Chesapeake Public Schools

Chesapeake Public Schools Employer Reviews

Chesapeake Public Schools is a great school system.
Kindergarten - 2nd grade teacher (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VaMay 25, 2013
Working with children and seeing the progress they make from September to June is extraordinary. However, standardized testing has taken the enjoyment and fun out of teaching. Therefore, I am seeking a career in informal rather than formal education.
Experience
Middle School Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 15, 2013
Bad teaching experience; Very rough year...........................................................................
PART-TIME POSITION
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 13, 2013
Pros: receiving compensation when working.
Cons: work availability is little to none per week.
The position is part-time with part-time pay. The work availability is scarce with minimize work hours per week.
Sub-finder
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 8, 2013
Pros: easy access to jobs
Cons: not steady job flow
Sub-finder is a great way to find jobs. Chesapeake Public schools are one of the leading school districts with 100% accredited.
Nice place to work, good benefits, job security but no way to move up and no raises
Warehouse and supply delivery person (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 1, 2013
Pros: benefits, job security, monday - friday
Cons: no way to move up and no raises
Working at CPS has been a great experience for me, A typical day consisted of delivey of furniture, custodial goods and other items to individual schools and offices. The summer consisted of a lot of moving of furniture from classrooms, offices, portables and other places for renovations and other reasons. My co-workers were very easy to get along with. – more... The hardest part of the job is the lifting of things like wrestling mats and moving them from school to school. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships made throughout the entire school system. – less
Each day was a new experience and the children and coworkers were a joy to work with.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 25, 2013
The schools I worked at were informative about the position I was to take on each day. Teachers were helpful and informative to assist and give pertinent information about special needs children so I may meet their needs for the day. I enjoyed working in this environment as to taking course work as a special education teacher.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 9, 2012
As a substitute teacher, you have the opportunity the instruct students in the absence of the teacher. A substitute teacher must teach the subject matter, discipline the students and prepare the students for standardize tests.
Teachers Assistant
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 22, 2012
Pros: smiles and studies all day long
typical day started on the bus ramp unloading all the sweet lil' children. I welcomed the students every day with hugs, hello's, smiles and sometimes new winter gloves for their hands. I would be assigned the same first grade teachers every day and had a certain time to go into their classrooms and help them with what ever they needed. Tutoring a child – more... one on one, read a book at circle time, grade tests, make copies at copy machine. I love children and this was like a big family every day. The hours were perfect because i had 2 sons also in elementary school and our holidays/days off were the same. I left this job to enter into Surgical Tech school for a better future. – less
Teacher
Teacher (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 1, 2012
My workday consists of managing staff, students, and administrative duties. Teaching a class with special needs students and ensuring data is collected on a regulated basis is also a part of my work day.
worked one day
Helper (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 2, 2012
was very young and only worked one day it was cool going to work with mom
High school job, first job i Ever had!
jannitoral (Former Employee), chesapeakeJuly 8, 2012
Pros: work hard and see it pay off
Cons: raniy days
Good job
This was my first job i ever had
All i had to do was clean all day for 6 hours a day after my class was over

I could go to lunch with My class mate
I could choose to go to lunch when ever i wanted to

At longs i did my job It was great

the hardest part of the job was being picked on Because i was working at high school as a Jantorial

mangement – more... , wasnt tight on me
Really cool guy
I all ways did my job

It was a high school job

I also injoyed the fact i could have some many people to talk to

I didnt talk too much to where it seem like i wasnt working – less
Awesome school system to work for
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 5, 2012
Pros: retirement/ raises/ vacation/ summers off
Great place to work. Most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with the children after school for clubs and sports and to see their accomplishments in and out of the classroom.
Love working w/children
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 21, 2012
Pros: summer off
Cons: short breaks, one hour lunch, healthcare
Productive, love working with children, teacher out of work for some reason.
A Productive Work Place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 21, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not a permanent position
Developed and implemented learning materials as well as preparation of classrooms to encourage participation in group and individual activities; Pre-K through 5th grade. Utilized various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations; formulated and revised classroom objectives on all lessons as needed to help facilitate student learning.
Working as a sub is tough
Substitute (Current Employee), Hugo Owens Middle SchoolsMarch 5, 2012
Pros: getting home early
Cons: working with students
Staff works together among same grade level but not across the whole school. There is constant resentment between the staff and administration.
great place to work
head cook (Current Employee), chesapeake,virginiaNovember 13, 2011
Pros: moving up quick in leadership
i love working at chesapeake schools.my manager is wonderful.i have learned to use so many different machines to cook with