Chesapeake Public Schools Employee Review

View all Chesapeake Public Schools reviews

Steady and Fun Working Environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VirginiaFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of teaching the students and maintaining a safe environment . I learned that all people are unique in their own way and learn differently. I was responsible for a classroom of about 24 students on a daily basis. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was going into a classroom where the students were not familiar with you and having them to trust and respect you for that day. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new material and interacting with the students.
Pros
Working Relationships, Flexability and Helping Others
Cons
Healthcare, Pay and Job Security

Other Chesapeake Public Schools Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you only need a second income
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 15, 2018
A bus driver position is only part time and so if your only using this as a second income this job is perfect. It is fun and interesting at the same time. The enjoyable part of this job is the children and the hardest part is the poor management at times.
Pros
It's a great job for a mother who wants to be home for her children
Cons
It is only part time.
Never a dull moment
Special Education Teacher, Program Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I teach 7th grade History (SPED) and really enjoy my team and the content. Overall, the biggest incentive is the Wellness Center. My diabetic husband receives all of his meds for free! Healthcare for a family is expensive but the Wellness Center makes it worthwhile.