Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 8, 2017
CRMC is a great place to work. The staff is always willing to help. We have caring staff. Great incentives. Awesome training. Very clean hospital. Most enjoyable job I have had.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
sometimes understaffed
Low moral overall
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 5, 2017
You constantly hear everyone saying they dont want to be their anymore. No one is professional and the ones that are carry all the slack with no reward. Supervisors are overworked and burnt out and thus no longer care what is going on on the floor anymore. Management has given up and has no idea how badly they are understaffed and how unprofessional they staff they do have are.
Pros
Great pay and getting to see all the things a large lab has to offer
Cons
unprofessional staff and burnt out management
I was a good place to work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 25, 2017
I was disappointed in the nursing culture in the behavioral health unit from the rns with regards to an incoming LPN to the out patient unit It was hard to build trust that I could do the job I was hired to do.
Bullies Run the Show
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at work was always covering yourself. The bullies were allowed to cause disruptions with other employees. Their actions were continually condoned by management, since management themselves were bullies, also. Walking on eggshells was the every day concept there at CRMC.
No respect
RN (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 18, 2017
Coworkers are the reason you stay in your department. Managers get the job because they subscribe to the BS not because they’re qualified, and don’t even bother going to them for help unless you are a favorite. Patient ratios are unsafe and not at all based on acuity, oh and the health insurance is some of the worst I’ve seen. To top it off high turnover and they are not at all financially solvent...
Pros
Mostly good coworkers
Cons
Pay, management, insurance coverage
Hospital, typical
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 18, 2017
The benefits package was pretty good, the management was not. I enjoyedd working for the hospital, but the person, my supervisor nearly ran our department into the ground
secure
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 11, 2017
enjoyable but must be able to tolarate high stress and high volumes. I have enjoyed my position had room to grow. Need more staff and higher pay during short staffed situations
Customer Care Rep I (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 3, 2017
A typical day is receiving inbound calls from customers that need to pay their bills or make payment arrangements. We would also make outbound calls to customers to setup payment arrangements or accept payments that day.
Pros
Co-workers
Great work environment
Physical Therapy Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 26, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the nursing staff to ensure proper and positive patient care and work environment. The management was a joy to work with and assisted with scheduling around classes.
Nice place to work
Cancer Registrar (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 25, 2017
Typical small community hospital. Allows flexible schedule. Not enough parking. Vacation sick time and holiday time off rolled into one account which I thought was pretty lean.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Stingy on paid time off
supportive mangement
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 15, 2017
I took my first job with CRMC while I was going to school to which they were extremely supportive of me doing.After graduation they worked with me to move to a new job that went with my education.
I would gladly work for them again.
Friendly co-workers
Team Leader - Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 12, 2017
Cheyenne as a town was a good place to be. The Medical center on the other hand did not have good moral with the lab employees. There was alot of disgrutlement and alot of turnover. There was a thick air and an unrelaxed feel.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
micro-management
Lots of opportunities
Registered Nurse / Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 3, 2017
I have learned so much while working at CRMC. I started on the night shift and I was able to take the time to really learn my job as well as develop my nursing skills. Since moving to the day shift, I have been a floor nurse with 4-5 patients at a time as well as taking on charge duties. I have noticed a decline in moral recently but I think it is just growing pains. I am hopeful that the new management agreement will help with moral and staffing issues. The best thing about my job is helping people heal and guide them through a scary situation. The hardest thing is having patients that are not compliant or willing to get better.
Pros
self scheduling, taking care of patients, my co-workers
Cons
short staffed
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 29, 2017
I loved this place, I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. I didn't intend to leave this place, had to relocate. I found this place to be relaxed yet competitive and enjoyable with out being overly stressful. I miss this place
Great place to learn!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 12, 2017
This employment was as a CNA. Several years ago I was given the opportunity to work as a new CNA at the hospital. The learning opportunities were invaluable! Once I entered into nursing school, the RN's that I shared patients with would share and show me different diseases to enhance my learning.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Violating Labor Standards
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 8, 2017
I was called "the maid" by one manager due to my being Mexican and the manager German, from Germany and Human Resources was told and did nothing.
My last manager did an audit with false findings after I began to apply for other positions-she lied in front of HR as she terminated me.She also bullied me for having Lupus and committed defamation of character.
Worked with some good people
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 28, 2017
Due to high turnover at the hospital, in the three years that I worked there, I had five supervisors. Very political atmosphere, didn't really feel that your opinion or ideas mattered. They asked, had meetings, but nothing much was done about issues that were raised. Just not a "great" place to work.
Pros
Patients and co employees
Cons
Too much back stabbing and who knows who situation.
Registration at Cheyenne Regional was great!
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 16, 2017
I really liked working in the registration department of the new Emergency Room. The staff was really friendly to work with! I liked the different nights of work, it was always interesting! You never knew what would show up at night. It was exciting and a great experience.
Pros
Enjoyed the excitement
Cons
That I had to leave
a decent place to work
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 10, 2017
Decent place to work
Pay is lower than in other medical facilities that are in Colorado (approximately 50 miles away) but the cost of living is lower in Cheyenne. Great atmosphere and friendly coworkers
It is a decent place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 6, 2017
Like any job there are good and bad things about this organization. There is little to no advancement within the company. As well as unit managers that do not support their staff. However, the vast majority of people who are in the organization are driven to truly make an impact within the community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8