Chevron Products Company

Chevron Products Company Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
System Controller (Former Employee), Concord, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: diverse functions/exposure to accounting/finance work
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Very challenging position, team oriented group. Great supervisor who ensured great work was rewarded.
Good company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 14, 2013
Pros: stong safety culture.
Cons: chevron eliminated its truck fleet.
My typical day at Chevron was very busy. Drivers typically delivered between five and seven loads per day, worked ten to twelve hours per day, and had to deal with a lot of traffic. Over all, Chevron did practice a strong safety culture and the compensation package was excellent.
Excellent place to work in all aspects
Manager, Blend Plant/Distribution Center (Former Employee), Richmond CAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: all aspects
Challenging assignments, lots of opportunity to grow, supportive and inclusive work environment and excellent compensation.
The good and the bad
decline (Former Employee), San Ramon, CASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: very safety oriented, good comp package
Cons: department cutbacks, constant rotation of people
I joined Downstream & Chemical as an experienced hire and adapting to the company culture was interesting. So many people had "grown up" living the Chevron Way that they forget what it's like for an outsider. Some team members were very helpful, others not so much because they perceive you as an outsider. My supervisor on my last rotation was passive – more... aggressive, so every day seemed to be like walking on eggshells. All I can tell you is do your homework before you join as each division/unit has a different personality. – less
Only worked for this company a short time.
Sr. Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2012
As a Human Resources representative, my duties were mostly confidential. The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to advance.
The best of times, the worst of times
HR Assistant as well as other titles (Former Employee), San RamonJuly 20, 2012
Pros: birthday parties, team building events, holiday parties, unlimited educational opportunities, and charity events.
Cons: back stabbing, popularity over know how, and being targeted
I have worked in several roles at Chevron from the refinery to the corporate office. At the refinery they treat the contractors horribly in terms of how thy speak to them. They like to play pranks and joke around a lot which can be fun if you aren't the target. At the corporation certain departments treats employees like thy are dispensable. Hard work – more... is out-shadowed by popularity. I seen someone who worked really hard and was very knowledgeable get passed over for the office favorite who barely came to work and never had answers. The best part is that they would throw birthday parties monthly for the employees birthdays, they team building events were fun, and the charity events. In addition, there are so many avenues to explore, if they like you. If you are not liked by most they can make working there very stressful in that you may get targeted and they will work together to do whatever they need to do to have you fired. I was personally followed around, a co-worker would email supervisor every time I came to work, and people would look over my shoulder to see if I was working. – less
Working for a major company, felt good.
Section Trainer (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 11, 2012
Indoor/outdoor time and area I had to cover was great. Also exercise equipment in the controlroom.
Summery
Senior Retail Training Specialist (Former Employee), La HabraJune 22, 2012
Best company i have ever worked for. Great management and team members.
Review of Chevron Downstream - Americas Marketing
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 9, 2012
Pros: excellent pay and benefits, co-workers, great otj training
Cons: unsupportive/untrained managers due to reorgs, too many cut-backs w/ the work
Chevron is a wonderful company at which to work, and most of my career I had outstanding and supportive supervisors/managers. I was fortunate to have 11 different job positions over a 22 1/2-year career with Chevron. Chevron always had some kind of program or community involvement which I signed up for to help myself and my family remain involved in – more... important community initiatives, as well.

The last reorganization really took a toll on the company overall. Chevron lost a lot of talent, and many employess who kept their jobs ended up leaving Chevron due to issues with work/life balance, the new job load requirements, new supervisors/managers were not properly trained and given those responsibilites, etc. There were a lot of changes in a short amount of time. I happened to be in a group that took a huge "hit" in personnel changes, and received a new manager who was not happy with his demotion and move to Houston. I was the subject matter expert of the Marketer side of the business and he chose me to lead his group, do my job, and train the new employees. He also selected me for special projects, and I was working on a Global Contract Generation project. At the same time, I was sought out by the Manager of Marketing Policies and Programs in California to help with a Dual Branded contract project. I had the highest salary in the group, the most work, and did an excellent job. The manager could not keep up with the staffing requirements as my co-workers were "jumping ship" to get other jobs outside of the group. My manager gave me the lowest performance I've ever received in my Chevron career....it wasn't horrible, just the lowest, and it wasn't truthful or acceptable to me. I disagreed with his evaluation and was suspended that afternoon, and terminated at the end of the week.

I still love Chevron, and enjoyed my career at the company. It's just unfortunate what happened and that employees who don't have the soft skills or management skills are still given those roles in the company. Two more employees have successfully left the group since I left on March 9, 2012. I was in the process of posting out of the group, and was told that since I was working on my special project that I couldn't post for jobs. Later, I was given reasons that I should stay in the group. I just feel confident that I was a great employee while I worked for Chevron and I worked to the best of my ability each day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with on a daily basis. I worked with 9 managers in the field. In the office, my co-workers were great and we all got along very well at work, and outside of work. We helped one another with our work without having to make official requests through our manager. We had, and still have, great friendships. The managers in the field thought I was the best Contract Administrator they had ever worked with in their careers. I would leave the job at times to work on special assignments, and they would call and send emails requesting that I not go. They would instead ask if there were a job upgrade I could have so I could stay in the group long-term.

I worked very well with different groups throughout Chevron, and with terminals and customers. It was a good feeling to be a dependent resource for the group, and one who's name was passed on to others when help was needed.

The hardest part of the job was the constant reprioritizing of work. This wasn't just needed each day, but sometimes by the hour, depending on calls/emails received from the field.

I learned everything I know about SAP and Contract Management/Administration at Chevron. I have many other skills in my skill set that I also learned while employed at Chevron. – less