Chevron

Chevron Employer Reviews

Nice environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Some days were better than the others while some were long and hectic.
My Day
Customer service, food service, cashier (Former Employee), Florence, KYSeptember 19, 2014
Count starting Drawer, paperwork, and assist customers. Stock the Cooler.
Very Very Quiet place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 15, 2014
Enter invoices for payment. Very very quiet place. Very little talking in the working place. Very concerned about safety at all times. Very concerned about exercising during the working day. The hardest part of the job was the lack of direction and help with understanding the program used. Very unfriendly co-workers.
Nice and knowledgeable staff
Production Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 11, 2014
There are daily meetings with operations at the field office. The management is experienced and provide focus. The hardest part of the job was getting access to the information that was required to perform my project.
Fast paced environment with room for advancement
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: competative compensation, good benefits, flexable hours
Cons: 24 hour operations means long days, some nights, and weekends
You are only limited by your own imagination. There are so many positions available starting right out of college, the possibilities are endless. They are looking for the best of the best.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kearns, UTSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free soda pop while you work, and awesome management
Cons: don't pay enough.
I rated it this because this place I loved working at. Dealing with the customer and helping them.
normal workinf eviornment with nice customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Highland, CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free food, free fountain drinks, free icee
Cons: i have a job.
A typical day at work is busy and full of customer service and cleaning.
I have learned many customer service skills and techniques.
My coworkers are extremely friendly and hardworking.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with unhappy customers.
the most enjoyable is having happy customers return on a regular basis.
Fast Paced Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 31, 2014
You have to be flexible with everything at this job. You get all types of customers from the homeless to the richest. Rude customers, friendly customers, annoying, and all types of personalities will affect your work with all customers so you have to be flexible to succeed at that job. The hardest part is keeping up with the pace and your coworkers. – more... Some might be lazy. The management was good and gave me a raise for being one of the best employees. No benefits for anything. – less
Learning Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Orchard, WAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: growing as a person and employee, learning new skills
Cons: difficult owner
This job by far has been the most difficult company I've worked for. On the other hand, I learned how to be an excellent employee here. The hardest part of this job was working for the owner and his lack of managerial skills.
Productive, fun, work place. Customer Service.
Cashier (Current Employee), Saratoga Springs, UTAugust 25, 2014
Pros: cheap drinks and smiles
Cons: no breaks
I worked the cash register, cleaned, and stocked. I learned that I am a hardworker and I deal with impatient people very well. Management was great, very helpful and understanding. My co-workers were helpful and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job; dealing with people who got upset when I would I.D. them. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was staying busy and meeting new people daily. – less
Excellent Company
Senior Real Estate Advisor, Latin America (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLAugust 21, 2014
Solid company, great pay and benefits, smart people, great work/life balance, interesting work.
Nice
Global Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Treat intern nice, management provided guidance. co-workers are very helpful
Great place to make somebodys day.
Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2014
Happly serving customers , love seeing the "regulars" serving others before /during/ after work can really make an diffrence in someones day.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: doing propane
Customer services through out the whole day. Ensure the store is clean and stocked. Assist customers conflicts when needed. The hardest part of my job would have to be doing the propane. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people everyday.
Great place to work, Nice customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2014
I help customers find what they need and I act in a very professional manner. I offer great customer service from the time the customer walks in until they are out of the door. The job is not hard at all and the best part is gaining insight from customers and having them become loyal customers who will always come back.
Customer Service Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: nice employees and customers
Cons: minimum wage no benefits, only part time
Mostly good atmosphere with employee meetings where you can speak your mind and deal with issues.
good profits
Owner Operator (Former Employee), San Fransisco, CA.August 11, 2014
Pros: good profits
Cons: gas profits overtook convenience store income
I was offered this losing gas station and successfully rehabbed it into the largest volume fuel station in the area despite many competitors. Managed staff, finances, and fuel inventory. Gas companies prefer market share to dealer profits so dropped prices a few cents but pumped very large volumes to make a bigger profit.
Great place to work!
Clerk (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDAugust 11, 2014
I worked here while going through college to obtain my bachelor's degree. My boss was great about allowing me the time needed for my studies, as long as I didn't let it impact my performance at work; you get out of it what you put into it. I was provided the opportunity to learn a wide range of functions surrounding the management of a convenience store. – more... I was entrusted with the ordering of supplies, checking inventory, calculating books at the beginning and end of shifts, including full book reconciliation, and bank deposits. Management expectations as interpreted by me: be honest, show up to work and expect to work, be a team player, and try your best. Again, you get out of it what you put into it, and I have a lot of gratitude for the time I spent here! – less
This was a losing gas station which I rehabbed into great profit
Owner Operator (Former Employee), San Fransisco, CA.August 9, 2014
Pros: profits, quick turn around of money
Cons: need to undersell all competitors all the time
This losing fuel station offered to me in the Mission district. I rehabbed the station and in three years was the largest volume gas station in this area. Profits were good, and Chevron remade this station twice to its most modern face. Staff not too much of a problem. Main life of this business is price vs volume. Gas companies prefer volume over price – more... so need to pump as much fuel as possible to make the profits that we made here. – less
Productive and Safe Work Place
OM&S Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, CAAugust 8, 2014
Repairing, Testing,TroubleShooting and Calbriatiion of Equipment.

Safe Work Place, Safety is always #1.

Great Coworkers, Always Helping each other out, Looking out for each other.

Learning new task, and enjoying the positive workforce.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chevron

Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. – Read more