CHESTNUT HILL COLLEGE

CHESTNUT HILL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Fun Community
Applications Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2015
I have learned a lot about the admissions process from Chestnut Hill, from application entry to taking calls from prospective students. the staff is very friendly. The staff is very flexible and is always willing to help when there is a problem.
Great students, supportive community
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaDecember 1, 2014
Pros: positive learning and teaching enviornment
Cons: none that i was aware of
Chestnut Hill college is a small Catholic University in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia. I was an adjunct instructor. I taught Educational Psychology to graduate level education and Teach for America Students
It is a work enironment with the most supportive team of people.
Graduate Assistant, Inter-Library Loan Services (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great leadership and opportunities
Cons: the pay is low
In this job I have learn the importance of serving in the process of making a living. I work with people committed to their faith and serving the dear neighbor. As a leaning institution, the human resource is so diversified. However we are all committed to the mission which in return created a very friendly working environment. I have a low pay, and the job does not challenge me intellectually the way I would want to, but the benefits is attractive.
Great College
Communications Student (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: the small classes
Cons: the tuition
Very nurturing and welcoming. Most of the faculty were very helpful and the class were very small so students had the ability to work one on one with a professor.
Student worker
Student Activities Office (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2014
There was not much to do because the work load was base on the amount of students that came to rent game supplies and bikes. It was mostly quite and relaxing environment. As a student worker it was a decent job.
It was interesting learning about several different sports and their plays
Game Play Imputter (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2013
Pros: free admission to games
Cons: quick pace, inconvenient hours
While working at this job, I had to set up for home games at Chestnut Hill College. During the game, the game coordinator would watch the game and call out the plays and I would have to input the code of the play into a computer so that the entire game was electronically recorded. For the duration of the job, I learned about soccer, volleyball and basketball and the plays in the games. I went to school with my co-workers, so it was easy working and getting along with them. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the numerous amount of plays and their codes at a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to watch all of my teams home games.
Productive workplace
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2013
Cons: no breaks. worked until your time was up.
Sometimes the center would be filled with students who need help and sometimes it would be empty. Walk-ins were available and they would be assisted until someone with an appointment came in.
the best place you can work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch free computer class from the people i cleaned for
Cons: nice breacks, very nice nuns all the time
i worked there for 6 years doing housekeeping,an i learn that the nuns was very nice and managers was great my co-workers was ok,the most enjoyable part was gettig to know the nuns &the fokes in the offices.
Wonderful way to connect with residents and work with others.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2012
A typical night on duty consists of watching over residents, going on rounds, and document situations when they occur. I have great co-workers who communicate well. The hardest part of the job is to document a situation involving residents who do not cooperate. However, the most enjoyable part is to form bonds with the residents and make their year away from home enjoyable.