CHESTNUT HILL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great Small School for the Educator
Adjunct Professor and Course Designer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2017
Very good teaching and learning environment. Place strives for excellence and is very student-focused. Get out of the employment what you put into it.
Adjunct Professor
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2017
The job was typical of an adjunct professor. The supervisor who hired me was awesome, his replacement ok. The distance was too far for the compensation.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Too far, low pay
Great place to make great connections
Student Blogger (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2017
Chestnut Hill College is a great place to work, you don't feel like you're person when you're there, you feel like you're part of a family that will continue to be there for you. The amount of support and and job placement opportunities will continue to make this place flourish.
Self-empowering work environment
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19118March 29, 2017
I love working at Chestnut Hill College. There is so much support here and we work hard to make a positive impact in the students' lives. It's important to me that I try to help and make other peoples' lives easier when I work.
Time Consuming
Women's Basketball Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2017
the previous coach was not understanding of my part-time job and my classes. It was a work study job but it felt like a full time job, coach was very aggressive and asked for lot.
Mail Clerk
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Independent work for people who enjoy to work on their own at their own pace. Daily quota of work which is very reasonable. Pop in headphones and complete daily assignments.
Great Place
Coordinator, Student Learning Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2015
Great employee interactions, coworkers willing to help complete task, college well managed and students respected the college employees.
Laid back work environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2015
On a typical day I would come in, check the paper status in the printers then surf the internet while periodically checking the paper status in the printers and making sure that the rules are being followed. I was allowed to do homework, study, listen to music, etc., just as long as those requirements were met.
Fun Community
Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2015
I have learned a lot about the admissions process from Chestnut Hill, from application entry to taking calls from prospective students. the staff is very friendly. The staff is very flexible and is always willing to help when there is a problem.
Great students, supportive community
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaDecember 1, 2014
Chestnut Hill college is a small Catholic University in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia. I was an adjunct instructor. I taught Educational Psychology to graduate level education and Teach for America Students
Pros
Positive learning and teaching enviornment
Cons
None that I was aware of

Want to know more about CHESTNUT HILL COLLEGE?

Ask a question
It is a work enironment with the most supportive team of people.
Graduate Assistant, Inter-Library Loan Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
In this job I have learn the importance of serving in the process of making a living. I work with people committed to their faith and serving the dear neighbor. As a leaning institution, the human resource is so diversified. However we are all committed to the mission which in return created a very friendly working environment. I have a low pay, and the job does not challenge me intellectually the way I would want to, but the benefits is attractive.
Pros
Great leadership and opportunities
Cons
The pay is low
Great College
Communications Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2014
Very nurturing and welcoming. Most of the faculty were very helpful and the class were very small so students had the ability to work one on one with a professor.
Pros
the small classes
Cons
the tuition
Student worker
Student Activities Office (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2014
There was not much to do because the work load was base on the amount of students that came to rent game supplies and bikes. It was mostly quite and relaxing environment. As a student worker it was a decent job.
It was interesting learning about several different sports and their plays
Game Play Imputter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2013
While working at this job, I had to set up for home games at Chestnut Hill College. During the game, the game coordinator would watch the game and call out the plays and I would have to input the code of the play into a computer so that the entire game was electronically recorded. For the duration of the job, I learned about soccer, volleyball and basketball and the plays in the games. I went to school with my co-workers, so it was easy working and getting along with them. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the numerous amount of plays and their codes at a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to watch all of my teams home games.
Pros
Free admission to games
Cons
Quick pace, inconvenient hours
Productive workplace
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2013
Sometimes the center would be filled with students who need help and sometimes it would be empty. Walk-ins were available and they would be assisted until someone with an appointment came in.
Cons
no breaks. worked until your time was up.
the best place you can work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2013
i worked there for 6 years doing housekeeping,an i learn that the nuns was very nice and managers was great my co-workers was ok,the most enjoyable part was gettig to know the nuns &the fokes in the offices.
Pros
free lunch free computer class from the people i cleaned for
Cons
nice breacks, very nice nuns all the time
Wonderful way to connect with residents and work with others.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2012
A typical night on duty consists of watching over residents, going on rounds, and document situations when they occur. I have great co-workers who communicate well. The hardest part of the job is to document a situation involving residents who do not cooperate. However, the most enjoyable part is to form bonds with the residents and make their year away from home enjoyable.