Chesapeake Energy Employee Reviews

very good
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 22, 2016
The Company policies are the best , a very safe place to work, and train. The most enjoyable part of the job was, my co-workers, and managers .
Work with a sense of urgency and an attention to detail.
Lease Analyst III, CPLTA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 1, 2016
Numerous comprehensive evaluations of leases to determine interest for prospect development teams supported by extensive and detailed spreadsheets to show ownership, operators and lease clauses
Clear and concise analyzing of leases, contracts, and assignments.
Extensive coordination and participation in training, mentoring, and supporting the life of the lease.
We worked as a team and communicated on a daily basis. Remained flexible in order to prioritize according to deadlines. Co-workers were highly motivated and always willing to work together.
The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was the ever changing challenges of the oil and gas industry.
Benefits
Treat employees well
Pressure Vessel Welder (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2016
Treat employees well. Great company to work for. Safety is number one. Great group of people. Would jump at the chance to work for them again. Hated the layoffs.
Field Geologist II (Former Employee) –  Northeast USJuly 18, 2016
A great place to work when the industry is doing well. Great training program to train it's employees and very structured. Mangement was willing to step up when needed. The hardest part of th
productive but hard work
Well Tender (Former Employee) –  Hamlin, WVJuly 10, 2016
Hard work, but you get to be outside in nature. the only problem with that is you will have to be in the snow and heat of summer.
Pros
outside work
Cons
outside work
The best place to work ever.
Senior Land Negotiator (Business Development Unit) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2016
Everything I needed to do my job was at my fingertips at all times. Management was behind me in everything I did. An amazing 13-year experience.
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKJune 4, 2016
This company was excellent to work for and the benefits were outstanding. Created close friends from this environment and the benefits were paid for.
They really made their pasture look "greener" in the beginning.
Pipeline Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 3, 2016
Chesapeake was in the midst of some sort of "growing pains".
It would have been better if not for the shenanigans of it's late Founder and CEO I believe. As a company it was floundering.
Pros
They supplied a truck and gas and a continuously ringing phone.
Cons
Great company to work for.
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 17, 2016
A great company to work for. Always busy. A great work environment. How to work with a variety of different types of people in a different type of environment. The management was good.
The co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with all the lay-offs. The best part of the job was the interactions with other employees of the company itself.
Pros
Friendly environment of the whole company
Cons
The many lay offs
Great facility, nice people, high stress, lots of OT
Accountant III - Auditor Joint Operations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2016
I left early on during the change over in management so I cannot accurately give a review of how the corporate culture or work environment is at CHK currently.
Pros
good benefits, great facilities
Cons
lots of OT
Build and release/devops engineer
Build/Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2016
7+ years of experience in IT Industry with ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process and Build/Release management.
great pay
Construction Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2016
work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. great pay work day hitch work night hitch. Over all another step into the direction to advance my career
Not a great place
OSC Drilling Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2016
toxic environment. Does not allow for freedom to grow and horrible upper management. Money is great, but its not worth it.
Fun Work Enviroment
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2016
Worked as a member of the team that oversaw a company-wide upgrade to MS Office, then as a member of the Help Desk. I really enjoyed my time with Chesapeake and with the people I worked with, and probably would have stayed on if it had not been contract work.
Pros
People were encouraging, work was high-energy
Cons
Contract work
Ok place to work.
Senior Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Cotulla, TXMarch 27, 2016
Daily routine got boring. Did learn more about pumping jacks and heater treaters. Too many Chiefs not enough Indians. Plant operator was great ,my relief operators were not knowledgeable enough. Hardest part would be keeping repairs( all units decided to fail). And you had problem free days.
Pros
good relationship with vendors and Upper management
Cons
long days.
Challenging
Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 7, 2016
Everything about CHK is challenging, it always has been. But if you are up for the rat race in an O&G Operation. The excellent excel and the poor performers perish.

If you want it they will let you go get it. Be prepared to sink/swim. expectations are high and your workgroup will let you know what is expected of you.

The new CEO and Executive Team are Quality people but the prices of CHK commodities drive the bus, Not the Board or CEO.
Pros
Great 401K and Bonuses
Cons
Some middle managers are way too young and cluless.
great place to work if you liked outdoors
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKMarch 4, 2016
Fun place to work outdoors. Worked alone most of the time unless a fellow co-worker needed help or myself needed help with a task. Company provided everything except meals during the day.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 3, 2016
If you like being in an office doing your work by yourself this is the perfect place to work! They are also willing to work with your schedule.
The day to day business of this company is basically the same. You have the areas assigned to you and cover them all monthly.
Well tender (Current Employee) –  Clendenin, WVMarch 2, 2016
Basically I feel it's time for a career change and new challenge. After 35 yrs in this industry, you will continue to learn and gain experience in situations that you may encounter This in turn prepares you to handle any problems which may arise.
Pros
Working outdoors, co-workers and vacation.
Cons
Weather conditions sometimes. Even though we use computers, there is still too much paperwork.
Fast-paced and wonderful work environment
Corporate Events - Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2016
My time at Chesapeake was fast-paced and extremely educational. I was part of a group that managed several events at once. We worked hard, put in several long days and grew as individuals and as a team.
Pros
Traveling Opportunities, Career Exposure

4.2