Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

Great balance
Drill Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 6, 2016
CVX is a company which is dedicated to its employees. Even in the current market, CVX is doing its best to aid the workforce by offering trainings and positions.
Pros
Life balance, benefits, support
Expected more
EIS (Current Employee) –  West TexasFebruary 2, 2016
Management does whatever it takes to protect their production. Covering up spills, fudging numbers, etc was a way of life. I do not agree with this way of doing business.
Nepotism and clicks seems to be "The Chevron Way"
Witnessed many incidents where racism and favoritism were exhibited by management, causing one worker to quit on the spot over it.Nothing was done to stop it or as disciplinary action.
Pros
Good pay, lots of overtime
Cons
Very "old boy network" environment
Great place to work and great values
Legal Assistant, Property Specialist & Admin (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I would recommend working for Chevron because of the company values and the quality of people that work for the company. It is an exceptional place to work.
Pros
Values
Cons
Oil and Gas Industry cycles
The crew was fantastic
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day working at Chevron would consist of many things such as opening and closing the store, making all of the food through out the day, making coffee through out the day, helping customers, stocking shelves, pulling out of date items, training new employees, opening and closing the car wash, spraying down cars before they enter the car wash, and being polite and courteous to customers. While working at Chevron I learned many things, a few of those things I learned are how to rotate items on shelves, how the gas pumps worked, and how to check inventory. Working at Chevron I had some of the best co-workers that I have ever worked with, besides some bad apples we had the best team an employee could ask for, everyone I worked with was very hardworking, very team oriented. They made working at a gas station fun and enjoyable. The hardest part about working at Chevron was the hours. I was hired to be the night supervisor so I planned everything around the hours I was going to be working, I planned childcare, life, bills, etc. But unfortunately I was not given the hours I was hired for, and that made my home life very difficult. The management at chevron was decent. I absolutely loved my supervisor, who trained me, and worked with me almost everyday, she was patient, kind and understanding. My store manager was not the most understanding or caring women. She did not care about most of her employees, she would pick favorites, and be very rude to the other employees. She often blames everyone else for either her or someone else's mistakes. The owner of the store was a very  more... sweet man, he never talked down to his employees and often gave praise when needed. The most enjoyable part of this job was always staying busy, and my coworkers.  less
Pros
Performance bonuses
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, no time off, minimum wage, and no room to move up on the ladder.
Loved working here!
Gas Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJanuary 31, 2016
I generally worked 8-9 hour days Friday-Sunday. My boss was always really understanding of a changing schedule. My co-workers were hard working and very helpful and were always teaching me new things about the job and otherwise. I think going to work in general was the most enjoyable part of the job.
great place
Night Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 28, 2016
they always look at the good we done an helped us if we ever need any thing n made sure they showed us appreciation n I like the people I worked with n for
Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I learned about time management and tight deadlines. The ability to also interface with high level management and external stakeholders/
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work Life Balance
Supportive and balanced workplace
Software License Manager, Chevron ITC (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Chevron has a strong work-life balance culture, supports continuing education/training, and encourages cross-training.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
unstable industry
Good work culture
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2016
the best benefits,great culture,great pay great and comfortable to work for
the internship program is innovative and truly works towards shaping ur career path
Great organizational safety culture
Process Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2016
From senior leadership to the front-line worker, operational excellence is deeply embedded in our safety culture. Every worker is expected to sustain a high level of commitment to our health, environment and safety management system.
Cashier
stock new groceries.
sign vendor orders.
brew coffee.
help costumers.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
no days off
Work @ Chevron
Sr. SharePoint Developer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Friendly Working environment.
Got best experience in sharepoint architecture
Learned management skills
Learned Architectural concepts
Learned High level documentation.
Pros
Good Working Environment
great company
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
work life balance is great with 9/80 schedule. Compensation is excellent and a healthy work atmosphere. They are also concerned with RSI and have implemented several safety procedures in place to ensure that your safe. Very much enjoyed all my years working here.
Pros
9/80 schedule, Safety
Cons
n/a
Good place to work with great people
Subsea Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2016
Great place to work with very supportive coworkers and good opportunities for growth and to work in many global locations.
HES Advisor - Operational Excellence Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Fantastic benefits; company really does care about its employees; company is above average in allowing work-life balance
Busy and friendly environment with new people always coming in
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 13, 2016
A ordinary day consist of - arriving with ample time to discuss with other team members any problems they may have encountered. Counting cash drawer to ensure tally is correct. Cleaning store,stocking shelves,dusting and checking various products to ensure customers receive products that are not expired or near "best if used by date". Management is always available either in person or by phone. My co-workers are all friendly and helpful. Hardest part of my day is end of night closing when customer comes in at end closing time of day. My most enjoyable part is interaction with customers.
Pros
meeting new people and support of co-workers and management
Cons
no healthcare and not enough hours; no little or no room for advancementmnt.
Overall a great place to work
Communications Analyst-Writer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Plus: A great emphasis is on safety first. All employees and contractors have Stop Work Authority without negative consequences when unsafe behavioral work practices are observed.
Also a great diversity of employees and employee networks.
Fitness Center in building.
Pros
safety culture, diversity, employee benefits, great cafeteria, in-house fitness center
Cons
Athough they won't admit it, favoritism plays some role in promotion and selection, not much lateral advancement movement without "knowing someone"
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CAJanuary 8, 2016
always nice to have frequent customers asking about how you're doing and showing that they appreciate your service. Also good to go to work knowing that you have a great bond with your manager and coworkers
Productive and Colaborative
Internship (Former Employee) –  Angola by the Bay, DEJanuary 7, 2016
The day always started with SERIP meeting or department meeting to inform the employees about the safety measurements that needed to taken. Also about the work that was to be performed during that day or period.
Pros
Great environment to work
Work at Chevron
Business Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2016
In my 13 years (...and counting) of service here at Chevron, I have had the opportunity to be involved in several different positions that allowed me to build competencies and further develop both soft and technical skillsets to further improve my development as an employee as well as a leader in developing others by way of mentoring and coaching.
Pros
People Development
Cons
Exposure to changing economic external influences