Chevron

Chevron Employer Reviews

Highly productive environment making days feel too short.
Consultant Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: medical cover, relaxed friendly atmosphere, interesting work
Cons: office location made travel a burden
A typical day would involve meetings to discuss the required output for the day.

I learned how to apply my knowledge and skills to simplify the creation of procedures, to create tables that presented major maintenance reviews and create lists of Instrument and Electrical spares required for two year production.

The people I worked with were knowledgeable and friendly ready to share their experience skills and knowledge.

The most arduous part of the job was reviewing all the legal requirements for Australia to ensure compliance with company and government statutory legislation and guidelines.

Most enjoyable part was to see it all come together ready for implementation.
work...
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free promos from companies
Cons: little benefits
Well there is not much to say about being a gas station attendant at any old gas station, however I will say that some of the things that will be the most memorable are the ones where about the customers. Some of the customers would make or break your day. There would be some that would make you so mad that your whole day would be thrown out of wack. Even if your day is great, your day would be great.
easy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: pay check and free lunch
Cons: no healthcare benefits
This job was very easy. I did have a lot of responsibility being the night manager, but there were no challenges. It was a job where there was very little trust I don't mind my work being monitored, but with this job my managers did more than monitor. It was almost no need to have employees. That was the hardest part because I constantly tried to prove myself and there wasn't anything that worked.
N/a
Cashier (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 15, 2015
-very fasted paced
-excellent coworkers
-great manager
-great place to meet new people
-occasional stocking
-very easy work to learn
-very lenient dress code
Awesome company
operator (Current Employee), kapoleiJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: - of course the pay, benefits, job security, training, great work environment
Cons: - no lunch break, you're on call meaning you can, take lunch but if something happens you have to tend to the probem, will miss family outings and dinners
i am an operator trainee and this job is awesome. The schedule will probably be the hardest part. Shift work is pretty crazy. The first 2 weeks you work days (1st week is M, T, Fri, Sat; 2nd week- Sun, Wed, Thurs; you work from 5am-5pm). The 2nd 2 weeks you work nights and follow the same schedule as the first 2 weeks except you have to work from 5pm-5am. Pretty much you work half the month and off half the month. You make a lot of money especially because of the overtime. The work is demanding but if you are a hard worker, self motivated, and willing to learn you'll do a great here. Awesome benefits, bonuses, perks and discounts on cars, trips, and theme parks like Disneyland and a lot of California parks are just a few of the awesome benefits that chevron provides.
Driven and ambitious petroleum comapny
Drilling Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJanuary 14, 2015
I only worked for this company as an intern for a summer so I cannot say much about working here. But I did enjoy the experience of being both in the field and the office while working for Chevron.
IT WAS GOOD PAY,AND LOTS OF CUSTOMERS
Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Auburn, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great pay, easy to do duties
Cons: willing to explain.
ALWAYS CAME EARLY TO SEE WHAT I WOULD BE NEEDING TO DO WHEN MY SHIFT BEGAN, STARTED SHIFT ,COUNTED CASH DRAW, GREETED AND RANG UP CUSTOMERS PURCHASES,MADE SIX CONTAINERS OF DIFFERENT COFFEE ,MADE PASTRIES, REFILLED CONDIMENTS,SWEPT AND MOP AND CLEANED BOTH MEN AND WOMAN'S RESTROOMS,CLEANED OUTSIDE PUMPS AND EMPTIED TRASH,SWEPT AND MOPPED ENTIRE STORE,RECEIVED INVENTORY,COUNTED CIGARETTES,STOCK FREEZER,PLACED PRICED ITEMS ON SALES FLOOR.OPEN AND CLOSED STORE,DID PAPER WORK OF PREVIOUS DAY'S INCOME.I LEARNED TO BE WORK EFFICIENT,TIME CONSCIENCE.SHE WAS A VERY PROFESSIONAL KIND PERSON AND EASY TO WORK UNDER.GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE. I WORK GRAVEYARD SHIFT AND IT BECAME DANGEROUS.I REALLY ENJOYED SERVING THE MANY DIFFERENT CUSTOMERS WHO CAME EVERYDAY.
Four 10s are too much to handle,
Copywriter/Editor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Management had a tendency to fool around with others on staff. That type of indulgence is deleterious to the morale of the workers not involved in illicit love relationships.

