Cheshire Medical Center Employee Reviews

fast paced
Per Diem Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHNovember 14, 2017
This is a very busy hospital, so be prepared to work. I felt the hospital didn't have a lot to offer, but again its a hospital in an ever changing world and could be totally different now.
Very friendly and professional work environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHSeptember 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working there and I would have loved to stay there to further my medical career but, as a military spouse, I had to leave to relocate. I would recommend working there to anyone... I miss it everyday.
Hospital & Clinic setting
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHAugust 3, 2017
Clean work with a fast paced environment. Work in the hospital and in the clinic. Was good work, steady and enjoyable. Co workers were friendly, All supplies needed were furnished and provided by the company.
Pros
Clean work enviornment
Cons
Not paid enough hourly
Intern only
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 20, 2017
Fantastic site to intern at, loved everyone I worked with! I learned so much about the clinical dietetic experience at this site, I would love to work there some day.
busy place
MLT Generalist (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 3, 2017
havingworked there by myself at night,, wasveryvery busy. always thought we were bit understaffed and felt overwhelmed at time.no support from the managership
Pros
good pay
Cons
no support
A work in progress
Physician Assistant, Wound Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 13, 2017
Immediate department staff and colleagues; a hardworking and pleasant team

Administration; challenging

Most enjoyable part of the day; patients

The workplace culture is stressed and demoralizing
n/a
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 12, 2017
I loved working at cheshsire medical. loved all the people. employees and patiients both.Great place to work, but I did not agree with the new management. I suffered a great loss and was having a hard time grieving. I could not get the time off that I needed . so I had to leave.
Hard working environment, and great staff support,Fun too!
Practicum Internship Family Medicine (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 16, 2017
I was a Medical Assistant Student on my Practicum there, and everyone was so helpful with my Internship. I trained with the most wonderful people on staff there in Family Medicine. They really cared about me getting my Practicum down. I enjoyed being part of the team!
Pros
Supervisory support
Cons
Not enough time to learn all that I needed to.
Enjoyed working there
Medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ophthalmology DepartmentJanuary 3, 2017
Cheshire Medical Center was a good place to work. Enjoyed my co-workers. Company was very good at making sure everyone was trained adequately
Pros
Training
Cons
No scheduled breaks. Pay could be higher.
Great Job
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 1, 2017
I like the people and the work, just so boared there is no advancement, same job 15 years almost no training we learn as we need on our own.
Productive Department Staff
Radiology Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 30, 2015
Cheshire Medical Center is a warm, caring place for people to work, and cares for their patients concerns. I would help the dept staff with patient care, setting up rooms for the patients on a daily basis. I also helped other physicians with receiving reports and sending images to their offices as needed.
Pros
Hospital Benefits
Cons
My job could be very slow at times.
Overall summary
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 28, 2015
Great place to work. Offer a clean work place with good people to train properly. Good work balance between home and work.
Good work facility, good equipment with proper training. Very good set work schedule.
Enjoyed the type of work and that it was always a little different from time to time.
Would highly recommend this facility to others. Management was very helpful in all areas.
Pros
Great place to work.
Safety and Security Officer
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHDecember 20, 2014
A typical day consists of daily briefing, checking in with the switchboard, making rounds of all departments, and units in the hospital and clinic. Patrolling the parking lots, issuing parking tickets as needed. Weekly inspect compressed gas cylinder storage areas.
Assist customers and staff as needed. Observe psychiatric patients in the Behavioral Health section of the Emergency Department. Address concerns over safety and security. Make employee badges as needed. Pick up traffic cones daily. Respond to "Code Calls".
Provide assistance as needed. Other tasks as assigned.
Pros
Easy job, cafeteria on campus, use of the gym, and wellness programs
Cons
Often boring, lack of follow through and concern for employees on the part of Administrative staff
fun to work there
Laundry Technician (Former Employee) –  keen new hampshireNovember 16, 2014
pick up dirty laundry on al the hospital floors and help wash and press sheets.co-workers were nice as well and my manager was great.hardest part was the patrons dying and the fun was the new baby ward
Pros
good benefits
Cons
small town hospital/big town medicine.
Lead Phlebotomist, ASCP Certified (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 8, 2014
The employees are patient centered and deliver quality health care to patients with the limited resources. Like many businesses we struggle with cutbacks and shortages that create challenges in delivering good patient care. The employees work as a healthcare team to keep the patient's care first in spite of often feeling like we're dealing with a product instead of people. The hospital has a small town feel with many advantages of a larger setting.
Pros
sense of community.
Cons
low wages, understaffing and inability to take the time necesary to deliver excelant care.
Productive hard working place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 11, 2014
It was a wonderful opportunity to have an internship through Keene State to be at Cheshire Medical Center. I learned and gained a lot.
Caring and Empathetic Co-workers and Physicians
LPN (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 24, 2013
Supportive Administration and Leadership Team! Deeply cares for patients and respects their rights and responsiblities.
Pros
independence
Cons
expensive health benefits package
I worked in the ob/gyn dept.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 22, 2013
I worked here part-time as a unit secretary. I learned a lot about this department in a short time. I enjoyed my co-workers and the atmosphere was uplifting and happy.
Pros
a great learning experience
Cons
short lived.
All that glitters isnt gold.
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 25, 2012
From the very first interview coming into this environment, I was told what an advancement in my learning and skills I would have being an employee. During orientation I had a blast learning about all the facets of the organization. An entirely different story after being introduced to the floors and their "leaders." The only skills I have obtained is how to bob and weave nasty attacks from senior members. How to cover my rear. Vicious back stabbing from day one. Not a very encouraging environment for a newcomer to the hospital aspect of nursing. Very much an eat your young environment perpetuated by so called leaders who promote finger pointing instead of constructive team work.

Overall as an employee of the hospital my outlook for the future advancement within this organization is grim. There is so much the public doesn't know about the lack of care their loved ones receive due to the limited staff that are available to directly care for them. The organization as a whole along with many is very Top heavy. Way too many chiefs and no where near enough Indians.

There is a strong push for holding others accountable but in the same breath the way it is projected is just to point fingers and do nothing about it. Very seldom is there follow through when issues of any kind of serious nature, such as patient safety, patient privacy, etc are brought forth to those said to be in a supervisory role.

When it comes to staffing, employees are told we have to only book vacations on a Sunday through Saturday time frame when the majority of nursing staff are 12 hour shifts and are required
  more... to work every other weekend thus making it impossible to feasibly plan any long distance travel. This scheduling conforms to those who do indeed work the Monday through Friday cookie cutter mold. We as staff are in sheer terror to even whisper such a concept as a Nursing Union as NH is a employment at will state not a right to work state. Therefor there is no reason needed to terminate someones employment. Supervisors report information in their reviews that is insignificant to the employees overall performance. Employee timecards have been proven time and time again to be manipulated to make it look as if everyone is getting their 30 minute lunch breaks when they indeed are not. And when overtime occurs it is stricken from the records. These are things that have been proven.  less
Pros
semi decent food in the cafeteria, only accessible if you are daytime shifts.
Cons
see below
Was fun working with patients
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 20, 2012
Working with patients accounts was a challenge, but very rewarding to complete the task, setting up financial help for the needed patients and seeing them appreciate everything that we did for them was rewarding. Setting up budget accounts for outstanding bills that meet their needs without breaking their banks was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheshire Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Cheshire Medical Center Reviews by Location