Chestnut Hill Hospital

Chestnut Hill Hospital Employee Reviews

Absolutely the best
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2015
I lack adequate words to describe my love for this place. This is the environment for overall growth literally. One of the best places to work in the world. I love the hospital- great care, awesome work environment.
Great place to work at
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2015
Pros: been doing it for almost 30yrs love it
Cons: none really
Emergency Dept. answer phones call Doctors make a lot calls to everyone. Discharge patients from the computer Keep a log of all codes and patient holds in the ER. Must know everything going on in the department at all times. I work with doctors, nurses, techs and the very sick. I can keep a level head among lots of kayos. Deal with a lot of different personalities. My Manager is a great person very fair very easy to get a long with. Co workers young and smart a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part is dealing with a young death we all feel it. The good part making people smile again.
ok
Part time Pharmacy Lab Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2015
Better place to work. Every one is friendly and co-operative. I always make recommadation of my friend. I learn every day from this place.
Professional staff
Obstetric Technician (Former Employee), Germantown, PhiladelphiaMay 21, 2015
Pros: Professionals
Cons: Better food
Chestnut Hill Hospital holds high standard for its employee.The unit was always busy and the staff worked well as a team.
Negative Evironment know assistance
Environmental Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, salary, fellow workers
Cons: no support system
Loved working for the company however the employees I was supervising were union and wanted to complain and protest every little thing other than work and I received no type of director assistance at all on different issues I was instructed to put in to play.
To be laid off with know notice was the worst of all
High energy and a lovely place to work and gain experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2014
Pros: pretty good compensation, co-workers become your friends, health care benefits are great.
I work in Labor & Delivery department my job was to make sure my area was sanitized and clean so that the patient would feel comfortable and safe while delivering there newborn. The management there is excellent always allowing an open door policy which is wonderful if I have a problem with anything. My co-workers where easy to get along with .helping people and making a clean and safe environment for me was a enjoyable part of mu job.
Very nice staff
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2014
The staff is very nice, hard working and focused on meeting pts needs.
Children's Hospital was a Temporary position which was good and very heartfelt position
Patient Service Representative (OB GYN) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: such a pleasant environment to work in.
Cons: temporary position
A typical day at work would be greeting Patients and there families for there Cardiology visits. Collecting co-pays and scheduling any other appointments such stress test, CT scans. Management was good co-workers were team players. Everyone were just great. The hardest part of the job was to hear when the children would pass away from various heart diseases. That was very difficult for me because I have children and just can't imagine being without them. The most enjoyable part was seeing the children still smiling when they were dealing with so much and fighting to survive. They inspired me so much within my own life and I thank them for that
Working in the operating room assisting physician with scheduled or emergent procedures.
Surgical Technologist/ Liaison (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: distance from home
A day at work consist of meetings to assure both the operating room and Central Sterile Processing department understands and agrees with all task at hand. Checking the daily schedule to see where my assignment is in order to help get the room running on time. Check for sterility of the environment to assure that the patient is in the best care possible.Pick cases for the following day schedule. What I have learned is to be patient and caring to all people. My co-workers are pleasant and a joy to work with for over the last 10 years.
Mos tdifficult part of the job is seeing people suffer with pain and illness. Most enjoyable part of the job is good diagnosis for a patient and as liaison, a co-worker to tell me something worked better for them that I implemented.
Very friendly and promoting environment
RN (Current Employee), ICUJuly 3, 2014
Pros: staff management
Cons: pay is the worst
I have worked agency and every staff member I worked with was friendly and professional. It is a small community hospital but cares for patients in a skilled professional manner. The pay is probably the lowest I have ever worked for they need to adjust that with current pay scales for RN's. Other than that it is a great place to work if your are a new RN or one whom is tired of the big center city fast paced environment, this is a refreshing change.
Manageable and pleasant work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2014
Working evening shift can be hard, especially with a commute involved; nonetheless, the job was manageable as were the patient assignments. On average each aide was assigned seven to 10 patients, and was required to obtain vital signs, assist them with ADLs, collect specimens, etc. I learned a lot working at this job, especially since it was my first cooperative experience through Drexel University. This was essentially the foundation of building my nursing skills which only strengthened from clinical rotations and job experiences thereafter. The nursing staff was always friendly and helpful when it came to patient care which is one thing I really admired about this work environment.
Management is terrible.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: everything.
They care about and favor certain people. No one follows policy unless it suits them or the situation. Its all terrible. No one makes what they should. Pay is terrible, unless youre desperate. I will be finding a new job.
Management Sucks
Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2014
Not a professional environment. The management here do not follow their own polices and guidelines. No control
Caring enviornment
Unit Secretary, Woman's Health (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: happy enviornment
Cons: my department closed
Staff members that are dedicated to a patients well being while insuring that the patients are comfortable.
Comfortable and friendly environment to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at work would involve patient care, data entry, replenishing the floor with supplies, cleaning equipment, EKG's, ACCU checks, I&O's, communicating with staff, patients and family members. Management Is great with involvement and communication. Most co-workers are team players and communicate effectively. The hardest part of the job in some cases when staffing is low and census are high the day can become overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team that respect each other and interact effectively.
Poorly staffed but great management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2013
Great management but coworkers are less inclined to assist. Nothing is computerized.
Assisting in patients needs.
OB/GYN Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2013
Answering phones,making patients appointments,filing patient medical charts,my co-workers was very helpful and the most enjoyable part was helping the doctor's.
Terrific team of practitioners
Staff RN (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: close to home.
Cons: not enough hours
The community was diverse and interesting. This was my first hospital where I learned about labor and delivery. The teachers were patient and thorough.
Medical Assistant/Front Desk person
Held Medical Assistant/Front Desk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2013
Pros: i was able to move around and learned
Cons: management
I worked at Chestnut Hill Hospital for two years I started out as a Medical Assistant for GYN/Urology department and I learned a lot doing the labs for urology and GYN was very interesting. Both jobs was hard because it was a very busy practice. In urology it was only me working on the floor with three rooms and doing the labs. At the GYN department it was three to two MA's working on the floor with two to three doctors working. I moved to Family Practice and there are 13 doctors seven to eight doctors working daily. I eventually worked the front desk because I earned my Associates in Medical Billing and wanted to learn more about the front desk.
very productive
Admission Specialist/Registrar ER (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2013
Pros: close to shops
Very pleasant patients and great place to work. Theres alot of room for advacement and tuition reimbursment

Chestnut Hill Hospital Salaries