Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive teams
Patient Financial / Billing Leader (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 4, 2017
The teams work hard to complete daily tasks. Unfortunately most of these go un-noticed by leadership team while team members suffer.
Some leadership acknowledge and show appreciation for your hard work.
Pros
Steady work, great coworkers
Cons
leadership, CFO, CEO continue to change
Great pay, lously health insurance, to much politics
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 1, 2017
Great pay, could be an excellent place to work but the politics will get you if your not a people person. Facilities Engineering department is a horrible department to work in and there issues are documented so you don't need to take my word on it.
Pros
pay
Cons
politics
not a great place
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  m/sMarch 6, 2017
Patient to nurse ratio too high. Not a caring atmosphere. Totally bad place to work. Second time i worked there. First time was great. Typical night 7-8 patients, management was horrible and didn't care. There were no enjoyable parts to this job. Nasty environment from nurses.
Pros
Cons
too many patients
Loved working there and the people but management sucked
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne WyomingDecember 26, 2016
Loved what I did and the people I worked with just hated the management knowbody really knew how to manage the department I was in but overall okay place to work
Highly Educational and open work environment
Patient Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 1, 2016
Typically a day at work begins with a morning meeting in order to communicate information to the staff. This is followed by beginning our basic work task. I have learned how to use multiple programs and websites pertaining to my job functions. I have even completed a CCA training program thanks to my current job. My co-workers are helpful, talented, and skilled at what they do. The hardest part of the job is implementing the ever changing standards of hospital billing. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning how to adapt to changes and actually see the results of our hard work based on the amount of revenue we bring into the hospital.
Pros
Team building lunches
Cons
The current facility is older and under repairs.
Terrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 22, 2016
If your not part of the click you will end up either quitting due to bulling or get fired for a very stupid reason. Doesn't matter how well you do your job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management rely on gossip and bulling to get the job done
I have learned about leadership, and communication skills in a business as well as personal.
Operations Manager EVS (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 4, 2017
I am very happy with my experience with the company I have brought integrity and leadership to my peers, and to my Directors.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Relocating, and bonuses
Great staff and a great learning enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 18, 2016
As a phlebotomist I loved working at Cheyenne regional. At the time I was working almost full time hours as a part time employee. I needed to prioritize school because my goal was to get into Laramie County Community College's Nursing program.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Hardly any breaks and short staffed most of the time
They need people but shoot themselves in their foot
RN (Former Employee) –  main campusFebruary 14, 2013
Few good people but people all around you are constantly getting fired for speaking up about nursing to patient ratio's. Upper management just wants to keep cutting budgets so we had to work short all the time. Too easy to get a job as an RN somewhere else,
If you live in Colorado and commute, very dangerous road, and terrible benefits. Read the fine print on their 401K and tuition reimbursement. 401K you need to be vested for a year before they match you and for every 5K they give you for tuition reimbursement, you have to sign a contract for 1.5 years! Glad I didn't do that. Feel sorry for patients, constant falls, dangerous and unorganized, good nurses who care but senior management keeps either firing them or scaring them off because they do not apply their True Care Standards, they pay consultants and then don't change, fear and intimidation instead to keep people quiet. Often times we had no supplies or medications. Wouldn't bring my family there..
Pros
some real nice people
Cons
complete disconnect between nursing and whoever is running the hospital, dangerous roads, little to no security on units, continually changing management, people getting fired (good people) constantly
decent hospital, definitely differs from department to department
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 16, 2013
The hiring staff was more than friendly and made it seem like it was going to be a great place to work. Once you get into a department though your opinion seems to get lost. I was promised many things that did not happen and no one seemed to care or want to help me at all. It may have just been my department but the management was beyond anything you could consider decent. Staff and patient's best interest were the last of concern and higher management did not want to deal with complaints or concerns so if your immediate manager was bad it there is no winning and nowhere to turn.
Pros
good opportunities to advancement or change
Cons
horrible management
Excellent educational opportunities.
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82001June 16, 2016
Fun, fast paced office with lots of room for growth and education. Wonderful co workers, and overall pleasant office environment.
revolving door
RN (Current Employee) –  travelerJanuary 11, 2013
Few good people that are trying to make a difference but money hungry board that has nurse to patient ratios up to 10:1, absolute revolving door with employees and management, here today, gone tomorrow, all talk no show, get you in and then overwork you and don't listen, its all about cutting the budget, absolutely the worst place for a clinical rn to practice, will float you even during orientation, would never send family there, management is clueless, no one can be found, had to bring in my own pens, paper, supplies short, no organization at all They try to pay you off with higher dollar than nursing jobs in colorado, not worth it, don't go!
Pros
money
Cons
high patient to nurse ratio, no help from management, all they care about is making their balance sheet look good, patients getting hurt because of no help, just awful.
I enjoyed working for CRMC
Medical Transcription (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 31, 2014
I checked messages for instructions before transcribing specific reports.

