Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 1,086 reviews matching the search
overwhelmingly busy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 12, 2017
the money was nice, and the store was constantly busy. It was almost hard to keep up with everything without any help. I managed to monitor the store outside as well as in for any messes. Logged and cleaned any gas pump spills. Helped people figure out how their pumps work, kept all products stocked. I also promoted the gift cards as required, answered phone calls and handled any complaints. I also kept the register at a fixed amount. This job would have been ideal, however my manager didn't fully train me or explain things fully. When asked certain questions she floundered and in the end I had to learn from her boss just to do my job. I also had problems with unstable customers harassing me. My manager just brushed it off. I had no choice in the end but to quit.
Pros
excellent hours, benefits, 5/7 days a week
Cons
very poor management, safety problems concerning harrassment
My goal is to ensure training and development can be applied on the job to increase performance and improve the business.
Learning & Development Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2017
I am energized by learners who are able to articulate to me that they can actually apply the knowledge they've just gained. I motivate others to learn and improve their performance by my energy and ability to engage them, resulting in higher retention and ultimately greater performance. While monetary compensation is necessary to survive, my #1 motivator to work is in seeing others develop their competencies.

I've learned that establishing relationships paramount to success in the workplace.
fun work place
Retail data quality analyst (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 16, 2016
typical day depended's on what what happen out in the field, could be system network issues that were causing caller not able to complete they paperwork we would need to determine if it was a system issue,price book issue,audit issue and then transfer to appropriate team to assist caller in a timely manner. Learned to get as must information as possible to help route caller to correct department. Working with other team members knowledge can help resolve issue more effectively

Hardest part of the job is not being able to resolve the issue

The most enjoyable part .. is resolving the costumer needs .
Pros
great benefits, nice team to work with
Cons
depends on management what they get out of there employees
Productive and professional workplace that put great importance on the employees
Public Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2017
In a typical day, people were free to come in and leave at any time they wanted as long as they completed their 8 or 9-hour workday. This company has incredible benefits and treats their employees with respect and care. The workplace culture was one of the most positive ones that I have experienced; as an intern, my co-workers kept me in the loop and enjoyed getting to know me.
Great culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Great corporate culture, great work life/balance, and great benefits However, it suffers from bureaucratic hurdles like many other large organizations. Growth and movement in the organization is far too dependent on one's manager and too many politics play into career advancement
Team workers, Hard workers
Sr. Office Administrator Project Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 9, 2016
Chevron is one of the BEST companies I have had the pleasure to work for. Very close staff. Everyone pulls for each other.
The benefits are great. My hours are perfect. Unfortunately this BU is closing down and going to Questa Mine site. There the project will go into reclamation. I have learned so many skills with Chevron and they always encourage me to learn more.
My supervisor is great and my coworker are assume.
Pros
On line education, Paid education. Bonuses
Cons
May not always like what is handed out but someone has to do it
Recent and pending layoffs
Tech (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 8, 2017
Incredibly competitive workplace, in the sense that you're seen to be competing with your co-workers. Recent layoffs have soured morale. Nearly all perks have been taken away. Raises have been stagnant for two years. Training has all but stopped.
Pros
Very mature safety culture, some of the people are nice.
Productive Work Place
Lean Sigma Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Love the everyday challenges at Chevron. Have room to grow. Management understands work/life balance.High salary. 9/80 work schedule. Plenty of vacation time. Great raise and bonus program
Pros
9/80 schedule. Bonus and Pension
Cons
Work location
Chevron is a great company to work for if you are willing to relocate.
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 28, 2017
Typical day is busy, opportunity to learn multiple skills. Job requires constant Computer Based Training. Can be difficult to balance daily duties and training requirements. Overall a great company to work for, but oil and gas markets make long term employment unpredictable.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Permitting, reporting and regulations are challenging
Great paying career
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Highly demanding career with constant worry about losing your job due to low price of oil. Huge expectations to do more than two person's job. Great pay and benefits though. The culture is that you sell your soul to the company.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Unreasonable expecations
Worst company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Management sucked! This company sucks! They don't care for there employees all they wants is money!!! They will fire you asap... the only good thing about working here was all the experience handling money and dealing with the worst kind of people
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No benefits
Unpredictable and disappointing
Document Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 23, 2016
When I worked as a contractor for chevron I was surprised about the instability of the work environment. During my time there I slowly saw benefits I was promised be taken away with the instability of the field of work. Over time the things I had appreciated about the job disappeared and I was left with the realization that this is no longer a company I would like to work for.
No opportunity for growth
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAMarch 19, 2017
Poor compensation, no benefits, rude managers and owner, customers are often impatient and condescending, coworkers are lazy and the majority of work falls on a select few while management does nothing to remedy the situation
Pros
free soda on clock
Cons
everything else
Fast pace over all lenient job
Car Washer/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CADecember 10, 2016
Very un organized, before starting , I was told that the pay rate was $11/hr. When I came to find out that they had "forgot to mention" that we start at $10.30/hr and get a $0.30 raise in 3 months, which to me was ridiculous
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
People would always show up late
Flexible starter job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 15, 2017
I recommend anyone to Working for corporate Chevron stations INC gas stations, even as a part time employee the benefits are still great. For the most part most managers are flexible with college students. Environment is fast paced never a dull job.
Pros
Benefits, flexible timetable
Cons
Short breaks
Great for students
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Easy to learn how to make transactions, cash handling, maintaining the store and learning more about why Chevron has the best gas in town.
Pros
2 hr pay for short meetings, works with school
Cons
Sometimes you have to come in very early or work later at night, only get benefits for full time
A small team
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GANovember 30, 2016
We were a small team of people working together. There was never a lack of communication or any problems. the cash registers worked well, i had good hours and decent pay. A lot of times I would be able to get off early because of hard work and was treated as good as i was at my job.
Pros
Free drinks, sometimes paid lunch
Cons
NO breaks, no benefits, Did not take out taxes
Project Manager in Real Estate Department
Lead all aspects of tenant improvement projects (Former Employee) –  Midland/Houston , TXMarch 21, 2017
Managed external architects, engineers & general contractors for interior construction projects. Responsible for Budgets, Schedules, Safety throughout entire project process.
Pros
Great Salary & Benefits
Cons
overall a good company to work for
Pipe Yard Foreman (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79707January 16, 2017
Management has always been open to helping employees advance and learn more about the industry. Good schedule and good benefits.
Pros
management support
Cons
industry driven
A decent paying job, and raises frequently.
Overnight Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mesa, azNovember 4, 2016
This job is a good second job, because the hours that you work are generally out of the way of everything else, at least for night shift. Management isn't terrible, and we get regular raises.
Pros
Free drinks.
Cons
No other discounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.