Chesapeake Utilities Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun get togethers
Senior Systems Administrator (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 14, 2017
Nice place to work. IT is not a iSeries shop. Management lets you do your job. They are state of the art in their technology. Management is in tune to your suggestions.
Pros
Go healthcare
Cons
Long commute
Caring Management
Plant Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work. I left only because of the long 3 hr. daily commute. I will definitely work there again. Top management cares about all employees.
Pros
Family-like culture
Cons
Long commute
Working there is like a revolving door. People dont stay long, and those that do are mostly overworked and miserable
N/A (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 16, 2016
You will be ignored for the favorites, no matter how well you do your job. I was amazed to see how much time certain individuals spent on personal stuff and cell phones while management looked the other way. Very unprofessional for a large company.
Pros
Some of the people are very nice
Cons
No breaks, favoritism, no job security
Honestly, do your research
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 11, 2016
the reviews on here are nice. They even are a little right. But most miss the favoritism that happens. The reviews don't talk about mean managers and people. Just be sure you want to work in a place that won't care about you just what you do for them.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Everything else.
This was a great place to work. They sold the truck division.
tanker driver/ hazmat (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2016
Great Place to work. Jobs are short in term. I would work for them again no matter what the term. The benefits were fantastic, equipment was new and the management was the best.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Short term job
Decent company to work for
Claim & Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 16, 2015
Company pays great. Employees are fun to work with and the company treats its employees each month with a free family activity.
Pros
Co-workers are greaat to work with
Cons
N/a
Awesome place to work
Senior Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 13, 2013
I would have been honored to work for this company until I retire had I not relocated to Texas
All in all it was a all around great Company to work for
SENIOR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 7, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Chesapeak Ultilities. I loved my Job all together. The Customer, sometimes could a bit testy but I knew that it was my Job to make sure that the Customers got what they needed in a timely manner. Being the Customer Service Lead; I made sure that my Customers and Employess were always treated fairly, and if I could'nt get what they needed right then, I made it my best to go the extra mile to make it happen. My Supervisor and Management team were all Team Players...Chesapeake (Central Florida Gas) was more of a Family oreinted Company. The hardest part of my job was not being able to satisfy all my Customers....but the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be apart of the Chesapeake Family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chesapeake Utilities Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8