Cherokee Nation Employee Reviews

Impersonal management
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 29, 2016
Working fro a contracting company you feel very out of the loop. It was very hard to pick up the phone and get any answers. Your contracting company does not really know anything about the site you are working at.
Pros
compensation
Cons
not feeling like a team
Job is close to home
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Wharton, NJJune 28, 2016
Manage over 7 projects daily.
My co-workers are great
The hardest part of my job is working on a project without proper drawings and scope
Pros
Commute
Cons
Working for the governmant
Awesome to work for. I just started this company.
UH-60 Airframe/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJune 27, 2016
Love government contractor. have 10 years experiences with military contractor. Being to Afghanistan and iraq.Awesome to work for. I just started this company.
do all kinds of work
Day Worker (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJune 26, 2016
the thing about being a day worker is that you really never know what you will be doing the next day when you show up. I have done everything from being inside janitor to outdoor landscaping to arts and crafts at the heritage center.
Excellent
Work Experience Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stilwell, OKMay 6, 2016
answer phones
using computer
copy
fax
setting up people for jobs and work keys
love this place
hardest thing is learning how to deal with customers on the phone.
time management is something i learned here and neatness
Pros
answer phones, using computers
Cons
waking up early
Cherokee Nation
Director, Communication/Government Relations (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 14, 2016
Probably one of the best large employers in all of Indian country. They offer a competitive growth opportunity for young professionals who wish to build a career working for the Cherokee Nation.
Pros
Outstanding benefits
Cons
Internal tribal politics can sometimes make work life a challenge. Especially if you not Cherokee.
great place to work
Buyer III (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 8, 2016
great place to work and great atmosphere in a busy setting in a great city to live.
i would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great place to work.
Productive and interesting workplace with wonderful co-workers and management interactions
Day Training - Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJanuary 11, 2016
While working with the Cherokee Nation I have been able to form many quality working relationships that will help me in furthering my career.
not enough pay through day work
Day Work Client (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKJuly 17, 2015
It was frustrating that you didn't get paid enough to do what they expected of you and required you to do much more work then you'd expect. the workers there are lazy and make the day work workers do their work for them for the most part.
Pros
no pros``
Cons
not enough pay for what is requested of you
good place to work and start with the nation and advance
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  nowata okJune 15, 2015
a good place to work and grow with the Cherokee nation and advance it gives u a chance to learn and grow with a company and advance and have good benefits and job security
Pros
good people and good benifits
Cons
could pay more hourly
Productive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2015
Always helping a student in need by supplying school supplies as needed. Attending conferences to help better the program
Great Place to Work
Child Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMay 19, 2015
Cherokee Nation is a great place to work and allows for its workers to improve by offering them many chances to learn new skills.
Productive and fun place to work
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMarch 12, 2015
A day at work was very rewarding. I learned a lot from the students in how to related to each of them. Management was easy to talk to when you needed some help in a situation with a student. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was I wanted to be more involved with the students. I really enjoyed seeing a student succeed and their confidence raised.
benefits
Cons
no cons
Program Analyst
Senior Business Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 4, 2015
Conduct evaluations, engineering design systems and procedures for DS-IP Real and Personal Property.
Conduct work simplification, prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Program analysis and management presentations, Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) Analysis, Facilities Operations Research Analysis and inventory Managers Reviews of reports and data. Created a detailed out line in Viso as to the internal structure within SharePoint with user lists attached for maintenance purpose of the site.
Loved working there busy and fast paced.
Day Work (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Coming to work changing into nice clean uniforms and greeting other employees was always the start of the shift. Doing house keeping duties and using cleaning equipment, vacuums, floor buffers, and cleaning rags etc..
Pros
love the casino atmosphere
Cons
had to quit cause was moving
Excellent pay and benefits
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJanuary 28, 2015
It was easy work for a lot of money. The people there were all easy to get along with. It would be a great place to have a career. All Cherokee Nation departments were very organized and worked together to keep things running smooth.
Workplace enviroment and customer service
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJune 28, 2014
Stayed very busy for the most part. I learned how to stay calm and remain polite even when some client were not pleasant to work with. Management expected top performance, we had monthly meetings and each employee knew what was to be expected in regards to their positions held. Co workers were amazing and we all helped one another if needed. The hardest part of the job was during the summer when we not only had our regular clients but also had the summer youth, basic skills, and internship programs were all going on at the same time. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with the summer youth.
Pros
execellent work enviroment
Cons
no room to advance
I had a pleasant experience.
Day Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OkNovember 7, 2013
Everyone is very nice there. They were very help full in helping find what I want to do in life.
great work place
Public Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKAugust 20, 2013
Paid holidays, professional, good wages, clean work place, money for supplies, paid travel, paid mileage
Pros
worked with schedules
Cons
drive
a lot more fun to work 1st time around
Work Study Employee (Former Employee) –  Sallisaw, OKApril 21, 2013
Worked a lot of double shifts because some employees were more worried about partying. I had a lot of customers that would come across the casino just to stand in my line because they were regulars and I was so friendly, plus it seemed like I was always there.
Pros
guests gave tips
Cons
management wasn't friendly

4.2