Seeking a dynamic experienced individual with warm personality for Medical Assistant (MA) position within a busy Oncology practice in Columbia with flexibility to cover satellite office as needed.
-Receiving patients in a polite and courteous manner, monitoring the patient’s flow into the treatment and consulting rooms.
- Take vitals signs, draw blood for labs, place peripheral IV lines for treatment, help doctors in office procedures like biopsy, help nurses for chemotherapy treatments
- Maintaining medical supplies, office supplies and forms necessary to carry out medical office activities.
- Interacting with patients, general practitioners, health care professionals, and patient’s family members in a compassionate and kind manner.
- Making appointments scanning required information into the computer system.
- Answering telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Receiving and conveying messages in writing and verbally to providers.
- Contributing equitably in the maintenance of cleanliness of the medical practice.
Skills and Specifications:
- Experience and ability to blood draws for labs, place peripheral IV line for treatment is must
- Ability to communicate well and in a caring and supportive manner with individuals of all backgrounds.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is must.
- Team player with ability to work with other staff and nurses in friendly manner is must
Education and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or degree in medical field or Medical Assistant from an accredited institution.
- At least 1-2 years experience in Medical filed is MUST ( Please do not apply if no medical office experience)
Working hours from 8 AM - 4.30 PM, great benefits and working environment, free parking.