CHESAPEAKE Employee Reviews

Very Productive
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Was a very good place to work, we always had plenty of work before the oil industry went down. Coworkers were pleasant and helpful when another coworker needed direction on how to get to a place another coworker had never been to.
Overall not a bad place to work.
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OkOctober 6, 2013
Was a great learning experience in the Supply Chain Area working with the Buyers. Learned a lot about the oil and gas business as well as the pipeline and regulation areas. Most of the co-workers were wonderful people, but as in any office a few harder to get along with. Hardest p0art of the job was the unreal expectations of the new management. there are times when a 3 day turn-around is not possible. The most enjoyable part was the interacting with the various customers, vendors and co-workers to accomplish my job responsibilities.
Pros
Expanding my knowledge and satisfaction with my job well done.
Cons
Contract Position - No benefits, not permanent.
Work unpredictable
Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Ohio Co. WV.January 18, 2015
Searching Deeds for landowner and mineral owners.
How to run a title.
Nice people.
Finding family members of mineral owners.
Recognizing property you have ran.
Pros
paid for mileage and meals
Cons
No benefits
Highly visable organization. very concerned about making mistakes
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 14, 2012
I worked daily on behalf of the clients providing assistance to citizens and families in need. I help families and citizens who were scheduled for family court appearance and and needed an advocate. Provided help to those who were experiencing barriers to service in the community and link them to service providers. When time permitted worked on resource manual, participated in agency wide meetings and Presented the program to other organizations, such as public schools, service boards, courts and behavioral science agencies.
I learned that barriers to service created hardship not just to families and citizens but to entire community. Also, collaboration makes my job easier.
Management style of leadership was autocratic. The fear of making a mistake interfered with growth and creativity.
Some co-workers were great, kind and helpful while others exhibited a lack of cooperation, fearful that sharing useful information would diminished their ability to make progress.
The hardest part of my job was the high visibility of the organization and leadership attitude that no mistakes are allowed makes the work environment difficult to work comfortably knowing that staff is constantly scrutinized and no mistakes are allowed.
Working on behalf of the families, citizens and representing my organization in the a public forum to bring about positive change is rewarding.
Pros
flexible work schedule. benefit
Cons
salary. lack of challenge
Highly visable organization. very concerned about making mistakes
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 14, 2012
I worked daily on behalf of the clients providing assistance to citizens and families in need. I help families and citizens who were scheduled for family court appearance and and needed an advocate. Provided help to those who were experiencing barriers to service in the community and link them to service providers. When time permitted worked on the development of a resource manual, participated in and out of agency wide meetings,presented the program to other organizations, such as public schools, service boards, courts and behavioral science agencies.
The hardest part of my job was the high visibility of the organization and leadership attitude that no mistakes are allowed. It makes the work environment difficult to work comfortably knowing that staff is constantly scrutinized.
Pros
flexible work schedule. benefit
Cons
salary. lack of challenge
nothing good
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 18, 2014
will never work for this company again. unfair treatment of staff, no benefits, and no room for growth in the company. another dead end job.
Was a great atmosphere
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Texas, East Texas, OklahomaNovember 27, 2015
Doing Daily Reports, made daily walks around rig location checking on personnel, Hazards, spills. I was in charge on the floor when tripping out of the hole to make sure that they were keeping hole full, also in charge ordering casing, call for cement trucks. I had good communication with my co-workers, I would have to say that the hardest part of my job would be having to fire someone, although must enforce if necessary. I must say that the most enjoyable part of the job is when I would have a completely reliable full staff properly trained and hard working.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short cuts from Employees
Enjoy our Safety Grill Outs
DATA ENTRY IN SAP PROGRAM, FILING (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 30, 2014
My position is Order Entry I process PO from clients and put them into our Radius (Pecas) system to be produced. I set up the Item request for quote and process and follow the item thru out the process to being shipped. I have been a CR for 28 years and have had to learn 3 different computer systems. The management we have here are the greatest to work with they listen and we work as a team at our facility. The hardest part of my job is the stress of trying to get products produced quicker than our normal lead time on occasion. Even though our plant is being shutdown I enjoyed working with amazing people thru out from the office to the finishing dept. sad day is when we close for good.
Pros
Getting to know your clients
Cons
Not having enough time to produce orders
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 16, 2015
It was a nice place to work , some team work , had a permanent assignment to care for my residents, I learned alot from my residents in what was needed in their daily care needs
Pros
GOOD MONEY
Cons
NO MANAGMENT BACKING OF EMPLOYEES
Valuable experience supervising rig operations.
Completions and workover consultant (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TexasOctober 30, 2015
Gained valuable experience supervising daily operations on a work over/completions rig in the Eagleford shale in south Texas. Installed packers and tubing, new rod installations, rod/pump repair jobs, and lateral clean out jobs.
Fun and challenging enviroment.
Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJune 18, 2015
Supervised all Daily well site and down hole operations.
I have learned how to work as a team to accomplish a specific set of goals for Chesapeake with 20+ rigs. Down hole troubleshooting and preventive steps. I worked for Chesapeake for 5 years the best men that I have had the pleasure to work with and for. The Hardest part managing 20+ different tasks simultaneously it was a great challenge that I enjoyed very much. Working with a GREAT team and the comradely that we all had had everyone else's support if they needed it.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
None !!!
Office Manager
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 24, 2015
The company I work for actually has 2 businesses. Biweekly I am responsible for doing payroll for approximately 50 employees. Daily I do data entry for accounts payable and receivable. Pay any outstanding invoices. Do all baking for the business. Schedule all anointment's for business. Quickly trouble shoot any problems that may arise. I enjoy dealing with customers and employees. Previously I had little to no experience with accounting software and now I am able to use MAS 90 and Quick Books.
Pros
3 weeks vacation pay and sick pay
Cons
no insurance available
great pay dont expect to long though
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKNovember 22, 2015
Horrible company very political and undercover racist ...have to kiss you know what to move up specially if your colored.
Accounting Specialist
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work involves priortizing daily activity, strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to change priorities at any given moment.

