Chesapeake Energy Employee Reviews

Great company
Pumper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73118July 26, 2017
The head of the field office is not the best person for the job. Overall an awesome company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Couple things could be better by bringing the field and corporate together.
Pros
401k and pay
Cons
Field Management
Good place to work with friendly people. Pay's good. Company sold off in my area.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Perryton, TXJuly 22, 2017
Enjoyed working for Chesapeake for over 3 years. Would still be with them if they had not sold off in my area. Pay was competitive with other company's in the area. Unfortunately the price of oil dropped and they sold off. When the company sold off they treated me well and I was given a severance package.
Pros
Good people, safety first, and good pay
Cons
Company not making enough money and sold off in my area
Fun but very political...
Geophysical Technician I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2017
The culture at CHK is all that I have known in the professional world. It was incredibly fun and focused on keeping people happy. Training on the other hand was much less emphasized upon and ultimately my skills were seen as "no longer adequate" for the position and I was let go with no option of training to bring my skills to where they needed to be.
Chesapeake Energy
Material Master Data Lead (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJuly 19, 2017
Daily: Cross-functional teams, with highly skilled peers, driven to perform. We push each other to make the right decisions for the company; Product, Process & People.

I've learned to be assertive, even in times when I don't have the answers, I do not fear asking the level 1 questions. I've learned to analyze outside of the box and beyond my boundaries. My circle of influence is large enough, tile doesn't matter; if it is the right thing to do, it is the right thing to do.

The hardest part of the job is working with individuals that do not feel empowered to make decisions.

I feel that I've earned the respect of my co-workers, when they call me for my insight & knowledge, they know when they ask a question, I will give them an answer. I do not shy away from hard work, when I'm asked to do something, I deliver great work product. I work well with a team and when nobody wants to step up to lead, I will take the lead. I work just as hard as I ask others to work. I've been involved and lead some very smart and driven employees.
Pros
Experience, Technology, Salary
Cons
Transparency & Open Communication
Long laboring hours
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJuly 18, 2017
Working here taught me a lot determination and energy conservation. I also learn how to use power tools and a bobcat tractor. i was always tired but felt good using my body
Cpa
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2017
I did not care to be a CPA and the life that that entailed. CPA firms work you so long. I felt as though I was selling my life for a little bit of cash. It made me realize that money is not happiness and what is everyone trying to buy.
It's a cool and quick pace job
Serving food (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 3, 2017
It's a pretty cool and a quick pace job to do, it is not a very difficult job, if you just stay on up of the orders. I thing I love about it is that is not that much moving.
Pros
Breakfast and lunch food
Cons
Mixed
good place to work
Payroll Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2017
some micro management, favoritism, learned different technical skills, training in different areas of the payroll department. the hardest part was dealing fellow colleagues jealousy with department
Pros
fitness center on campus
Cons
not being able to take of advantage of different activities on campus
Fast pace
Completion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJune 20, 2017
Wish I still work there, have lots of good people working there. Good safe place to work, strong team, lots of work, can not say enough good things about the team I work with!!!
What I learned
Public Affairs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2017
Put everything in writing.
Has a decent culture but have a life outside of work.
Enjoyed learning new things.
Perks are good.
Pay is fair.
Lots of meetings that actually have value, so I appreciated that.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the politics.
Hard Work
Summer Drilling Site Intern (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJune 18, 2017
The oilfield work is not for the weak hearted. This positon helped me learn a lot about myself. This company works hard at taking care of the employees but the field management puts things under the rug.
different field
Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2017
Just wasn't the best fit for me at all. I wanted to try something outside of law enforcement field but this was a terrible fit. The agency as a whole appeared to be fantastic.
Terrible Company
Land Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 11, 2017
CEO committed suicide in 2015. I'm not sure how much they conduct business now that the oil industry is collapsing in Oklahoma. Got into nursing shortly after leaving this company
Great
SR. BOP TESTER/Technician-HVAC Certified (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 8, 2017
Great job to work at, work environment was excellent and the places you get to see working is absolutely wonderful. Management i have to say was on point and is truly going to be missed.
Enjoyed my years there.
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 1, 2017
Will miss the people. Company was a good company to work for however, job security was always in question because the company was always looking to sell off assets to pay down their debt.
Pros
People, benefits and compensation.
Cons
Company was always looking to sell the asset.
Exciting Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 30, 2017
There are lots of reasons Chesapeake won best place to work year after year and despite lower commodity prices the culture remained. This is a big company with a small family feel.
Great work life balance, great work benefits
Corporate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 30, 2017
Great benefits, pay and facilities for their employees. Great work life balance with restaurants and gym apart of their facilities. Job security at high risk being in the oil industry a lot of layoffs.
Pros
Great pay, employee benefits, work and life balance
Cons
job security, management
Set up for Success
Senior Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXMay 26, 2017
When I began working there I had no idea what they even did. By the time I was laid off and declined to move to Oklahoma City I had become a well seasoned Regulatory professional.
Pros
6 weeks paid vacation, outstanding benefits, coninuing education
Landscaper is a very fun job you get to see parts of Oklahoma you wouldnt normally see on a everyday basis.
Food Handler/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2017
Working with Chesapeake energy was a great learning experience I learned how to become a proper food handler how to properly lift boxes. How to handle meat when the chef needs me to pull it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Couldn't work everyday
Bad Timing
Edge Program (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2017
Was the poster child of innovation and great results. No longer. Earnings releases has them cutting for the sake of staying alive and all the good talent with plan "b's" have departed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chesapeake Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2