Chesapeake Medical Staffing Employee Reviews

Nice temporary agency
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lutherville, MD 21093February 5, 2017
Many postings for nurses. Very few for CT Tecnologist. I have only had one CT related temporary job so far. I have been with the company since May 2016
CMS takes you as far as you want to go
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 4, 2016
I have been employed with CMS for the past 4 years and am proud to say I work for CMS. This agency goes out of their way to provide the nursing jobs and hours specific for me. Everyone in CMS from the CEO (who is an RN) to the schedulers, HR personnel, and the administrative personnel are engaging and always make me feel that they are there just to help me. A nursing career with Chesapeake Medical Staffing is as fulfilling as you want it. Working for CMS allows me to continue teaching in nursing school and maintain my clinical nursing practice.
Pros
Recognition during Nursing Week, crab feast, travel opportunities
Cons
(no cons to speak of)
Not the best, but it's decent
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 26, 2016
They don't always have needs and cases to work everyday, but they will proably asssign you 1 or 2 cases a week. They don't give enough hours. the most hours i've probably worked for Chesapeake Medical Staffing is proably about 25 hours in a week or maybe less.
n/a
PRN-Contract Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 21, 2016
They are more for the Client needs as all agencies are. They need to stick up for their employees, too. However they are very good with paying on time.
Innovative, progressive, and high touch/high quality nursing agency
Director of Marketing and Development (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 14, 2016
Chesapeake Medical Staffing allowed me the opportunity to become the most awarded and recognized nurse in the first five years of operations, and then welcomed me back as a leader and creator. My day is focused on helping the company grow its footprint and marketing.
Amazing Customer Service & Great Place to Work!
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDMarch 8, 2016
CMS is a great place to work with an amazing team. I would highly recommend this team to any healthcare workers looking for a dedicated and hard-working agency.
great agency to work for
RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2016
always have availability
excellent with communication and posting job/contract availability
I do contracts at different hospitals and there is a lot of available contracts I get e-mails daily of listings throughout Baltimore/Washington and Virginia. They have also expanded into Pennsylvania and Delaware
Pros
good money
Cons
working per deim you can be cancelled
A typical day for me
Travel RN in ICU (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 1, 2015
A typcial day at work might start or end with an admission or discharge. Care would be for one or two patients per nurse, depending on how critical the patient is.

Learning could be something small about the patient from a family member speaking to me. Or, it could be something larger, such as a diagnosis and treatment that I am not familiar with.

The managers on the different units, ICU, Cardiac Cath lab, and IV/PICC team, I had great, stable relationships with. There was always a good report.

I have always meshed well with my co-workers, and consider myself a team player. I am cool under pressure, whether a patient is coding, or we are starting CRRT, or a patient emergently needs open heart surgery, and we have to insert an IABP.

The hardest part of the job is when I have to deal with riled family members, or a patient suddenly dying, seeing a patient improve but then they steadily decline until they are a DNR.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me are compliments from patients, staff, and family. A "thank you" and "great job" go along way with me. And I absolutely love seeing a patient visit after his/her discharge, just to say hello.
Great agency
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2015
I have worked in a clinical and administrative capacity and the commitment of the staff and the friendly demeanor make CMS a great place to work!
professional work atmosphere
cerified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  2401 york rdJuly 14, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company because I was able to perform numerous amounts of different task which helped with multitasking and also helped me to acquire different types of experience
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no guaranteed hours
#1 Place to Work!!
Contract & Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Timoinum, MDMay 26, 2015
I couldn't ask for a better company to work for- every member of the administrative team is supportive, knowledgeable, and customer/clinician oriented. All of our field staff have been wonderful to work with as well. I am so thankful to be a part of the CMS team!
Pros
Work Environment, Culture, CMS' level of Quality and Customer Service
Productive and Positive workplace
HomeCare Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 20, 2015
Chesapeake Medical staffing has been a great place to work. Very busy in the office and time flies! The clients and associates are wonderful to with. Co-workers are always willing to help.
Pros
Fast paced, clients, casual, team building activities
Cms is the best!
Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 13, 2015
Chesapeake is a wonderful organization to be apart of. The administrative staff really goes above and beyond for field staff. I highly recommend working for Chesapeake!
Pros
Great work culture
Great Place to Work
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2015
Nurse owned and operated, CMS always puts their nurses first and keeps the clinical perspective when making business decisions. Their customer service is fantastic, and they have fun events throughout the year like the annual fall trip to an all-inclusive resort. This company knows how to work hard and play hard, which is right up my alley. A great group of people who are experts in what they do - I would recommend this agency above any other in the area.
Pros
Great service and expertise
Growth oriented supportive employer
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 13, 2015
Chesapeake Medical Staffing has the highest level of customer service and goes out of their way to support their staff. Dedicated employees are very supportive and encouraging.
The company you wish you worked for
Contract and Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 10, 2015
Definitely one of the better places I have worked throughout my career. Wonderful work environment where everyone is always willing to help. They truly look out for your best interest. Whether you're an internal employee or a contracted employee, everyone is treated equally.
Pros
Work environment, customer service, employees
Awesome Place to Work with Great Culture
Medical Staffing (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 9, 2015
CMS is an amazing place to work - the staff is super supportive and extremely kind and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking for employment!
Chesapeake Medical Staffing
Agency RN (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 2, 2014
This is a great agency to work for. They are well staffed. Work with nurses to get them agency jobs daily. You really feel like they are working with you when this is your agency!
Pros
Bi-Anual trips for team building. Organized staff keeps you certifications on file
Agency
Agency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 29, 2014
I have done private duty, IV therapy, and ER nursing for Chesapeake and have always enjoyed their support.
professional and compassionate
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 2, 2014
As an agency nurse my job is ever changing. This has afforded me the opportunity to be flexible and adaptable. CMS offers professional and compassionate management as well as support staff. There aren't many things that are difficult about the job, however as with any agency, dealing with cancellations always proves challenging. The most enjoyable part of my job is working in a new environment almost every shift, it keeps me interested and always learning.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
cancellations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chesapeake Medical Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3