Cheshire Medical Center

Cheshire Medical Center Employer Reviews

fun to work there
Laundry Technician (Former Employee), keen new hampshireNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
pick up dirty laundry on al the hospital floors and help wash and press sheets.co-workers were nice as well and my manager was great.hardest part was the patrons dying and the fun was the new baby ward
small town hospital/big town medicine.
Lead Phlebotomist, ASCP Certified (Current Employee), Keene, NHOctober 8, 2014
Pros: sense of community.
Cons: low wages, understaffing and inability to take the time necesary to deliver excelant care.
The employees are patient centered and deliver quality health care to patients with the limited resources. Like many businesses we struggle with cutbacks and shortages that create challenges in delivering good patient care. The employees work as a healthcare team to keep the patient's care first in spite of often feeling like we're dealing with a product – more... instead of people. The hospital has a small town feel with many advantages of a larger setting. – less
Productive hard working place
Internship (Former Employee), Keene, NHMarch 11, 2014
It was a wonderful opportunity to have an internship through Keene State to be at Cheshire Medical Center. I learned and gained a lot.
Caring and Empathetic Co-workers and Physicians
LPN (Current Employee), Keene, NHApril 24, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: expensive health benefits package
Supportive Administration and Leadership Team! Deeply cares for patients and respects their rights and responsiblities.
I worked in the ob/gyn dept.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Keene, NHJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: a great learning experience
Cons: short lived.
I worked here part-time as a unit secretary. I learned a lot about this department in a short time. I enjoyed my co-workers and the atmosphere was uplifting and happy.
All that glitters isnt gold.
Nursing (Current Employee), Keene, NHMarch 25, 2012
Pros: semi decent food in the cafeteria, only accessible if you are daytime shifts.
Cons: see below
From the very first interview coming into this environment, I was told what an advancement in my learning and skills I would have being an employee. During orientation I had a blast learning about all the facets of the organization. An entirely different story after being introduced to the floors and their "leaders." The only skills I have obtained – more... is how to bob and weave nasty attacks from senior members. How to cover my rear. Vicious back stabbing from day one. Not a very encouraging environment for a newcomer to the hospital aspect of nursing. Very much an eat your young environment perpetuated by so called leaders who promote finger pointing instead of constructive team work.

Overall as an employee of the hospital my outlook for the future advancement within this organization is grim. There is so much the public doesn't know about the lack of care their loved ones receive due to the limited staff that are available to directly care for them. The organization as a whole along with many is very Top heavy. Way too many chiefs and no where near enough Indians.

There is a strong push for holding others accountable but in the same breath the way it is projected is just to point fingers and do nothing about it. Very seldom is there follow through when issues of any kind of serious nature, such as patient safety, patient privacy, etc are brought forth to those said to be in a supervisory role.

When it comes to staffing, employees are told we have to only book vacations on a Sunday through Saturday time frame when the majority of nursing staff are 12 hour shifts and are required to work every other weekend thus making it impossible to feasibly plan any long distance travel. This scheduling conforms to those who do indeed work the Monday through Friday cookie cutter mold. We as staff are in sheer terror to even whisper such a concept as a Nursing Union as NH is a employment at will state not a right to work state. Therefor there is no reason needed to terminate someones employment. Supervisors report information in their reviews that is insignificant to the employees overall performance. Employee timecards have been proven time and time again to be manipulated to make it look as if everyone is getting their 30 minute lunch breaks when they indeed are not. And when overtime occurs it is stricken from the records. These are things that have been proven. – less
Was fun working with patients
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee), Keene, NHMarch 20, 2012
Working with patients accounts was a challenge, but very rewarding to complete the task, setting up financial help for the needed patients and seeing them appreciate everything that we did for them was rewarding. Setting up budget accounts for outstanding bills that meet their needs without breaking their banks was great.
Cheshire Medical Center
Food Service Representative (Former Employee), Keene, NHFebruary 10, 2012
Pros: fifty percent discount on shift meals, caught in the act cards, friendly people
Cons: warnings
Cheshire Medical Center is very well natured, with lovely people. It is also very productive and lenient with their employees and are there to guide you if you need help with anything; personal or work related problems.