Chesapeake Regional Medical Center

Chesapeake Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good benefits, lots of working hours, not so helpful co-workers
Care Partner I/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: free meals on thanksgiving and christmas, year-end bonus sometimes
Cons: patient complaints and demands, lack of respect for CNAs
I enjoyed working here with very friendly co-workers and a great unit manager but management should look more on patient:CNA ratio; taking care of 16 patients by myself is backbreaking and just too stressful for anyone.
like a family, fun to work there
RN (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: like family
Cons: expect alot of patients without the appropriate staff
could use some remodeling to help assist with workflow, management needs to be more efficient in some areas, everybody should be on the same level when it comes to seeing patients
Unfairly Labled
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 10, 2015
Had a perfect employee record until staff went to scanning medicine and patients. Because of my trying to cut corners and take care and time with my patients I did not scan. It made me look as though I was stealing meds. I have never stolen anything nor have I ever taken drugs or used them. I was not given the opportunity for probation as written in their red rules. Nor was I offered any kind of training or counseling. Instead I was terminated and labeled . They do not know their employees and do not try to keep them. After 6 years of great evaluations terminated after one mistake. I was given the chance to quit my job but felt I had not did anything wrong to my patients and needed more computer education.
fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 10, 2014
great benefits, great employees family oriented. fun place to work
Growing environment. Changes with the time.
Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: as above. great benefits.
Cons: cannot think of any right now.
I worked in the Emergency Room most of the time. I liked this area because of the fast pace. When not busy there I cleaned and refilled supplies both in the ER and in the Department.Everyone answered Code Blues and requested calls by other technicians who were having difficulties with their patients or unable to complete their workload.
My co-workers were fun and for the most part, easy to get along with. I like holidays and to make people smile, so I decorated for holidays,helped organize parties,showers and played Secret Santa games and little gifts to all.
Management has been struggling with computer systems for the past 4-5 years. For me, that was difficult because of the many changes and varied systems we had to work with. Sometimes the ER systems patient information didn't cross over to the hospital's main system. The Doctors were the last to change over after almost 2 years then they changed to another program .I understand that things are working out and that everyone is in the same program now.
In my opinion, I have always felt that CRMC's Management was constant in their vigil to ask and listen to employees thoughts and concerns. I am not a shrinking violet, so there were many times when I spoke of my concerns for my patients, our workloads or policies that might make our jobs difficult. I always felt heard. It was like leaving my family when I resigned from there.
Very Busy Environment
OB Registration (PRN) (Current Employee), CHESAPEAKE VASeptember 8, 2014
Over all I enjoy what I do....I work weekend in the ER and I have learned alot of what the nurses and Dr go through...I have went back to school for phlebotomy and I really enjoy speaking with the family and patients sometimes just speaking to someone can brighten up there Day.....
emergency room extremely busy
ED PARAMEDIC (Former Employee), Chesapeake VirginiaSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: the patients
Cons: some ungrateful nurses
worked in the emergency room for a few months as a paramedic, had a lot of excellent doctors... large number of nurses with bad attitudes.... ungrateful nurses with the work that was done for them....Bad attitudes.... The doctors were excellent and made that place a great learning environment....
Great place to work.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 3, 2014
My day to day interactions with my co-workers are fun. Working with Anesthesia Doctors and Surgeons allow me to network about health issues that are unclear to me. They are a family orientated group and loves to treat all as such. They are very dedicated to their professions and it's enjoyable to watch them operate and save lives.
Very fun
PRN (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 1, 2014
When i enter the job site i become focused to make sure my work gets done I have learned that u have to have patience and work as a teram.
challenging and ever changing work enviroment
Insurance Services Manager (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the wonderful employees of CRMC. A typical day is very busy and multitasking is a needed skill. Being flexible and having the ability is a key to success in any environment. My goal is to help provide the best service and quality care to all of our stakeholders in a fiscally responsible manner. I have learned to be patient, understand people and points of view, and work with others to accomplish goals and benchmarks.
Bitter
Unit Secretary and Care Partner (CPII) (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: loved the people
Cons: lots of cut-backs
Worked there for 2 years in many different departments and knew the hospital from top to bottom, while I went to RN school. When I graduated and passed my NCLEX they informed me that they were no longer hiring RN's. Wasted my time because I had to go to a different hospital and start all over with a new EMR system.
Emergency Department/Observation Nurse (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 31, 2014
Co-workers very easy to work with; supportive management team
Staff Nurse, Medical/Surgical Unit (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 27, 2014
It is a great place to work; it is a home away from home working with friends and doing what I love to do- providing excellent care to all my patients.
Friendly but dispassionate environment
Diet Clerk (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: food service and clinical dietary experience
Cons: no room for growth
Employees with additional skills are overlooked and underpaid. Management is inconsistent.
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
Care Partner (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: the patients
Cons: nothing
It started with getting report from my co-workers to start the day and took care of patients daily needs.The staff was pleasant to work with and the most enjoyable part of my job was my patients.
Great workplace with supportive staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: committed staff
Cons: nurse to patient ratios
Chesapeake Regional Medical Center is a wonderful employer.
Productive day in Occupational Health
Student Volunteer (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great experience.
Cons: little work some days
A typical day in Occupational Health consisted of me entering employee call out reports, flu shots, and helping the nurse practitioner organize wellness papers in aphabetical order to be filed and send out letters. I learned more about what the nurse practitoner is responsible for such as the wellness and health of employees at CRMC. I enjoyed being able to be apart of a wellness program such as Maintain Don't Gain. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around everyone, making new friends, learning new things, helping the department out; greeting people at the front desk and being trusted by the nurse practitioner to help come up with a new wellness program.
Most days are Happy !
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: i have good benifits with hospitals and good working relationships
Cons: don't like getting up at 4:00 am every day
I love my job at the hospital. I start work at 5:30 am. I work with patients to help set up a healthy meal interacting with nurses and nutritionist. I answer phones transfer calls ,enter data on daily census sheets into EMR. I have a pleasant manager who does her job well and expects the best of us. I give 110% We are a small group. We get along and cover each other when someone is out. The hardest part of my job is making sure all patients are satisfied. .Patients don't always feel well and are on medications that make food taste different, some get upset when they can't always have what the want because of their diet restrictions. I enjoy talking to the patients. Some have been there for an extended time and you get to know them and their families. My externship in the ICU has been amazing ! What an experience ! I have learned how to deal with true emergencies. Watching nurses go into action as a team perfectly working with expertise side by side.. I have used much of what I learned in school in this front desk position again being with families of patients. I am a people person and happily do my job.
OVERALL ENJOYABLE PLACE TO WORK
Patient Rounding Aide (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 24, 2013
Pros: better pay, job advncement opportunities
Cons: better people skills and teamwork needed, within employees
MEET AND GREET PATIENTS
LEARNED TO HAVE COMPASSION,UNDERSTANDING
AND EMPATHY FOR PATIENTS AND CO-WORKERS
HARDEST PART ARE LONG HOURS AND SHORT STAFFED
SEEING SMILING AND SATISFIED FACES.
Administrative position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and loving environment.
Cons: tendency to be political due to facility history and government involvement.
Worked in various depts. Learned hospital protocol and administrative functions in the support of the every day functions of Marketing, Fund Development, Physician office support, and Executive assisting.

About Chesapeake Regional Medical Center

The City of Chesapeake attracts both beachcombers and history buffs. Located about 20 miles from Virginia Beach, Chesapeake was – Read more

Chesapeake Regional Medical Center Salaries