Cherry Creek School District Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my job.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 2, 2017
I would handle accounts receivable daily. Twice a week I would handle accounts payable. I kept all the records of our clubs and athletic teams in QuickBooks. I did monthly reconciliations and reports.
Pros
The time off.
Cons
Too much work to get done in a day.
Cherry Creek School District - Excellence
Assistant to the Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 30, 2017
I spent many years with Cherry Creek Schools before I moved away from the community. My move is the only reason I left. I worked in an autonomous environment with students, teachers, administrators, parents, coaches, and various community members.
I felt that I contributed to a richer community and expanded my experiences in upbeat, positive ways.
Great students!
Computer Technician / Tech-Support (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 26, 2017
The students at this school are treated more like college students than high-schoolers -- resulting in a slightly higher maturity in the student body. Very great work environment.
It was fine as long as you mind your own business.
Para Professional (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 28, 2017
I worked for Cherry Creek for 6 years and most the time it was good place. I was able to get over time when I needed it. I had good co-workers too. The lounge area was not good. People were rude and loud and bossy. I tried to stay away from that.
Pros
You didn't have a boss over your back
Cons
Lots of training
Cherry Creek Schools - Plenty of Learning and Revamping
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 13, 2017
A typical day = normally in ECE schools, children are ready to learn, listen, and be taught. But by third grade, there seems to be an air of ‘entitlement’. Middle and High School is different. Cell phones dominate, and hormones are raging.

What you learned = too much unmerited freedom given, allowing false independence. Appears no one is listening and/or learning. Teachers (sometimes) look stressed, bewildered.

Management = Teachers seem not to EXPECT/DEMAND the level of respect and work ethic from students as in past. Students are not “grown” they still need a ‘firm, steady hand’ to get things done. Allowing use of CPs all the time is incorrect on so many levels.

Work Place Culture High School = Allowance of “false independence, entitlement” where students feel as though they can do anything and not have repercussions/consequences to their actions/decisions. Typically, they are plugged into their “pacifier” (CPs). Teachers use them as bargaining chips to get things done or as an ‘award’ for doing work with earbuds/head phones to have them remain ‘quiet’ or to keep them “busy” (thus given ‘pacifier name’).

The Hardest Part of the job = Getting teachers to stay firm and enforce saying NO CELL PHONE usage in classroom, having young people to take school seriously, and to have them know that they DO NOT have right to do/say what they want and be on cell phone. Bring dictionaries back.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the job = being with students in a positive learning safe environment who want to learn, listen, are respectful, are helpful, and put their cell phones away.
Pros
Free lunches, meeting new people, exposed to having “latest” equipment and opportunities
Cons
Short breaks, lack of long-term Sub positions, no healthcare for subs
Lack of Respect
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 8, 2017
Lack of respect/support for employees who are not at the administrator level. Culture is very much concentrated only on taking care of senior administrators. Turnover is high for employees not at that level.

Significant amount of "internal relations" which the Board of Education turns its back on. Superintendent is narcissistic, therefore setting the tone as such.

Enjoyable part was supporting the children within the school district.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Horrible superintendent/administrators
Many different locations
Support Leader (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CO 80112August 29, 2017
It just deoends on what you are doing in the district and if you are lucky enough to have amazing staff with you. Once my managers left it became a deoressing environment and the higher ups do not care about you.
Pros
Kids are awesome!
Cons
Kids are naughty. Lol. If you get the wrong manager your job is totally different.
Great district
Sixth/Seventh/Eighth Grade Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 16, 2017
Wonderful district to teach in! Good pay and benefits. Can be thought to change schools though. Most schools are excellent with great reputations. Decent union too!
Having fun while teaching future college students
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 10, 2017
Amazing place to work as an AVID tutor, you get to get with AVID students 2 times a week and teach them about the importance of education and help them out with not only school needs but also social and emotional help.
Pros
Working with awesome kids
Cons
Monthly pay
Fun work place.....BUT
Irrigation Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2017
Fun workplace, but no place for advancement unless you know someone in higher places...Have tried on numerous occasions to advance and keep getting told the same thing...
Pros
Lots of paid time off
Cons
No advancement based in skills

Want to know more about Cherry Creek School District?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2017
Great working relationships. Good company. Pay was under scale. No advancement unless applied for a different job. Paid time off was good. Flexibility was good.
Support
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 31, 2017
No enough support for the Special education department, the deans and teachers did not follow through with the guidelines put in place for our students.
Fully paid CDL training
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 16, 2017
School bus driving is not for everyone, but the folks I worked with as in the drivers and bus assistants were mostly wonderful people. Each terminal has its own management. One of the terminals I worked at was great and well run. Another was messy and full of gossip and very unprofessional.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Kids
Best job ever!
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 9, 2017
This company is the best I've ever worked for. Although I was just a simple childcare assistant, they started a retirement plan for me within the company, and were always flexible with scheduling. The locations I worked at were extremely organized and well-knowledgeable about the company and child care.
Fantastic district with great people
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 26, 2017
Cherry Creek School District is an outstanding district to work for. If you're looking to work in education I can't recommend this district enough. Pay is always limited when you work in this sector though.
Cherry Creek School District
Substitute Teacher (K-6) (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 21, 2017
It was a pleasure working in the Cherry Creek School District. The principals, teachers and support staff were wonderful to work with. The district was very progressive.
Education, Special Education
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 16, 2017
Typical school day, learned a lot about the education system and special education. Work place culture is fast paced. Hardest part of job is disorganization sometimes. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping students learn and gain new skills.
Pros
Self satisfaction for making a difference
Cons
No benefits, very few breaks, disorganization
I loved the kids
Secretary, Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 10, 2017
I was able to work in a school with my special needs daughter and all the other kids and I loved it. The teachers were pretty nice, too. The hours were early, so you could get a lot done during the day.
Pros
The Kids
Cons
The pay
fast paced,innovative and good place to work.
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 8, 2017
The Cherry Creek school district is a top notch school district to work for. They put students educational needs as a priority. It is a very well respected school district in the state.
Productive, friendly, energetic place to be at
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work goes by fast! It's fun, easy and you love doing what you do. I think the hardest part is not knowing what non verbal kids want or need... I love doing what I do and being able to be welcomed into their world
Pros
We always have food!
Cons
Not enough instructions from teachers on what to do with students