Chevron Stations Inc Employee Reviews in United States

I was treated well by all I worked with
cashier (Former Employee) –  9680 business park drJune 9, 2015
I cashiered , stocked, cooked, checked in vendors. I worked well with my boss and co-workers. My favorite part of the job was working with the customers.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
not having a set schedule
Steady and secure pay, flexible hours, better than other stations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work was fast paced; almost no room for slack. Some of my coworkers were competent and knew what they were doing and some were incompetent and did not know how to do the simplest of things . About half of the staff move slowly and slacked while the other half took their jobs seriously and worked hard. The customers were friendly and surprisingly reasonable. The manager cares for his job, he's been a good and kind boss to me; tough job to go through on a daily basis, but he does his best. I learned the meaning of hard and fast paced work, how to become a people person and how to manage, learned a little about cars as well, most important of all I learned how to be a professional. The most challenging aspect about my job is the high number of customers we go through on a daily basis. We are surely outnumbered and some of the coworkers don't know how to work under pressure. On the other hand the most enjoyable aspect about my job is how easy and simple it is. I am good at what I do.
Pros
Flexible and steady schedule, steady pay
Cons
lacks breaks for everybody, poor training system
Job
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 26, 2015
I enjoy the fast paced environment of being employed at one of the highest sales stores in the district. The benefits are high in cost and the wages and not very competitive. I was employed in Riverside CA
Okay work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 28, 2015
Everybody wanted to everybody else's friend and as a result not much work would get done. I found it to be unfulfilling work.
a valuable experience for learning patience and meeting great friends
Customer Service representative (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 17, 2015
great job for learning the ins and out of customer service
gains appreciation for learning new electronic systems and having great public interaction. gain great relationships with returning customers and staff alike
cash handeling, stocking, cleaning, cooking, vendor interaction, meintenence of specific machinary, organizational skills gained
Ilearned alot in patience and confidence in my public speaking skills, as well as using quick decision making skills to overcome obsticles that arose when management was unavailable.
management is great at keeping staff motivated
coworkers are great for support in the fast paced environment, as well as make great friends in the workplace.
the hardest part of the job is probably the volume of customers that can flood the store at any time of day in the rush hours, but does help each employee find a good rhythm for time management.
the best part of the job is the reward of knowing at the end of the day you helped some people so much and made their day just a little brighter by poroviding a clean safe location to come and go shopping and get gas, as well as have a great interaction with our staff.
Pros
great relationships with friends in customers and coworkers.
Cons
can be very busy
Wonderful company
Acting ASM Jan (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAApril 16, 2015
I worked for CSI for almost 8 years and it was a wonderful experience, my manager was always telling me what I needed to improve on and gave me the opportunity to be an acting asst manager when our asm was unable to do her work
customer service oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeworth, FLFebruary 14, 2015
very good company with very focused on customer service and product promotion high level energetic place to work where customer like to come shopping again and again
Busy and friendly work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIDecember 28, 2014
This too, very multi tasking kind of job, work in and out doors. Deal with a lot of people. Customer service a must.
Good Workplace with great customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 14, 2014
A typical day at work starts with waking up early and arriving on time. Greeting and meeting customers needs and then going on to writing vendor orders for the day. I've learned the most about handling customer complaints while working here, I've seen them all from "the coffee's too hot" to the "car wash damaged my car." My most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new customers and making them regular customers by providing excellent customer service.
Pros
free soda
Cons
healthcare benefits
I like meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2014
I like to work with Chevron because I am able to meet new people everyday, if not I'm able learn new things on a daily and help people who are not able to help themselves, such as handicap people. I learn that things are not always easy but if I stay on task it should work itself out. All my co workers and I work together as a team, if we don't know something we get together and figure it out.
It's very challenging work place but I enjoy working here,specially handling the Employees
Station Manager at CSI (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is at the corporate meetings where we get the answer's to handle several types of questions.The hardest part of the job to satisfy the all Employees with their requests and make them happy.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 5, 2013
My time at Chevron Stations Inc was a great experience because it was retail. I had to talk to the customers throughout the day which is really fun especially everyday customers. This job was very easy and fun to be at.
A very good place to work
Business Development Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, AOctober 17, 2013
The management of a convenience store with gas. Helping people all day long.
fun work place
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CASeptember 5, 2013
on a typical day i was in charge of the store gravy yard shift i was to make sure all food and coffee was ready to go for the morning rush i did all the inventory that was needed for the daily counts
Pros
fulltime
Cons
working grave yard
Fast pace work place
Station Manager Zone 12D (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 26, 2013
Clock in, inspect station, daily paperwork, cashier reconciliation, fill safe, order inventory, pump compliance, break cashier, cleaning loops, interact with customers. Back stock, health compliance. Check emails, daily report outs
Pros
fast work enviroment, friendly co-workers, great safety culture
Cons
short breaks, unexpected inspections
overall great place
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 6, 2013
chevron has the best quality of gasoline the consumer needs. always had best interest for safety for employess and customers.
Too micro managed
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAApril 9, 2013
For xtra money, its alright. Manager is very good, but she can only be as good as the company she is managing for.
was a good place to work for a younger person
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAFebruary 6, 2013
casher, worked with will all kinds of people and a lot of hours
Reliable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 19, 2012
Open store, maintain clean business operations, company uniform, Change oil and filter in customer vehicles, check and fill all fluids and gear boxes, grease and lube all zert fittings, check all fluids under the hood(brake,power steering, coolant), Check air filter, breather and precision crankcase valve( p.c.v.) , resale items if need to be replaced, wash windows, check tire pressure and vacuum out vehicle, enter customer's information in database and cash out customer...inside of twenty to thirty minutes.
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
winter months
Bad Management and Culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAOctober 2, 2012
The management set unrealistic goals and threatens to take action on you if you don't achieve these goals. Total unfair. They treat you like a piece of meat.
Pros
pay
Cons
management and culture

4.2