CHESAPEAKE Employee Reviews

Job was good learning experience
Field / Training Supervisor, Eagleford Shale (Former Employee), Carrizo Springs, TXJune 19, 2015
I learned a lot of useful knowledge that I can take with me along my travels in the oil field. Also meet some good people along the way.
Fun and challenging enviroment.
Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee), Carrizo Springs, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: None !!!
Supervised all Daily well site and down hole operations.
I have learned how to work as a team to accomplish a specific set of goals for Chesapeake with 20+ rigs. Down hole troubleshooting and preventive steps. I worked for Chesapeake for 5 years the best men that I have had the pleasure to work with and for. The Hardest part managing 20+ different tasks simultaneously it was a great challenge that I enjoyed very much. Working with a GREAT team and the comradely that we all had had everyone else's support if they needed it.
Great crews
Safety Consultant (Former Employee), Carrizo TxJune 8, 2015
Pros: Safe work environment
Cons: None
I had a pleasant time working with the crews and company men while on location while working in Carrizo Texas. Great crews!
Work unpredictable
Abstractor (Former Employee), Ohio Co. WV.January 18, 2015
Pros: paid for mileage and meals
Cons: no benefits
Searching Deeds for landowner and mineral owners.
How to run a title.
Nice people.
Finding family members of mineral owners.
Recognizing property you have ran.
Loved it
Volunteer math counselor (Former Employee), Hanover MarylandJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free pizza and donuts
Cons: not all students were excited to study
Saturdays from 9am to 12noon
I tutored kids in Algebra and geometry
Easy to do and fun to do if you love math
Hardest part was preparing for midterms week
Really enjoyed working with students and it serves a a great review for the tutor.
Accounting Specialist
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lack of communictaion
A typical day at work involves priortizing daily activity, strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to change priorities at any given moment.

I've strengthened the ability to learn on my own by trial and error.

I've consistantly and effictivly brought past due accounts current and keept them current through prsistance in my collections efforts.

I've developed strong customer relations through prompt resposes to questions and issues at hand.

My co-workers are wonderful to work with and a delight to be around each day.

The most difficult aspect of my position involves miscommunication by others involved in daily activities.

The most emjoyable aspect of my position involves working with the folks that I do.
nothing good
Team Leader (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 18, 2014
will never work for this company again. unfair treatment of staff, no benefits, and no room for growth in the company. another dead end job.
Enjoy our Safety Grill Outs
DATA ENTRY IN SAP PROGRAM, FILING (Current Employee), Evansville, INJuly 30, 2014
Pros: getting to know your clients
Cons: not having enough time to produce orders
My position is Order Entry I process PO from clients and put them into our Radius (Pecas) system to be produced. I set up the Item request for quote and process and follow the item thru out the process to being shipped. I have been a CR for 28 years and have had to learn 3 different computer systems. The management we have here are the greatest to work with they listen and we work as a team at our facility. The hardest part of my job is the stress of trying to get products produced quicker than our normal lead time on occasion. Even though our plant is being shutdown I enjoyed working with amazing people thru out from the office to the finishing dept. sad day is when we close for good.
testing
Field Tech Supervisor (Former Employee), pearsall txJuly 10, 2014
Pros: made me a good supervisor
Cons: fatigue
ran multiple crews and long hours laying and establishing pipeline paths and route, supervising crews on each job to get the neccasary product needed to frac the well, fracing operations running pumps hauling equipment heavy equipment operations working side by side with your men the majority of my life there creating tight bonds and reliable workers
Saticfaction/pride and growth
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJJune 25, 2014
Repair/servicing electrical mechanical problems on printing label machines.
Install/replace flourescent lamps.
To have a machine down have it repair and to see works produce quality products.
I 'M GLAD I LEFT
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Cinnaminson, NJJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: too many things to name..
Cons: too many things to name
A TYPICAL DAY WAS HORRIBLE. What I learned while I was there was that I could do better. Management was horrible also THE Co- workers did not make it easier either. The hardest part of the job was everything. the most enjoyable part of the job was nothing.
fair
UTILITY INSPECTOR (Former Employee), South TexasJanuary 4, 2014
Overall working atmosphere was good. There are many links in the chain of command and the lines get often crossed and are often blurred.
Productive and fun.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VANovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good management, nice coworkers.
Cons: pay wasn't that great, but doable.
I loved going into work mostly because it seemed to go by quick because I was always doing different things during the day and staying busy. I learned how to truly communicate with customers. I loved the management. Everybody was treated equally. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
ok place
mechanic (Former Employee), Louisville, OHOctober 31, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: changes
new management took over and wasnt as great a place after. if things would have stayed in place i would have stayed.
Avoid
Lead Operator (Former Employee), Kermit, WVOctober 8, 2013
low pay
alot expected
no time off
unrealistic expections
24 call
Overall not a bad place to work.
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OkOctober 6, 2013
Pros: expanding my knowledge and satisfaction with my job well done.
Cons: contract position - no benefits, not permanent.
Was a great learning experience in the Supply Chain Area working with the Buyers. Learned a lot about the oil and gas business as well as the pipeline and regulation areas. Most of the co-workers were wonderful people, but as in any office a few harder to get along with. Hardest p0art of the job was the unreal expectations of the new management. there are times when a 3 day turn-around is not possible. The most enjoyable part was the interacting with the various customers, vendors and co-workers to accomplish my job responsibilities.
Very nice
Utility Inspector (Former Employee), Towanda PAJuly 12, 2013
Had a wonderful time working there as they showed me a lot of respect that came with the job
Good Benefits
Lead MWD Engineer III (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 27, 2013
Overall I have had a good experience and am thankful for the opportunity. The hardest part of my job is the relentless work schedule which has me away from home close to 300 days a year.
Dedicated and well motivated
Oilfield Consultant (Former Employee), Casper wyomingMarch 16, 2013
Pros: strive for excellence
Cons: some supervisors are idiots
However they give one bad apple a supervisor position and totally ruins a good team. I dont understand how they cant figure out that all the good consultants are leaving cause of one Superintendant. Must of had a turnover of 12 people that i know of. They should monitor their supervisors better.
One star
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, PAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: encouraged safety and environmental protection
Cons: poor communication with immediate supervisor. this was unnecessary and unfortunate.
Working for Chesapeake made me appreciate their presence in our area. The oil and gas industry needs ethical people to ensure environmental safety. Thank you, Chesapeake.