Most of management worked 4X10 which too much of a strain and disruptive to we old folks, who don't want to live at the freezing environs of Bellaire or Enron tower.
learned over all about business
Owner/Manager (Current Employee), Wetumpka, ALJanuary 12, 2015
had 5 years of management experinced. Great leadership skill
Productive Safety Culture
(HES) Motor Vehicle Safety Process Advisor (Former Employee), Moon Township PAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: safety culture
Cons: pa was too cold
Enjoyed my time at Chevron. PA was too cold should have stayed in California. Now I am in Houston and it is comparable to California enjoying it here.
Good Company
Janitor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Enjoyed my job, nice and friendly people to work for. Job was easy to do. Clean work environment. I would enjoy working with them again.
Very friendly work environment.
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Excellent company to work. As I am here as a contractor but I newer fill any diffrence between Employee and Contractor. Our suggestions are also taken into the consideration and lots of learning around.
decent place to work
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), DuPont, WAJanuary 6, 2015
constantly understaffed, poor management( manager creates a hostile work environment with attitude) decent pay for a menial before college job. Pleasant group of coworkers while I was there.
FUN PLACE TO WORK AT, MULTIPLE SPORTS ACTVIIES AVAILABLE TO EMPLOYEES
IT SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: set work hrs, weekends off
Cons: non
I''VE ENJOYED WORKING AT CHEVRON. I HAVE BEEN GIVEN OPPORTUNITIES TO LEARN NEW THINGS. I TRULY ENJOY MY JOB AND LOOK FORWARD TO GOING TO WORK EVERY DAY! I HAVE ALSO MET A LOT OF GREAT PEOPLE AT CHEVRON. OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM IS APPROACHABLE AND THEY OFFER GUIDANCE ANYTIME. OUR TEAM GETS TOGETHER ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR TEAM BUILDING EVENTS, WHICH KEEPS US ALL CONNECTED AND FEELING POSITIVE. WE MEET ON A REGULAR BASIS AS A TEAM AND DISCUSS OUR WORK LOAD AS WELL AS DISCUSS ANY NEEDS OR CHANGES THAT MIGHT BE NEEDED.
Positive fun place to work
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee), Sultan, WAJanuary 3, 2015
Typical day started out doing bookkeeping for day before and deposits. ordering merchandise weekly, receiving vendor orders, overseeing employees.
csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, Texas.January 3, 2015
-sign on computer
-prepare the ice machine
-count all the store merchandise
-attend customers with any general inquiry
-occasionally clean floor
-co workers where easy to work with
-management was great
Productive and Fun Place to work
Station Manager (Former Employee), Poway, CADecember 22, 2014
They took care of their employees never a dull moment always work to be done and room for growth within the company.
Sales associate from the Navajo Nation
Sales Associate- Restock, Cashier, Cleaner (Former Employee), Window Rock, AZDecember 19, 2014
Pros: free drinks (disp, bev)
Cons: no breaks
Show up to work with uniform, clock in, sign in to register, that's if you would be working longer hours. I've learned to be socialize with my customers, but keep it professional. Learned to multi-task with cleaning my area around me, after my customers. Check the restrooms hourly. Ask customers if they need help or find something they want, or suggest them new items they never tried.
Customer service, so when the come up to the register, greet them, ask how their day is going, they find everything they want.
My co-workers I got along with, me being with the company so long they always asked me for my suggestion on what to do next.
Our main retail manager was the worst, treated our manager and employees rude. Pull us aside when were very busy during lunch, or whenever she felt it. To me they told me customer service is the main priority. So it was unprofessional when she wanted something she would pull us from what were doing.
The most part I loved was the experience, I was the youngest out of everyone but I was like their boss. My boss could depend on me and I picked up everything so fast, I didn't have to be told what to do.
Innovative World Class
eProcurement Specialist (Former Employee), Covington, LADecember 18, 2014
Chevron is an energy leader in the oil and gas industry. The company embraced diversity and valued their 7 key Chevron Ways. I learned and was challenged during my short career at Chevron.
I wouldn't recommend this one.
Gas Station Cashier (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 17, 2014
the other ones might be great but this one isn't. i'm being paid under the table and i'm not given any kind of schedule they only call you the day of, so i can't be out and about running errands all day because i have no clue if i work or not.

1 2 3 4 5

About Chevron

Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. – Read more