Chesapeake Energy

Chesapeake Energy Employer Reviews

Chesapeake was a good company to work for.
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 11, 2015
They took good care of there people, I worked for a great superintendent, he was very pleasant to work for. They paid well.
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2015
I loved my time at CHK. Each day was filled with a new challenge and I looked forward to meeting those head on. I made some life long friends in the process.
Excellent Employer
Senior Lease Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent salary and bonus. stock grants, 70, 000 square foot fitness center
Multi tasking, very high paced.
Gained a multitude of knowledge about Oil and Gas Land work.
Management was great and wanted you to grow.
Co-workers were a pleasure.
Hardest part was saying No when several people have asked me to do other tasks. This was including my normal duties.
Most enjoyable part was maintaining the integrity of the data I was responsible for.
Fast Pasted
Accounting Assistant III (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 27, 2015
Awesome place to work and there is always lots to do and learn. Great co-workers to learn from and bounce ideas off of.
Upper management needs to work on their communication skills.
Very supportive of staff
Manager, Safety & Training (Former Employee), Charleston, WVFebruary 12, 2015
I strongly believe that in addition to my EH&S experience and knowledge, Chesapeake supported the systems to maintain a safe and healthy work place,
very good place to work ,very good company
Oil Rig Truck driver (Former Employee), OKFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: no cons
best job a person could have. All employees and management are professional and friendly. Everyone lends a helping hand
HOURLY PAID
Local Crude Oil Truck Driver (Current Employee), Pearsall, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: greta benefits, and company perks
Cons: poor management
WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. HAD GOOD EQUIPMENT. GREAT BENEFITS. HOME DAILY, AWSOME PAY. COMANY SOLD CRUDE OIL DIVISION. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. AFTER RELOCATION OVER 1200 MILES.
I'm still currently working the same position today. We were just bought out by another company which was Chevron USA
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), hobbs new mexicoFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no job security
My job duties remain unchanged, the company that I was working for (Chesapeake Energy) was just bought out by another company which is now Chevron. I am still a contract worker but I do love my position there.
Great benefits
Business Process Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: onsite restaurants
Cons: not enough work to fill your day
Great place to work, but not enough work to go around. Corporate red tape and silos still hamper company's ability to be efficient.
Pretty Good Company to Work For
Derrickman (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: many locations, opportunities to learn
Cons: it was easy to get lost among thousands of employees
Job was physically demanding, but there is plenty of opportunity for on-the-job training, it is a large company so you have the opportunity to geographically locate. Turnover was a bit high so it was hard to bond with your crew. Overall it was a positive environment.
Just another day in the patch
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Waynoka OkJanuary 21, 2015
Just another day in the oilfield great place to work, I would recommend it to someone that is looking for a job
Fun Place - No longer Open
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2015
Place is shut down, but I learned how to DJ and Emcee for crowds.
This is just a quick overview of the work i,ve done the last few years
Driver/Heavy Equip. Operator (Current Employee), work out of the woodward ok yardJanuary 13, 2015
We,re usually up at 5am take a look at our equip. get it lit off an running, on location we pretty well know our duties, safety is of the up most importance, what we do is very dangerous, we move oil an gas drilling rigs, there,s not much room for error, i operate a 950H CAT loader with a set of 9' forks, this tractor weighs in at approx. 53k pounds and will lift half its weight, its quite a balancing act. This is the only tractor in a 3 piece rig moving team, the other two are trucks. On a normal day there are usually 6 pieces of equip. on location moving around at random, you constantly have to be aware of your surroundings, not to mention 25-30 workers, there,s no stop an go lights you have to know what you,re doing, running over something or someone is not an option. My coworkers an management team are good people they,ve been trained and have experience, we all work pretty well together, probably the hardest part of this job is staying focused, an dealing with the stress, it can be stressful at times, you,ve got be conscience of the consequences you have people on the ground around you at all times, the wrong move an something could be damaged or worse someone could be hurt or killed, its a demanding job you stay on top of it or do something else, its not for everyone. I supposed the most enjoyable part of this is the people,its a team effort, it takes all of us to do what we do I usually feel a great amount of achievement and satisfaction at the end of the day but as well as i enjoy what i,m doing my background is electrical, mechanical, instruments, management and i,m looking something more on the production side of the industry. Thank You Bob Wright
Data Entry for land/titles and leases
OKC (Temp) (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2015
Entered land/ title documents into system which had to be closely paid attention to detail as well as in a timely fashion.
Production
Equipment Operator II (Former Employee), Pearsall TexasJanuary 6, 2015
2 weeks on 1 week off rotational schedule, Hydraulic Fracturing...Good management...Awesome life long friendships...hardest part was being away from family 2/3rds of the year...loved working with other professional hard working people.
Professional Company With good environmental and safety practices
Disposal Lease Operator (Former Employee), Waynoka, okDecember 28, 2014
Pros: professional company with good environmental and safety practices
Professional company with good environmental and safety practices
dedicated to oil and gas production while inhering to strict OSHA and EPA guidelines. This company has excellent benefits and provides continuous training both online and instructor lead. Overall a good company to work for depending on who you know it seems.
Inflated Salaries/Horrible Culture
I.T. (Former Employee), OKCDecember 26, 2014
Pros: salary, pto
Cons: culture, management, practices, "regulations", the sec
Prepare to be spoiled - in a bad way. Overpaid, overvalued, over-compartmentalized. Things have changed drastically recently, but this is one of the most ridiculous corporate cultures I've ever encountered. It's like a cult, complete with billion-dollar compound, and the "Fearless Leader" is MONEY.
Work Hard
Production Engineering Technician I/II (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 22, 2014
I choose not to disclose my work experience overall with Chesapeake. I will say that it is a sound company with a great future moving forward in the Oil and Gas industry.
Need new mangement
Cook 1 (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 21, 2014
Kitchens have mold in the fridge, some management don't know what they are doing and they are feeding people food that was not prepared properly. They base the pay on how they feel about you 3 years working there and i only made 10.75 an hr. I have a bachelor's degree and a degree in culinary arts
Productive and Team Oriented Fun Working Environment
Accountant - Midstream (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2014
Pros: helpful coworkers and fun working environment
I loved my job there. It was a great pleasure of mine to become a part of Chesapeake Energy Corporation. My hard work and honesty for my team members, supervisors and manager helped the team to progress in our several projects.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chesapeake Energy

Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) is the second-largest producer of natural gas and the 11th largest producer of oil and – Read more

Chesapeake Energy Photos