CHESAPEAKE Employee Reviews

Interesting
Analyst (Former Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 2, 2017
Worked in the basement due to being a 24hour ops job and thus protecting us from possible inclement weather. Twelve hour shifts of staring at a computer with no kind of mental break such as music.
CTO (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 27, 2017
Awesome team of nurse auditors who were easy to work with. Lots of input during the building of the web portal. Auditors very professional and knowledgeable while working with providers during audits.
n/a
Internship Ports America - Port of Baltimore (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2017
This was a great internship! Ports American understood the priority of guiding new graduate students into the business of maritime and the operational procedures
Great seeling enviroment and developed several associates.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 15, 2017
A typical day was delivering the best possible customer experience and offering add-on to increase the average ticket. Training and development of your staff is the best way to increase sales, promote associates within and have an overall great morale in the store. The workplace culture was a selling environment and management staff was engaged. Several manager that worked for me moved on to store manager positions. The hardest part of the job was moving from store to store to clean up after molding a great team in place at the store I was in. The most enjoyable part was to develop associate and managers to watch them get promoted to the next level.
Pros
Tenure, benifits, profit sharing
Cons
Being transferred to multiple locations to clean up stores
temperary project
Environmental Inspector (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYMay 24, 2017
My job was a Environmental inspector position. Duties included making sure contractor stayed in compliance with state and local environmental rules. Overall it was a good job.
Pros
new york was a nice place
Cons
Job ended
Awesome to work for
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 1, 2017
This was a great experience working with them, Unfortunately I had to leave due to my husband being in the military and we had to move. They helped me grow and I had a excellent experience with them.
Great employer
HANDYMAN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2017
Positively great work place
I would recommend to anyone
All employees treated with professional equality and courtesy
Very accommodating and friendly.
amazing atmoshphere
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2017
gained a lot of knowledge and would love to be there again in the future really enjoyed working with engineers and supers on drilling wells for the company
Pros
was working
Cons
n/a
Very Productive
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Was a very good place to work, we always had plenty of work before the oil industry went down. Coworkers were pleasant and helpful when another coworker needed direction on how to get to a place another coworker had never been to.
Good work place
Well Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXAugust 20, 2016
Great place to work ,The only bad thing about working here is that they wanted you to always hurry up and finish up what you we're doing. Putting a lot of people at risk with their safety.

Want to know more about CHESAPEAKE?

Ask a question
work places are safe to work at.
Horizon Temp (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23320May 2, 2016
well when I am at work ,I perform my duties professionally ,100% correct and safe I enjoy working with my fellow co-workers regardlewoss of what type of work.
Pros
get one hour lunches
Cons
get breaks as per productions performed
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 16, 2015
It was a nice place to work , some team work , had a permanent assignment to care for my residents, I learned alot from my residents in what was needed in their daily care needs
Pros
Good money
Cons
No managment backing of employees
Was a great atmosphere
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Texas, East Texas, OklahomaNovember 27, 2015
Doing Daily Reports, made daily walks around rig location checking on personnel, Hazards, spills. I was in charge on the floor when tripping out of the hole to make sure that they were keeping hole full, also in charge ordering casing, call for cement trucks. I had good communication with my co-workers, I would have to say that the hardest part of my job would be having to fire someone, although must enforce if necessary. I must say that the most enjoyable part of the job is when I would have a completely reliable full staff properly trained and hard working.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short cuts from Employees
great pay dont expect to long though
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKNovember 22, 2015
Horrible company very political and undercover racist ...have to kiss you know what to move up specially if your colored.
Valuable experience supervising rig operations.
Completions and workover consultant (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TexasOctober 30, 2015
Gained valuable experience supervising daily operations on a work over/completions rig in the Eagleford shale in south Texas. Installed packers and tubing, new rod installations, rod/pump repair jobs, and lateral clean out jobs.
N/a
Drilling Supervisor, Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma , TexasAugust 31, 2015
I was Responsible for watching over drilling operations on various number of usually around 4, 5 with the most at one time was 7
Pros
I was contract so does not apply
Cons
N/a
Office Manager
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 24, 2015
The company I work for actually has 2 businesses. Biweekly I am responsible for doing payroll for approximately 50 employees. Daily I do data entry for accounts payable and receivable. Pay any outstanding invoices. Do all baking for the business. Schedule all anointment's for business. Quickly trouble shoot any problems that may arise. I enjoy dealing with customers and employees. Previously I had little to no experience with accounting software and now I am able to use MAS 90 and Quick Books.
Pros
3 weeks vacation pay and sick pay
Cons
no insurance available
Job was good learning experience
Field / Training Supervisor, Eagleford Shale (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJune 19, 2015
I learned a lot of useful knowledge that I can take with me along my travels in the oil field. Also meet some good people along the way.
Fun and challenging enviroment.
Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJune 18, 2015
Supervised all Daily well site and down hole operations.
I have learned how to work as a team to accomplish a specific set of goals for Chesapeake with 20+ rigs. Down hole troubleshooting and preventive steps. I worked for Chesapeake for 5 years the best men that I have had the pleasure to work with and for. The Hardest part managing 20+ different tasks simultaneously it was a great challenge that I enjoyed very much. Working with a GREAT team and the comradely that we all had had everyone else's support if they needed it.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
None !!!
Great crews
Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carrizo TxJune 8, 2015
I had a pleasant time working with the crews and company men while on location while working in Carrizo Texas. Great crews!
Pros
Safe work environment