CHEVY CHASE CLUB Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting Learning Experience
Culinary (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDAugust 2, 2015
My job is mainly the assistant to the garde manger chef. It involves preparing the cold hor d'oeuvres and salads for all the parties at the country club. It often requires long hours and a lot of attention to detail. I have learned a lot about food preparation, customer service, cooking, and generally how the system of a kitchen in a restaurant/club works. My job has taught me to use problem-solving, common sense, and teamwork as well as some creativity. I get along well with my fellow co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, excessively long hours at times, not enough pay
Was a great working experience with the club members
Green Department (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMarch 19, 2013
Got to play golf with some of the members. I learned how to hit the ball right where i wanted it to go. My co-workers were really friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was cutting the grass right and making sure the sand was managed to stay in hole. The most enjoyable part was The cookouts on the holidays and playing games.
Pros
free lunch and team member clothes
Cons
30 min. breaks and getting the job done no matter what.
Fun work place
Golf Course Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDAugust 7, 2012
Well we worked outdoors, I use to work from Monday to Sundays. ive learned a lot from there. ive learned how to cut the greens and how to maintain the grass nice and fresh. some of the coworkers were rude to each and talk a lot of trash to each other. the hardest part of the job is when your working on hot days. the enjoyable part of my job was when we have event.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work on weekends

4.5