Chestnut Hill Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

My first job
Housekeeper­Jul (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, PAApril 10, 2016
It was good for a few months then the union and other things start goin on. it ruined the job. people where being fired back and fourth.
Pros
the people
Cons
putting others people work load on you.
working with management was very enlightening, helpful and a great learning experience. I would go back immediately if their was an opening for me.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2015
My co-workers were the best. All of my managers were friendly, helpful and supportive. Loved attending all board & management meetings. I learned so much. The doctors/nurses were very friendly & helpful. I loved my job as the Risk Management Assistant.
Pros
I would definitely work at CHH again.
Cons
None. Just wished I wasn't laid off. love that hospital.
Chestnut Hill is a small community hospital that caters to the needs and medical welfare of the public
Switchboard Operator/Telecommunications (Current Employee) –  Phila, Pa, 19118September 27, 2015
Although the facility is small compared to its competition in the city their patient care is top notch. From their emergency room care to their state of the art MRI department Chestnut Hill Hospital is certainly one of the best hospitals not only in the community but in the city of Phila as well.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2016
I cared for patients with different diseases. the nurses and other staff members were very friendly and easy to work with.
Work you to death!
None (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2015
Chestnut Hill hospital is a difficult place to work. They are very short staffed so, there isn't enough staff to complete tasks. Everyone is running around like crazy people because no one can take care of basic business needs.
A day with Chestnut Hill
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2015
I monitor between 45-50 heart monitors and did patient care.
I learned how to work front desk as a unit clerk. Was able to work with other floors beside the Cardiac Unit.
The management are very pleasant.
The co-workers became family. Team work was always being used.
The hardest part was when a patient expired.
The most enjoyable was the smile on the patient face after great care obtained from the nurses and nursing assistant.
Learning Experience
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, PAJuly 14, 2015
My typical day at work, I clean patient rooms when they are discharged. Along, with cleaning high volume areas where patients go to receive out patient care. I learned more about empathy while working at this hospital full of sick people. The most enjoyable part of my job is being recognized for the outstanding work and effort i put in while at work.
Security Guard
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2015
During a typical day at the hospital I take on several jobs. I make sure that work atmosphere is safe for everyone by checking every floor for suspicious activity. I also greet visitors and employees at the door. I thoroughly check each person for ID cards or their purpose for visiting the hospital. I escort visitors throughout the hospital. I also try to work as a teammate with each individual to make everyone's job easier. I learned how to be more versatile in the workplace to accomplish enhance my customer service. The hardest part of the job is knowing how to react to different personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with new people.
Pros
Meeting new people, flexible schedule
Cons
available shifts
nice and clean workplace
enivoremental associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2015
I loved working here I gained a lot of experience in this field and good customer service...and the empoyess where great
Great place to work at
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2015
Emergency Dept. answer phones call Doctors make a lot calls to everyone. Discharge patients from the computer Keep a log of all codes and patient holds in the ER. Must know everything going on in the department at all times. I work with doctors, nurses, techs and the very sick. I can keep a level head among lots of kayos. Deal with a lot of different personalities. My Manager is a great person very fair very easy to get a long with. Co workers young and smart a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part is dealing with a young death we all feel it. The good part making people smile again.
Pros
been doing it for almost 30yrs love it
Cons
none really

Want to know more about Chestnut Hill Hospital?

Ask a question
ChestnutHill Hospital
Phlebotomist/Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2015
Its a really good hospital and i love my the people i work with,
we all work really hard and we are team players. Also i learn alot of new things working there
productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2015
not a good place to work no team players not a fair place to work. no hours always getting cancelled and the people there are not friendly at all.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
no team players
Absolutely the best
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2015
I lack adequate words to describe my love for this place. This is the environment for overall growth literally. One of the best places to work in the world. I love the hospital- great care, awesome work environment.
ok
Part time Pharmacy Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2015
Better place to work. Every one is friendly and co-operative. I always make recommadation of my friend. I learn every day from this place.
Professional staff
Obstetric Technician (Former Employee) –  Germantown, PhiladelphiaMay 21, 2015
Chestnut Hill Hospital holds high standard for its employee.The unit was always busy and the staff worked well as a team.
Pros
Professionals
Cons
Better food
Negative Evironment know assistance
Environmental Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2014
Loved working for the company however the employees I was supervising were union and wanted to complain and protest every little thing other than work and I received no type of director assistance at all on different issues I was instructed to put in to play.
To be laid off with know notice was the worst of all
Pros
excellent benefits, salary, fellow workers
Cons
no support system
High energy and a lovely place to work and gain experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2014
I work in Labor & Delivery department my job was to make sure my area was sanitized and clean so that the patient would feel comfortable and safe while delivering there newborn. The management there is excellent always allowing an open door policy which is wonderful if I have a problem with anything. My co-workers where easy to get along with .helping people and making a clean and safe environment for me was a enjoyable part of mu job.
Pros
pretty good compensation, co-workers become your friends, health care benefits are great.
Very friendly and promoting environment
RN (Current Employee) –  ICUJuly 3, 2014
I have worked agency and every staff member I worked with was friendly and professional. It is a small community hospital but cares for patients in a skilled professional manner. The pay is probably the lowest I have ever worked for they need to adjust that with current pay scales for RN's. Other than that it is a great place to work if your are a new RN or one whom is tired of the big center city fast paced environment, this is a refreshing change.
Pros
staff management
Cons
pay is the worst
Manageable and pleasant work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2014
Working evening shift can be hard, especially with a commute involved; nonetheless, the job was manageable as were the patient assignments. On average each aide was assigned seven to 10 patients, and was required to obtain vital signs, assist them with ADLs, collect specimens, etc. I learned a lot working at this job, especially since it was my first cooperative experience through Drexel University. This was essentially the foundation of building my nursing skills which only strengthened from clinical rotations and job experiences thereafter. The nursing staff was always friendly and helpful when it came to patient care which is one thing I really admired about this work environment.
Children's Hospital was a Temporary position which was good and very heartfelt position
Patient Service Representative (OB GYN) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2014
A typical day at work would be greeting Patients and there families for there Cardiology visits. Collecting co-pays and scheduling any other appointments such stress test, CT scans. Management was good co-workers were team players. Everyone were just great. The hardest part of the job was to hear when the children would pass away from various heart diseases. That was very difficult for me because I have children and just can't imagine being without them. The most enjoyable part was seeing the children still smiling when they were dealing with so much and fighting to survive. They inspired me so much within my own life and I thank them for that
Pros
such a pleasant environment to work in.
Cons
temporary position