Cheyenne Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

Very busy during the summer months
Cocktail server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 1, 2017
The lack of Management was made apparent. The lack of communication was very high. One of the hardest parts of being a cocktail server at CMR, was by far the long hours on my feet with no breaks.
Pros
I made great money, I also met a lot of very nice guests at the resort.
Cons
The lack of communication between employees and management was very bad
Productive, Professional and a place of integrity
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 21, 2016
Cheyenne Mountain Resort has everything you need to experience a Colorado Resort but with an authentic feel and level of personalized service.
The staff and my former colleagues have been there for years and take a lot of pride in what they do.
The hardest part of the position was the "sale" of the location. A bit out of the way, however once experiencing it, it is wonderful.

I had one of the most amazing bosses in the hotel industry and she was wonderful to work with and for. I learned a lot from her as well.

Cheyenne Mountain was and is managed by Benchmark Hotels and is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great staff and great product to sell
Cons
Hard sell due to location
Cheyenne Mountain
Server/Buffet Attendant/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 20, 2016
i AM A SERVER AND ITS A SERVING JOB YOU BE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU CAN POSSIBLY BE i have nnot learned much but be an expert wine specialist and my manager and co-workers are good
Fun and productive place to work
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 15, 2016
Loved it there the people are so nice and co-workers were great. Great place to work. I typical day is fixing food for buffet and banquets that are scheduled.
Pros
free meals, fast pace, fun atmosphere
Great people always welcoming new people
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 8, 2016
Typical day at work walk in and already welcomed by other co workers "good morning"
Always can learn and try and work for other department's it's allowed easy to move around.
Hardest job is how to manage so many people with different issues at once and always maintaining a porfessional work ethic (fasted paced)
Easiest part is to come up with another way or show them your ability to help the customer and leaving them remembering you at the end of their stay
Pros
Able to use some of the facilities on property, free food in cafeteria
Cons
Not being able to use ALL the facilities only if you were in management status
Great Place to Work.
Massage Therapist- Alluvia Spa (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 16, 2016
I work in the Spa near the Country Club, and the environment is wonderful.

Only thing is Massage Therapists are only PT. Promise of FT, however, like the usual spa life, the demand has slowed down, not completely but it is that time of year.
Pros
Everything about a Resort!!!
Cons
Absolutely nothing!!!
Underpaid
Fitness Attendant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 4, 2016
They ask for a degree but pay you the minimum. Is underpaid, with a degree in sports and health there's many other options.
Great Place to work.
Conference service attendant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 22, 2016
Has a very warm friendly feeling all throughout the resort. Other coworkers are great and very helpful whenever needed. The management is excellent and very understanding as well as being surrounded by a wide array of clientele making the workday fun everyday.
Pros
free lunch free beverages great work place warm staff
Cons
odd hours during the winter
Amazing view!
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 2, 2015
I LOVED working at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. The view there was amazing anywhere you looked. My co-workers were great. We had an event at least every week so it kept us excited to work.
Pros
Great view
Cons
Members can be grumpy
Fun place to work at in Banquet Department
Banquet Server & Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2015
Extensive customer service skills catering to guest needs in this Four Star Resort. Up sell tactics. Fun people to work for. Great place.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Winters are slow. No money then.
people are good to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  COLORADO SPRINGSOctober 14, 2014
very good place to work, managed several people, I learn that you get to work with different cultures,and learn from them also.
good place to work, great multinational team
department manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 10, 2014
Room to grow with company, in house promotions, easy transfers to different properties
Pros
free lunch, benefits, great team
Cmr
Conference/Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  colorado springsDecember 10, 2013
- A typical day at work started with me opening up the resort at 6am after i delegate necessary tasks to each employee. I would introduce myself if i have not already met the clients that were in contact with me that day. If we had already met we would move right in to the agenda for all of their functions we were hosting. Throughout the day i would relay necessary changes to all other departments as the clients designated urgent. My overall goal each day was to ensure 100% satisfaction and to make sure each and every guest had someone to talk to at any moment in time to resolve any wants and needs within the contracts.
- The most important thing that i learned in the 7 years i was there was how to relate to other people. And not just a "how do you" ive learned that going that little extra mile and becoming more personable with anyone you come in contact with actually puts more smiles on peoples faces than anyone can believe
- My co-workers were all a good time to work with. We all shot towards achieving the same goal each day. And in doing so, building teamwork
- The hardest part of the job was waking up at 5am. Yeah the job was hard but i really like it. The only honest answer i can say is waking up so early
- The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the different international people i got to meet.
Pros
free lunch, family atmosphere
Cons
The decision making wasnt top notch
Not bad for a part time job
Audio Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 6, 2013
The people there were professional and kind. I just cannot sustain myself on seasonal part time work alone.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Erattic work hours, questionable pay
Fun place to work great environment
Service industry (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2013
Worked at CMR for 6 years and loved it. You get to meet so many people.
Productive, Lots of Team Work
Country Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 30, 2012
Hardest part of the job was working around the elderly who seam to have the most complaints..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Exciting culinary world.
Cook-Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 21, 2012
Management shows emiphty. Co-workers are strong belivers in teamwork.
Culinary learning, fun fast pace.
COOK III (Former Employee) –  COLORADO SPRINGS CODecember 22, 2011
Over all I enjoyed working for this company. Alot of learning different recipes, working in different departments within the kitchen. Working in gardemanger was a big challenge, to improve my culinary skills.
Pros
good workplace, great people
Cons
parttime- seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2