CHESAPEAKE

CHESAPEAKE Employer Reviews

fair
UTILITY INSPECTOR (Former Employee), South TexasJanuary 4, 2014
Overall working atmosphere was good. There are many links in the chain of command and the lines get often crossed and are often blurred.
Productive and fun.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VANovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good management, nice coworkers.
Cons: pay wasn't that great, but doable.
I loved going into work mostly because it seemed to go by quick because I was always doing different things during the day and staying busy. I learned how to truly communicate with customers. I loved the management. Everybody was treated equally. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
ok place
mechanic (Former Employee), Louisville, OHOctober 31, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: changes
new management took over and wasnt as great a place after. if things would have stayed in place i would have stayed.
Avoid
Lead Operator (Former Employee), Kermit, WVOctober 8, 2013
low pay
alot expected
no time off
unrealistic expections
24 call
Overall not a bad place to work.
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OkOctober 6, 2013
Pros: expanding my knowledge and satisfaction with my job well done.
Cons: contract position - no benefits, not permanent.
Was a great learning experience in the Supply Chain Area working with the Buyers. Learned a lot about the oil and gas business as well as the pipeline and regulation areas. Most of the co-workers were wonderful people, but as in any office a few harder to get along with. Hardest p0art of the job was the unreal expectations of the new management. there – more... are times when a 3 day turn-around is not possible. The most enjoyable part was the interacting with the various customers, vendors and co-workers to accomplish my job responsibilities. – less
Very nice
Utility Inspector (Former Employee), Towanda PAJuly 12, 2013
Had a wonderful time working there as they showed me a lot of respect that came with the job
Good Benefits
Lead MWD Engineer III (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 27, 2013
Overall I have had a good experience and am thankful for the opportunity. The hardest part of my job is the relentless work schedule which has me away from home close to 300 days a year.
Dedicated and well motivated
Oilfield Consultant (Former Employee), Casper wyomingMarch 16, 2013
Pros: strive for excellence
Cons: some supervisors are idiots
However they give one bad apple a supervisor position and totally ruins a good team. I dont understand how they cant figure out that all the good consultants are leaving cause of one Superintendant. Must of had a turnover of 12 people that i know of. They should monitor their supervisors better.
One star
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, PAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: encouraged safety and environmental protection
Cons: poor communication with immediate supervisor. this was unnecessary and unfortunate.
Working for Chesapeake made me appreciate their presence in our area. The oil and gas industry needs ethical people to ensure environmental safety. Thank you, Chesapeake.
good people
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee), Alva, OKDecember 11, 2012
Pros: good money
Cons: work isnt steady
excellent company to work for because when ur busy you are very busy the employees are very good to work with
Excellent pay with good location
Indexer (Current Employee), Oklahoma CitySeptember 16, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: job security
I index mortgage and deed papers into the data base for Land Men to have easier access.
Highly visable organization. very concerned about making mistakes
Family Advocate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule. benefit
Cons: salary. lack of challenge
I worked daily on behalf of the clients providing assistance to citizens and families in need. I help families and citizens who were scheduled for family court appearance and and needed an advocate. Provided help to those who were experiencing barriers to service in the community and link them to service providers. When time permitted worked on the – more... development of a resource manual, participated in and out of agency wide meetings,presented the program to other organizations, such as public schools, service boards, courts and behavioral science agencies.
I learned that barriers to service created hardship not just to families and citizens but to entire community. Also, collaboration makes my job easier.
Management style of leadership was autocratic. The fear of making a mistake interfered with growth and creativity.
Some co-workers were great, kind and helpful while others exhibited a lack of cooperation, fearful that sharing useful information would diminished their ability to make progress.
The hardest part of my job was the high visibility of the organization and leadership attitude that no mistakes are allowed. It makes the work environment difficult to work comfortably knowing that staff is constantly scrutinized.
Working on behalf of the families, citizens and representing my organization in the a public forum to bring about positive change is rewarding. – less
Highly visable organization. very concerned about making mistakes
Family Advocate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule. benefit
Cons: salary. lack of challenge
I worked daily on behalf of the clients providing assistance to citizens and families in need. I help families and citizens who were scheduled for family court appearance and and needed an advocate. Provided help to those who were experiencing barriers to service in the community and link them to service providers. When time permitted worked on resource – more... manual, participated in agency wide meetings and Presented the program to other organizations, such as public schools, service boards, courts and behavioral science agencies.
The hardest part of my job was the high visibility of the organization and leadership attitude that no mistakes are allowed makes the work environment difficult to work comfortably knowing that staff is constantly scrutinized and no mistakes are allowed.
very good
general assistant (Former Employee), Killingworth, ENGFebruary 7, 2014
genral assitent
loads of stuff
it was ok
they where all good
none of it was hard
all of it
was a long and boring shifts
genral assistant (Former Employee), newcastleJanuary 9, 2014
basically this was just a temp job to see me threw the shifts we long and boring but this kept me goin till i found another position
Relaxed and friendly small company
Printer (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGNovember 11, 2013
Easy going atmosphere, but little in the way of a proper management structure can lead to disorganisation through the departments. Hardest part of the job is probably some of the technical skills involved in running some jobs, e.g. hot-foiling, "peel & read," et al. The most enjoyable part of the job is the weekend, no seriously, it would be the variance – more... of jobs meaning each day can bring something different. – less
great place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), hamiltionAugust 11, 2013
was good to meet new people at work day in and day out enjoyed working at the place always worked as a team
Very fast productive place.
Packer (Former Employee), Newcastle Upon TyneOctober 23, 2012
Pros: only working 3 12 hour shifts.
Cons: very long shifts.
I learnt alot from working there. The only thing is that it did not fit in with family life. Very hard work and alot of heavy lifting involved.
HOMME DE TERRAIN
RESPONSABLE SERVICE FINISHING (Former Employee), Saint-Pierre-des-Corps, A3March 21, 2014
Pros: les formations pour l'encadrement
Cons: manque de communication
le management que je pratique consiste à fédérer les équipes entre elle.
De faire évoluer les compétences de chaque salarié.

Créer des groupe de travail sur des réflexions de développement.

Connaître les limites de chaque personne qui m'entoure.

Le remercie du personnel :
Par le résulta de la production
Le partage des connaissances
La polyvalence

Suite – more... à mon passage à Chesapeake ''6mois'', pour mon départ le personnel en 3x8, m'a offert des cadeaux et l'encadrement un repas.

Le management que je pratique est équitable, rigueur, qualité et sécurité. – less
EXCELLENT
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: bonos
EMPRESA BUENA, DONDE SE APRENDE A MANEJAR PACIENTE GERIÁTRICO. SITIO CON TODAS LAS COMODIDADES

About CHESAPEAKE

Chesapeake Corporation (Chesapeake) is a supplier of specialty paperboard packaging products in Europe, with interests in North – Read more

CHESAPEAKE Photos