Chevron Employee Reviews

Good Working culture, good place to work.
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Good Working culture, good place to work. Good Learning experience.
Process is followed perfectly.
Willing to work with them again.
Excellent Team work and working environment
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, CAJanuary 17, 2018
i dont suggest working at this location. manager was rude, made promises of advancement and never followed through. was made to take on supervisor roles and never received the compensation for a supervisor position
Pros
Cons
everything
This was a place that you meet all kinds of people. Some people actually felt like family because they come in everyday at the same time.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Quitman County, MSJanuary 17, 2018
I loved working here. Very fun everyday there was a rush but then it would calm back down. The hardest part of this job was if someone comes in with a credit card and want there money back in cash and that's not the policy. Also the store did not own a scanner so remembering every price of every product in store was the hardest.
Pros
I could have a seat
Cons
No time to eat sometimes
Work life at chevron
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJanuary 16, 2018
I loved working at chevron, It was something that i liked doing there. I have worked all the shifts there, I liked all my customers. A typical day at work is checking the coffee and checking everything to make sure everything is stocked, then checking the trashes and checking the bathrooms to make sure they have everything, also wiping down all the counters, making sure there is two or more people working so you can going the cooler to stock it.
Also Meeting new friends there One of my co workers became my best friend but she is like a mom to me more.
Pros
Finding a Dog that came into the store and now he's My best friend :)
Cons
N/a
worst place ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJanuary 16, 2018
cant speak for others but the one i worked at was the worst palce ive ever worked at... they had no care for there employees they didnt give no rasies
l was laid off by Chevron during while in this role.
Drill/Well Site Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2018
In the beginning this was a great opportunity for me. The training I received was great. I was involved in a motorcycle accident while on my days off and that hindered my development in this new role and I was laid off due to the crash of oil & gas prices.
Very tedious and boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Snelling, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Same routine every week very tedious tasks like stocking and constant cleaning. good customer service practice. Managers were very strict on rules and dresscode.
Pros
small discounts. lunch breaks
Cons
long shifts.
HR Assistant/Generalist
HR Assistant/Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Generalist were assigned a section of the country we were responsible for while working for CSI Stations. Answered questions or inquires from the Area Manager. Worked with employees and Station Managers to provide correct benefit and leave information and processing. Created and maintained call logs, reports and spreadsheets. Process and administrate drug and background checks for new hires as well as random testing. Required to keep files updated.
Pros
On site cafeterias, gym, valley ball and basketball court, walking trails. Credit Union on site beautiful working site.
Cons
Several organizational changes in the years as an employee about every two or three years.
Stress workplace
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 14, 2018
This is a stress workplace with stressful environment. No benefits.
No insurance. No holidays pay.
A lot of things to do. A lot of people talkative. The salary very low
Great Opportunity
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2018
The work is rewarding and it is a nice place to work. The office is located downtown. If you are an employee you will receive discounts for parking and/or public transportation. As a contractor you will need to negotiate parking with your pay, if not parking can be expensive.
As a green badge
Upstream IT Project Manager / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Work was good but I was not able to convert from a contract position to a full time role.

Houston downtown office was nice, but I had to pay for my own parking.
Quick paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Fun place to work and to advance in your career if you'd like also a lot of customer interaction and having to keep a really clean environment always for happy customers .
stressful environment with unfair working conditions
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 10, 2018
when i was there it was run by family so if you werent related, you had a hard time. the night shift had to do their load and the load left over from that morning.
Have to like people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 10, 2018
If you are a type that doesn't get along with people, this wouldn't be a job for you. Meeting all types of people everyday and need to be happy, friendly and helpful to who ever comes in the store.
Love People
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 10, 2018
I am a outgoing people person. Creating Customers was my Strength. Make Store look Clean , let customers no I care. Very good with Counting money. They Also had Candy giveaways. Prize Drawings
Diverse, Relaxed, Professional, Teamwork
PROJECT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Chevron is an excellent company to work for. Chevron offers developmental programs, diversity, 9/80 work-life balance, and the culture is relaxed. Your safety always comes first while working here.
Its okay
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Work usually has its ups and downs, There is certain time frame where its fast paced and then its slow. If management is not fully staffed you are either left alone to work during busy hours and hardly get a set schedule.
Pros
Get to know alot of regular people
Cons
being left alone on busy hours
fun and easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working at Chevron. it was by far my favorite job. the only issue I ever had was with a manager for reasons I don't need to discuss online, I would work for them again if it was at a different store.
Pros
free food
Cons
unprofessional manager
Good atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coalinga, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Chevron is a good place to work. The environment is awesome and the people make it even better(both employees and regulars). I recommend it for sure. ‘
Cashier/Customer Service
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJanuary 8, 2018
cashier check out customers, stock, clean, count till, close store,
Learned how to use cash register and balance till.
Good management
Relaxed work environment
Pros
flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.