I learned new techniques in the medical record, new surgical and pharmacology terminology.

The management of my department varied over the last 17 years. Several managers had different formulas for our department but overall, medical transcription department did very well.

Coworkers were not really seen as most of us worked at home. Meetings and getting together for new software training was our contact. Still friends with most of my coworkers.

The hardest part of my job was finding out the hospital was changing to a new system that would eliminate most of the transcription department.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work at home.
Pros
Working at home.
Cons
None.
Productive and important enviroment
PACS Associate/Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 31, 2012
Working at a hospital is a two way streak. It's amazing place to work when you loving helping people. But it's also very stressful dealing with sick and frustrated people. It's important that you follow all the rules and know what you are doing and that you are very detailed. The hardest part is making sure you are following HIPPA. The most enjoyable part helping people and making them feel comfortable during their visit. I learned alot at this job including medical terminology, digitizing, scheduling, etc.
Pros
helping people, medical terminology, co-workers
Cons
management, hippa, frustrated sick people
Too many chiefs not enough good indians.
No way idiot (Current Employee) –  CRMCFebruary 10, 2012
This hospital in run horrible. The care is very risky. Working there is scary as well, employees fear. Too many mgmt staff. This hospital hires outside companies that they pay a lot of money for that do useless jobs, rather than helping their employees. Benefits stink and they know it and refuse to do better. The little guy will lose working for this hospital. Do not go there for care or work there.
Pros
in 1993, it used to be a good hospital, but not anymore.
Cons
they got greedy and careless and became snobs.
Koolaid drinkers only
RN (Current Employee) –  main campusFebruary 1, 2013
The people that are reviewing this as top notch are "drinking the koolaid". Fear and intimidation goes a long way. I experienced in 1 year 3 managers, floating to other units to work short always. No unit secretaries, not enough CNA's as a RN I ran away. Disgusting greedy people who don't care about healthcare making decisions, nice middle managers who are still there are either drunk on power or scared to death of speaking up and getting fired.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else don't go its sad, you will feel sorry for patients
Encouraged learning
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 17, 2016
CRMC was very flexible with my school schedule and encouraged me to stay educated and continue education. The nurses that I had the opportunity to work with were wonderful.
TrueCare Values without upper management
Epic Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WyomingJuly 19, 2013
During my time with CRMC I learned the best practice for Epic EMR implementation from an ADT/Prelude and SER Provider Masterfile. A typical day at work was optimizing and enhancing registration workflows as well as working out the bugs that were implemented during our validation stage. Hardest part of the job was making executive decisions without direction of upper management. Determining best practice for our patients and employees was a tough process to handle but was successful from my implementation teams perspective.
Challenging place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 7, 2012
Management has been difficult to work with and has not been open to suggestions from employees to improve the working conditions.
Pros
very cultured
Questions??
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  CheyenneFebruary 6, 2016
Why is the pay so low??? As a phlebotomist and Lab Assistant I have always made more than $15.00 hr with just starting out of school.. My last job as a lab assistant in MN I was making $18.50 hr. I don't get how the pay can be so low dealing with body fluids and the stress level. The receptionist starts out at $15 hr Thats sad.
Pros
Cons
Hourly rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7