator position. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and really felt like I could go to my manager for just about anything.

Cherokee Nation Businesses Salaries