Chevron Phillips Chemical Company

Chevron Phillips Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Oil & Gas history. Enjoyed the time I was there - the group I worked with was family oriented and a fun group to work with.
MARKETING AIDE (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Worked in the downtown area for (1) year at Chevron. The company
relocated to The Woodlands and I was there for 10 years. Worked
as a Marketing Aide, handling pricing for Specialty Chemicals and Drilling. Work days 7:00 - 4:00, the company offered 9/80 days, so I was off every other Monday.

Typical work day consisted of bringing current & entering price records, responsible for 800, clearing over payment report.

Management & co-workers worked as a team daily to have worked
completed by end of work day.

The Job really wasn't hard but a challenge. Sometimes I would get
200-300 price records a day for entry. It was important to make sure
prices were entered due to invoices that were to be mailed customers.

The enjoyable part of the job was the holidays at Chevron Phillips. The company would decorate & have contest. Thanksgiving & Christmas dinner were awesome. Overall I enjoyed my 11 years
with the company.
Pros
9/80 days.
Cons
adjusting to management changes. several changes due to moving out of state, promotions, etc.
Small plant with a family like atmosphere
Analyzer Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 11, 2015
Typical day of work would working with operations on any new issues with analyzers on the unit, making rounds on the unit to catch any possible problems and checking utility gasses.

I've learned a great deal of project management, starting with the beginning of the project all the way through the commission and start up.

We have had several changes of management since I have started working there but with the current set of managers I believe we are heading in the right direction to return our plant back to the top of the production spectrum.

I have some great coworkers

The hardest part of my job would be the lack of planning by operations from time to time causing maintenance employees to have to be forced to work overtime when they don't want.

I enjoy the small tight nit family like atmosphere
Fantastic Place to Work and Great People
Analytical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 15, 2014
CPChem has a strong focus on employee safety. There are various programs headed by co-workers that are sponsored by CPChem to help create a safe work environment with a focus on inclusiveness. CPChem has also been growing, so there is a great feeling of job security.
Great Place for a Career
SAP Technical and Applications Team Lead (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 10, 2015
Outstanding management, professional growth opportunities are great, benefits are over the top but career advancement is somewhat limited.
Pros
Benefits and Growth Opportunity
Cons
Career Advancement
safe place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 21, 2015
Expectations clearly stated. Safe work environment. Employees motivated. Thorough training provided. Qualified co workers. Encouraging management.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
stressful environment at times
401k matching, bonus program
EHS Specialist - Research & Technology (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJune 25, 2014
Providing guidance and support on issues in the research and technology setting. Developed an understanding of the day to day operations in a laboratory setting.
Good Solid Company
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 21, 2015
Great place to learn about the chemical business. Great pool of knowledge throughout the company. Good benefits, and secure employment choice.
Great company
Operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Bayou Baytown Tx.August 3, 2013
Cedar Bayou - Great Company to work for... Good benefits, pay, and plenty of overtime if that's what you are looking for. Not to mention the site is expanding.
Great work environment/ Constantly learning.
Polyethylene Pipe and Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXDecember 27, 2012
Great company to work for. Ability to have week days off and on is an advantage.
Strong company
Supply Chain Rep (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 16, 2012
Chevron Phillips is a strong company and has been successful since its inception.
Pros
low turnover, great work - life balance