Cherokee Nation Employee Reviews

good place to work and start with the nation and advance
Warehouse worker (Current Employee), nowata okJune 15, 2015
Pros: good people and good benifits
Cons: could pay more hourly
a good place to work and grow with the Cherokee nation and advance it gives u a chance to learn and grow with a company and advance and have good benefits and job security
Productive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2015
Always helping a student in need by supplying school supplies as needed. Attending conferences to help better the program
Great Place to Work
Child Support Specialist II (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKMay 19, 2015
Cherokee Nation is a great place to work and allows for its workers to improve by offering them many chances to learn new skills.
Productive and fun place to work
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKMarch 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no cons
A day at work was very rewarding. I learned a lot from the students in how to related to each of them. Management was easy to talk to when you needed some help in a situation with a student. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was I wanted to be more involved with the students. I really enjoyed seeing a student succeed and their confidence raised.
Program Analyst
Senior Business Program Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 4, 2015
Conduct evaluations, engineering design systems and procedures for DS-IP Real and Personal Property.
Conduct work simplification, prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Program analysis and management presentations, Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) Analysis, Facilities Operations Research Analysis and inventory Managers Reviews of reports and data. Created a detailed out line in Viso as to the internal structure within SharePoint with user lists attached for maintenance purpose of the site.
Loved working there busy and fast paced.
Day Work (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: love the casino atmosphere
Cons: had to quit cause was moving
Coming to work changing into nice clean uniforms and greeting other employees was always the start of the shift. Doing house keeping duties and using cleaning equipment, vacuums, floor buffers, and cleaning rags etc..
Excellent pay and benefits
Carpenter (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJanuary 28, 2015
It was easy work for a lot of money. The people there were all easy to get along with. It would be a great place to have a career. All Cherokee Nation departments were very organized and worked together to keep things running smooth.
Workplace enviroment and customer service
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJune 28, 2014
Pros: execellent work enviroment
Cons: no room to advance
Stayed very busy for the most part. I learned how to stay calm and remain polite even when some client were not pleasant to work with. Management expected top performance, we had monthly meetings and each employee knew what was to be expected in regards to their positions held. Co workers were amazing and we all helped one another if needed. The hardest part of the job was during the summer when we not only had our regular clients but also had the summer youth, basic skills, and internship programs were all going on at the same time. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with the summer youth.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Records Management (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAApril 13, 2014
The management is amazing.Very dependable job. Great place to work for. Always there to assit you. Always learing something new.
I had a pleasant experience.
Day Care Assistant (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OkNovember 7, 2013
Everyone is very nice there. They were very help full in helping find what I want to do in life.
great work place
Public Health Educator (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKAugust 20, 2013
Pros: worked with schedules
Cons: drive
Paid holidays, professional, good wages, clean work place, money for supplies, paid travel, paid mileage
a lot more fun to work 1st time around
Work Study Employee (Former Employee), Sallisaw, OKApril 21, 2013
Pros: guests gave tips
Cons: management wasn't friendly
Worked a lot of double shifts because some employees were more worried about partying. I had a lot of customers that would come across the casino just to stand in my line because they were regulars and I was so friendly, plus it seemed like I was always there.
GREAT place
Case Worker (Former Employee), oklahomaFebruary 6, 2013
Great training
Great people
Great benefits
Everyone seems very responsible, and its is not crazy but very family oreinted.
They fired me without cause
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee), Pryor, OKJanuary 4, 2013
Cons: machinist's talents are judged by nonmachinists with an impossible standard to meet.
I was fired as a machinist for Cherokee Nation. I was given no reason, and my scrap rate was zero. My supervisors praised my work and my abilities. I still was fired. There were no verbal warnings and no written warnings. There was simply no due process.
Fun place to work
Temp (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKAugust 21, 2012
Wonderful staff!!! however there are a lot of people there that think they run the place that was the only down fall in my books.
I enjoyed working with cherokee nation.
Cook 1-Supervisor (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKAugust 2, 2012
Pros: a good place to work
I feel like they worked with me in every way. I learned alot about elders. I enjoyed cooking for them. I enjoyed working with the seniors at the sites. I prepared, cooked, baked, served food. I kept records on our seniors. I ordered foods, etc. cleaned the site. I also answered phones, filed papers, labled and put away groceries.
SERIOUS WORK SITUATION WITH NO FUN
DATA ENTRY (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKJuly 19, 2012
Cons: no breaks, favoritism, and supervisors lacking expierence
FILLING 1000 TO 1200 PRESCRIPTIONS A DAY. I'VE LEARNED A LOT FROM A LOT OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND I CAN DO PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING IF I AM SHOWN HOW TO. MANAGEMENT IN ALL AREAS IS LACKING. MOST CO-WORKERS ARE TOLERABLE AND PLEASANT. THE HARDEST THING I'VE ENCOUNTERED IS CO-WORKERS TEAMING UP ON THE LITTLE GUY. I DON'T ENJOY WORKING FOR MY PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. I WISH I DID
FUN FUN FUN
Customer Service (Former Employee), Claremore, OKJuly 11, 2012
Pros: lots of diffarent people.
Cons: late nights
This place is a blast to work for. You meet lots of new people and make lots of great friends.
Wonderful Citizins, Great Benefits, Too much Drama
Clerk III Registration (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJune 12, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics, and drama
While I loved working with our people, and helping those who needed it, and the benefits are pretty good. The kind of poltics, and drama that comes a long with it, makes working there not worth it for me. I gave it a try in several different entities, and departments, for 5 years and 10 months but I decided it just was not for me.