Chestnut Hill Hospital Employee Reviews

very stressful
FULL TIME WEEKEND GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2017
very busy. understaffed. often run out of reagents. administration not encouraging. employees treated as expendable commodities. all focus on nursing. other departments seen as extraneous
Cons
often no break
Draining, cheap and inexperienced Management team
Emergency Department Lead registrar (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2017
The pay is lower than any other hospital in Phila., there is no structured training courses for new hires. To much work on one person and favoritism. :)
great hospital
Full time member of a code team (Former Employee) –  germentown , paMarch 22, 2017
very clean facility. staff is wonderful and very professional. people all want to provide best care to assist patients in their needs. will deff recommeand.
Like working here fun great environment but to little pay
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2017
It's and okay place to work if the pay were better then I would like to stay here longer but at the pay rate I can't get to far in life I enjoy my job.. I just wish it paid more
entry level nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2017
At least twenty words about being a registered nurse in the city of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. I have been a nurse since 2015.
working and thankful
cna/mht (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2017
some day are easy and some days are hard. Its work and I am thankful for a job. I go to work do my job and go home. Every jobs has issues and improvements to be made.
Working
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 21, 2016
This was super easy for me. I was working at a slow pace on certain days and working at a fast pace on others. But it's a very friendly environment and everyone gets along and helps you out.
Very unprofessional
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2016
The schedule was all over the place, reason for me quitting is because my supervisor continued to tell me important things at the last minute and I ended up not being able to go to them.
Pros
Breaks, healthcare facility
Cons
Emergency dept always something different going on
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2016
Ok place to work been there almost 30yrs everyday is different can't say what is going to happen in the ER. Nice co workers management is fair. It is a for profit hospital so salaries are just average.
Pros
Cons
no ;unch coverage
wonderful hospital small community ,caring and compassionate
MD OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2016
as above, loved being a part of this community hospital for almost 15 years, great competent compassionate nurses and physicians as well as managers, and staff
Pros
good benefits, great patient base . very ecclectic
Cons
not much ancillary support eg no residents, but manageable
Very stressful atmosphere
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2016
Very tough environment to work in. My day consisted of a lot of confusion. To many higher authorities that will pull you in different directions. You have to be focused. Do not get in to the cattiness that goes on in these offices. The hardiest part of the job is going there everyday and dealing with the people who push they weight around trying to intimidate you. So you know the best part is going home.
Pros
experince
Cons
experinece
A better place to work
Full-time geriatric psychiatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2016
I love the management both unit base and within upper management.
Working with my peers was a grate experience.Nurses are provided proper training and the management don't micro manage. They respect and support nurses and their capabilities of performing their duties.
Pros
Management and RN peers
Cons
Some of the AIDS and MHT not up to the task.
Great race to have worked
Interventional Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2016
Awesome group or employees. Great experiences and opportunities for advancement and cross training.

Management cares about and fights for the staff to improve work environment or needs.
Pros
Staff work well with each other
Cons
None that I can think off
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2016
I cared for patients with different diseases. the nurses and other staff members were very friendly and easy to work with.
My first job
Housekeeper­Jul (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, PAApril 10, 2016
It was good for a few months then the union and other things start goin on. it ruined the job. people where being fired back and fourth.
Pros
the people
Cons
putting others people work load on you.
nice and clean workplace
enivoremental associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2015
I loved working here I gained a lot of experience in this field and good customer service...and the empoyess where great
Work you to death!
None (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2015
Chestnut Hill hospital is a difficult place to work. They are very short staffed so, there isn't enough staff to complete tasks. Everyone is running around like crazy people because no one can take care of basic business needs.
Cons
working with management was very enlightening, helpful and a great learning experience. I would go back immediately if their was an opening for me.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2015
My co-workers were the best. All of my managers were friendly, helpful and supportive. Loved attending all board & management meetings. I learned so much. The doctors/nurses were very friendly & helpful. I loved my job as the Risk Management Assistant.
Pros
I would definitely work at CHH again.
Cons
None. Just wished I wasn't laid off. love that hospital.
Chestnut Hill is a small community hospital that caters to the needs and medical welfare of the public
Switchboard Operator/Telecommunications (Current Employee) –  Phila, Pa, 19118September 27, 2015
Although the facility is small compared to its competition in the city their patient care is top notch. From their emergency room care to their state of the art MRI department Chestnut Hill Hospital is certainly one of the best hospitals not only in the community but in the city of Phila as well.
ChestnutHill Hospital
Phlebotomist/Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2015
Its a really good hospital and i love my the people i work with,
we all work really hard and we are team players. Also i learn alot of new things working there
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chestnut Hill Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Chestnut Hill Hospital Reviews by Location