I've strengthened the ability to learn on my own by trial and error.

I've consistantly and effictivly brought past due accounts current and keept them current through prsistance in my collections efforts.

I've developed strong customer relations through prompt resposes to questions and issues at hand.

My co-workers are wonderful to work with and a delight to be around each day.

The most difficult aspect of my position involves miscommunication by others involved in daily activities.

The most emjoyable aspect of my position involves working with the folks that I do.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
lack of communictaion
testing
Field Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  pearsall txJuly 10, 2014
ran multiple crews and long hours laying and establishing pipeline paths and route, supervising crews on each job to get the neccasary product needed to frac the well, fracing operations running pumps hauling equipment heavy equipment operations working side by side with your men the majority of my life there creating tight bonds and reliable workers
Pros
made me a good supervisor
Cons
fatigue
Productive and fun.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 12, 2013
I loved going into work mostly because it seemed to go by quick because I was always doing different things during the day and staying busy. I learned how to truly communicate with customers. I loved the management. Everybody was treated equally. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
Pros
Free lunches, Good management, Nice coworkers.
Cons
Pay wasn't that great, but doable.
I 'm glad I left
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJJanuary 15, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY WAS HORRIBLE. What I learned while I was there was that I could do better. Management was horrible also THE Co- workers did not make it easier either. The hardest part of the job was everything. the most enjoyable part of the job was nothing.
Pros
TOO MANY THINGS TO NAME..
Cons
TOO MANY THINGS TO NAME
N/a
Drilling Supervisor, Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma , TexasAugust 31, 2015
I was Responsible for watching over drilling operations on various number of usually around 4, 5 with the most at one time was 7
Pros
I was contract so does not apply
Cons
N/A
Job was good learning experience
Field / Training Supervisor, Eagleford Shale (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJune 19, 2015
I learned a lot of useful knowledge that I can take with me along my travels in the oil field. Also meet some good people along the way.
Dedicated and well motivated
Oilfield Consultant (Former Employee) –  Casper wyomingMarch 16, 2013
However they give one bad apple a supervisor position and totally ruins a good team. I dont understand how they cant figure out that all the good consultants are leaving cause of one Superintendant. Must of had a turnover of 12 people that i know of. They should monitor their supervisors better.
Pros
strive for excellence
Cons
some supervisors are idiots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHESAPEAKE. Our community is ready to answer.