Chestnut Health Systems Employee Reviews

It was an experience
Residential Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 14, 2017
I was unsure of what I was getting into when I had applied for the job but I lived within walking distance and the job was not too difficult to handle.
Meh
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 9, 2017
Overall, this is a good company to work for. I did feel that the company was more focused on its image and funding rather than focused on individual client needs. Staff was pretty friendly and easy to get along with.
Loved Working for Chestnut.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 27, 2017
My experience at Chestnut Health Systems was a completely positive one. I have nothing to say but positive things and am so impressed (in retrospect) by the leadership of this agency. I also had the best supervisor one could ask for as a first-time counselor.
It's a nice place to work
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 18, 2017
I work with clients face to face and over the phone, I work in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, I schedule/cancel appointments, I answer phones, transfer calls, make copies, file, etc...
Pros
They can be flexible
Cons
play favoiritism
Great company for younger people to start at.
Medical records clerk (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 10, 2017
I love working at Chestnut. I wish I had started here 20 years ago. In my department, our supervisors are always ready to assist in any way possible. We are treated with respect and for the most part feel appreciated. My ONLY complaint is the pay scale. Co-workers are amazing and everyone works together to get the work completed. There is a heavy work load and you are always busy.
Pros
Time off/vacation time/support from managment
Cons
Low pay
stressful
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILAugust 8, 2017
They don't appreciate their employees. The place actually sucked. They had us lying to insurance companies. They gave out 20 cent raises. The days off was the only benefit.
Great Supervisor and coworkers
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJuly 19, 2017
There is a nice atmosphere and good comradery amongst the coworkers. The supervisor is great and supportive of the staff. The only drawback is the pay. Comparable jobs pay more.
Great learning experience
Clinician II (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILJuly 4, 2017
Chestnut Health Systems is a good learning experience and has showed me how to utilize the skills I have learned. This agency provides many training opportunities and certifications.
Ever Changing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 1, 2017
This is a nice place to work. It is ever changing and there are times when you don't feel like your job is secure. But it is a great company with a sincere desire to help others.
Ever-changing work environment with lulls in activity
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at Chestnut but the pay was low and the changes were difficult to keep up with at times. It was a great position through which to gain direct client experience.
small but nice
Case Manager - Crisis unit (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJune 14, 2017
when I worked here it was still growing and getting its legs. however it was a nice small company to work for and cared for its patients and employees and that is a great thing.
Poor management and unfair working environment
Residential recovery counselor (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMay 11, 2017
Chess has extremely poor management who fail to back their employees and who are extremely ageist and unfair. They have been known to be unethical and lie their way out of situations. They are the worst employer I have ever in my 50 years of working worked for.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
All else
great benefits
Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 3, 2017
CHS provides an impressive benefits practice but your job can be terminated overnight. High workload and expects you to work over 40 hours to complete it
Interesting environment
Medical records representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 25, 2017
The management for the department I worked in would tell you if you were doing something wrong but would not tell you what you were doing wrong. Although the co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
Great co-workers
Enjoyable work
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Very busy. Great mission. Pay could be better. Need more employees at sites. Like coworkers. Can be challenging but rewarding. Great place to learn.
Great place to work!
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Chestnut is a great place to work. I was able to obtain a lot of resources and build my network through Chestnut. This job gave me a strong foundation for my next adventure.
Chestnut Health Systems is an addiction center.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed the job because I like helping people. It was a fast pace job. Lots of paperwork involved. Answering phone calls and knowing who to direct the calls to.

Very rewarding experience.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
The disappointment when clients have relapses.
Not what you think
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILFebruary 16, 2017
This company is made up of a lot of micro managers. If you do not follow their rules to the tee then you are given the cold shoulder. They will not answer emails or call you back for weeks at a time.
Pros
Some good people working there.
Cons
If you are not a butt kisser then do not apply.
Cliental varies and knowing you help those who come in is amazing.
Customer Service Representative/ Call Center (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 1, 2017
It is a place where we help those in need, so that all said it is a amazing place in that part. We are considered a Health organization so the office is rarely closed which will be good for the clients incase a event where to happen they needed to see someone.
A agency with a long range view of itself
Coordinator of Young Men's Services (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILJanuary 31, 2017
This is a growth agency that is willing to invest in itself to insure it's long-term goals. The most enjoyable aspect of this agency is being able to help it grow.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
job work/life balance