Chesapeake Energy

Chesapeake Energy Employer Reviews

it was a job
Driver (Former Employee), Athens, PASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no home life
long hours, no home life, but it paid well and the drivers where good people
Productive environment where management always strives to create better processes and efficiencies, but still maintains a fun and rewarding atmosphere
Accountant III (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2014
Pros: on-site gym, restaurants, company parties/events, professional atmosphere, great 401k and insurance
Cons: currently working to overcome difficulties from the last several years
Each employee has a definite set of responsibilities and goals for the month and is able to structure their daily tasks according to due date and priority level. Management is very trusting of employees to perform their work at the highest level without the need for micromanaging, which allows us to work independently and relieve unnecessary pressure. – more... My current team has a great atmosphere for training, asking questions, collaborating to complete projects and automating processes in order to meet department goals. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with; we get along really well, and have good relationships outside of the office which helps us remain positive and excited about work every day. The Management team does a very good job of trying to identify any areas of improvement and act on them quickly. – less
Working in the oilfied industry is a whole new world
Production Assistant II (Former Employee), Victoria, TXJuly 30, 2014
I learned that things can change at the blink of an eye. One day you have a job, the next day you don't. The work is interesting and challenging. I loved being a part of the Chesapeake Team and hope to find another job that welcomes me with my knowledge of the oil/gas industry & HR knowledge.
Great workplace and staff to work with
Corporate Development NGV Market Development (Former Employee), Harrisburg PAJuly 15, 2014
It was truly an honor to work for a Fortune 100 company that cared about their employees growth and development.

The company provided support and research dollars for mostly any project we endeavored that would increase the bottom line of our product.
Great culture and challenging, fast-paced environment
Liquid Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2014
Pros: training opportunities, opportunities for advancement, internal hiring, tuition reimbursement, on-site daycare, on-site state-of-the-art fitness center, multiple places to eat on-campus, travel opportunities, awesome it support
Cons: not located in fort worth, tx anymore
Chesapeake is an amazing company to work for. Management stays involved in employee's lives and they genuinely care about their employee's happiness and success. I have been with the company since 2008, and I truly learn something new every day! My co-workers are like my family. I look forward to going to work every day. The hardest part of the job – more... I currently have is breaking down the silos across multiple groups. It's a culture change the entire company is going through. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pride I feel in my team and my supervisor. We all work very hard together to add the most value to our company that we can, and none of us settle for mediocre work. It's a very stimulating environment and I love the passion that surrounds me within my team as it is highly contagious! We have a very innovative team and together we have brought millions back to our company in the first half of 2014, and are working on millions more! – less
Productive environment
Internship (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2014
Pros: free snacks, coffe
Cons: long lunch breake
I learned all the Human Resource duties and Division order Techninican duties as well as Receptionists duties.
Experienced and gifted people are scarce.
QA Inspection Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 2, 2014
Grew to fast. Lack of coherence. Not enough qualified mentors, too many talented young people with not enough guidance. Re-invent the wheel mentality and lack of cross functional groups. Silo builders.

Waste of time, capital and talent. This is primarily focused upon the old Access Midstream portion, which is now independent.
Solid company
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Waynoka, OKMay 26, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: difficult to move up at local office
Good company with great benefits, generous paid time off.
Friendly environment, great co-workers, approachable management staff.
High stress environment
Executive Assistant/Sr. Admin. Asst. to VP EHS (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: staff reductions/layoffs
Managed calendars for multiple sr. staff members
coordinated department events/activities
Monitored department credit card usage and monthly reconciliation
Coordinated numerous meetings and training sessions
Worked with some excellent co-workers
Hardest part is working through the re-organization of the department and the company and seeing so many – more... good people lose their jobs – less
excellent opportunities for training
EHS Field Safety Representative (Current Employee), Waynoka, OklahomaApril 27, 2014
Chesapeake is a great company. They help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Great place to work, great benefits, wonderful people
EHS Field Specialist/Environmental Technician (Former Employee), Midland, TXApril 16, 2014
Very good environment to work in with lots of friendly caring people.
Productive engaging and fun to go to work everyday
Senior EHS Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 27, 2014
Pros: company truck exspense reimbursment cell phone
Cons: traveled alot
I enjoyed working for Chesapeake and would still be there today if i had not been layed off. Great team atmosphere abnd the culture was amazing.
Great Experience and Fun environment
Field Geologist II (Current Employee), OH/PA/WVMarch 16, 2014
Pros: catered lunch, transportation, housing, etc
Cons: long hours & away from family/friends for long periods of time
Good company to work for. Excellent benefits and compensation.
Good company to work for. Very conscientious of employees at one time. Had many amenities for employees.
Imaging Technician III (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: fitness center, restaurants on campus
Cons: being laid off.
A typical day included scanning hundreds of oil and gas leases into the company system. I learned many different aspects of the oil and gas industry. Working with many different types of people of all ages was a very enjoyable experience. The hardest part was being laid off due to restructuring of the company.
Oilfield goofs
Production Operator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits. safety equipment and some training.
Cons: management, advancement, and company debt.
The management in the field is horrible. Safety glitches from inexperienced managers looking to advance their agenda. A buddy based system. Great employees that care, not the same from the top managers.
Great Company, Amazing Benefits, Unique Culture
Records Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 5, 2014
I've worked at Chesapeake for the last three years, and I can easily say that, so far, it has been my favorite company to work for. The benefits they provide are incredible; Along with the vibrant culture of the campus, Both of these factors make Chesapeake a company that people want to work for.

My current job is Records Support. My daily duties include – more... making sure files are up-to-date, helping out with various projects, and making sure everyone gets the help they need to succeed.

However, my favorite part of my job is the training I'm allowed to partake in. I've received numerous books on leadership/self-improvement; Also, I am very active in our company's Toastmasters club: Toastmasters is a public speaking organization dedicated to helping people become effective leaders by teaching them public speaking and leadership skills. – less
Great work place
Division Order Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2014
I loved working at CHK was fast pace which I really enjoy there was also room for advancement and the benefits were outstanding.
Fast paced work atmosphere
Land Intern (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: not having to leave campus for lunch, gym, daycare, etc...
Cons: reorganization of workforce
Kept busy with co-workers who were willing to help. No two days were the same. Very dynamic work experience.
Great tax department
Tax Accountant (Former Employee), Main CampusJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: good environment, great pay/benefits, training opportunities
Cons: company recently changed senior management, recent large scale layoffs
From day one I felt welcomed to the team. During my time working there I gained valuable experience with oil & gas taxation and tax basis. The management is proactive in helping you find training opportunities.
Provides all the resources you need to perform essential job duties
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2014
Provides all the resources you need to perform essential job duties

1 2 3 4 5

About Chesapeake Energy

Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) is the second-largest producer of natural gas and the 10th largest producer of oil and – Read more

Chesapeake Energy Photos