Chesapeake Regional Medical Center

Chesapeake Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

top heavy management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23320August 22, 2017
militaristic management, phillipino run most units like bullies, work short, run like crazy, no breaks frequent turnover of staff and management, many needs for improvement.
Pros
parking
Cons
see above
RN (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 27, 2017
Poor management and no job security. The company let go a lot of employees in the past and closed some units. Charting system is lengthy and not updated .
very good place to work
Patient care transporter (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2017
i love working there I work there 1998 to 2013 I was a patient care parter for radiolog dept for 16 I had move to help take of my mom and I am take care my dad and would love stay in the medical field I really love doing my job I love my patient all the time
Very stressful and tense, always worried about job cuts
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 16, 2017
Too many chiefs. New CEO is never visible to the employees. Management structure should be changed. Daily huddle could be minimized. It is already published on the intranet page, cut back to weekly.
Pros
Great discounts and benefits
Wonderful place to work
Certified nursing assistant (CNA) and secretary (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 20, 2017
I enjoy coming to work. I love my girls and I am amazed at all the heart and dedication they put into caring for their patients. I have learned so much throughout my journey here. Management recently changed due to our manager retiring and our clinical coordinator taking her place. All of are looking forward to what our unit is going to become with her as our manager. The hardest part of my job is watching a patient in pain and knowing that there is nothing I can do to make it better for them.
Pros
who I work with
Cons
pay is horrible
Horrible experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 19, 2017
Terrible management, continuously called out of scheduled shifts but put on call for the entire day. More of a popularity contest than a healing environment for patients. Patient safety was not priority. And if you aren't filipino, you will be treated terribly by staff and management. Just an extremely "clicky" place to work.
Workplace
Intensive Care Night Shift Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 12, 2017
I started my healthcare career at this facility starting as a unit secretary/care partner. This company promotes career development and furthering education. I am currently a critical care charge nurse, and I appreciate my experiences at this organization.
Seek employment elsewhere
RN (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 31, 2017
Seek employment elsewhere, as CRMC does not promote a collegial environment. They really need to look into improving the way they allow their staff to be treated. I have witnessed first hand, as well as had friends, who were patients, complain about the way staff is treated at this facility.
12-Hour night shift.
Ed Tech & Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 30, 2017
I start IVs, draw blood, check vital signs, checking in new patient and placing them on cardiac monitor, doing EKGs, and bed side care with nurse. I also do secretary tasks such as admit patient, answer call bells, and contact on-call specialty doctors. I learned a lot working in the ED and improved my triage skills. The management was very organized and fairly available to all staff. The workplace culture was very diverse, but we managed to work together to reach the ultimate goal which is excellent patient care. The hardest part of the job is when cardiac arrest codes come in in the middle of the night and we have to act quick to save the patient's life. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job is seeing a patient recover from illness/injury and knowing you're an integral part of their care.
Pros
1 tech per nurse for a maximum of 4-6 patients, flexible hours, and decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, high turnover rate on management, and not enough pat raises.
Growth
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 8, 2017
You will learn a lot for this place, they make sure that you are educated in everything that you. Certifications are provided by employer as well as movement within the company is one of the greatest benefits of working there.
Pros
Co-Workers are enjoyable very friendly and professional
Great teamwork and communication
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 1, 2017
Love the sense of team work and helping one another to make the work flow run smoothly. Working in the ER can be stressful, however, the technologists working side by side help each other.
Great place to learn multiple positions
Travel Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 13, 2017
It's a hospital so you never know what you may get. Good place to continue learning on almost any level. Teamwork is a must and constant attentiveness.
I would recommend this employer
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 5, 2017
CRMC is not a bad place to work depending on who you ask and what department you work in. I am fine with my work schedule. Sometimes working in the ER the hours can be crazy. The atmosphere is good when its not to busy.
Pros
my pay
Cons
stressful at times
understaffed and underpaid
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 2, 2017
Human Resources has promised pay increases repeatedly. Pay for workers is below market value creating a culture of negativity. New employees are hired in at a higher dollar rate than existing staff. Layoffs are disguised as reallignments. Clinical departments that are in need of staffing are neglected. Supervisors are in fear of losing employment.
Pros
workers unite under awful work conditions
Cons
human resources is awful
Fun Place
Volunteer Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VirginiaMarch 2, 2017
Easy to get along with people. Very helpful and friendly workers. The place has a laid back atmosphere despite the place being busy. There's a sense of respect towards each other.
Greats enviornment to work, and very friendly and motivational employees
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 6, 2017
Sometimes at work we would have people call out and we as a team we all would have to step in and get through the day we worked as a team to achieve what was needed to be done that day. Working at Chesapeake taught me a lot about hard work, being a team player, and understanding what it means to work together not only as coworkers but as a family.
Pros
A very good work establishment
Cons
better benifits
great learning opportunities
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 24, 2017
you get to learn all stations of the workplace and this allows you to be able to jump in wherever youre needed. the diversity in the menu items is great and constantly changing.
Chesapeake Regional
LPN Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 13, 2017
I have the best supervisor, amazing office staff and co workers. I currently work on the Cardiac Team. I install homed monitors, i teach pt about cardiac issues. I also do treatments, wound care, iv therapy, diabetes teaching, etc
Great place to get experience
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 4, 2017
I was a xray student at CRMC for 1 year. I had a great time learning new things from professional xray technologists. Like any medical environment workload got pretty unpredictable very rapidly from a steady morning to a little bit more hectic and dynamic afternoon that sometimes was a little bit difficult for me to adjust to it. I really liked the lead tech there and didn't have any difficulties with the person.
Pros
Great place to start a career
Cons
unpredictable and hactic
Managements needs to be replaced
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 18, 2016
Management lacks empathy and his a snake. If he doesn't like you, he will find a way to weed you out. No real leadership skills, leads from behind. Does not set the example, promotes harassment and poor moral.
Pros
Overall company values
Cons
Management sucks. Listen to your employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval