Cherry Bekaert LLP

Cherry Bekaert LLP Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work, Great Manager and Staff, and Good Pay - Wish it could have lasted longer
Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 19, 2016
I worked there for the tax season, but since it was a temporary administrative position, I couldn't become a permanent employee. I did get to work full time and had a great manager. I enjoyed working with the administrative staff and most of the accountants. They kept me busy so it would make the day go faster and I would feel accomplished. I enjoyed being able to do a variety of tasks and learning many things about accounting. I wish I could have stayed longer/became a permanent admin employee, but I had a wonderful experience!
Pros
Free lunches, good hourly pay, cheap parking, busy day so never bored, great manager and staff, no micro-managing
Cons
Few or no full time permanent administrative positions available; Male-to-female ratio
Toxic culture especially the tax department
Tax (Current Employee) –  tysons cornerAugust 31, 2015
If you interview here - ask about turnover. It's actually absurd. They can't keep people longer than 1.5 years and it's mostly due to management. The audit team is slightly better as the partners there are semi-decent. However, vacation policy sucks and they nickel and dime on perks....BUT they still want you to work as if you are in the big 4.

i would only take a job here if you have no other offers. Vacation days are decent (but if you don't use it before you leave - tough, no payout)
Pros
decent vacation days
Cons
really poor management
Not a good environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2015
Typical public accounting job: long hours and lot of stress
However, the work environment is very negative and management could use improvement.
Cons
Benefits, Management, Work Life Balance
Wonderful work atmosphere
Seasonal Tax Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2015
It is a great place to work for with a positive atmosphere. The people are open to help one another at all times and are very punctual on meeting deadlines.
Productive work place that supports work/life balance
Assurance & Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 10, 2014
Excellent place to work that supports your career development.
Great firm to work for
Tax Internship (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMarch 24, 2014
Cherry Bekaert LLP is a great firm for someone to get involved with if they are trying to get into the public accounting industry. Caring partners and a great environment to learn in.